What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

Guys i am going to Watch the Match Between Australia and Pakistan if i took some Pictures i will post you guys:pakistan:

Mohammad yousuf should be in and youngster are not as good as him even after getting chances

Salam everyone, well once again we are about to face aussies...we certainly do have a chance this time ....yousuf put it rightly, we can beat them if we stay united....ALL THE BEST, I will try to remain up to watch the start.

In the mean time please watch the following video, Shance Watson's celebrations against the spirit of gentleman's game has become a laughing stock in Aussieland....

Last edited by a moderator:
There is this thing called the Infinite Monkey Theorem, which states, roughly, that:
A monkey randomly typing on a typewriter for an infinite amount of time would, as part of its output, almost surely produce all of Shakespeare's plays.
A variant of this theorem is also referred to as the "Law of Probability".

I bring this up because our batsmen are like monkeys, and their bats are the typewriters. They fail more often than not, they crumble like a house of cards only to leave the bowlers with all the work. However, the batting order did not function well in any of the 3 Tests against New Zealand (yes, even the second innings of the third Test played on a batting heaven). This leads me to believe that our monkeys are overdue for a masterpiece, and I will go out on a limb here and predict that said masterpiece will occur in this series. Maybe not the first Test, but I believe the time is right for our batting order to collectively win a match all on its own.

That said, we will still rely very heavily on our bowling attack. The bowling potential we have on this tour is pretty much unrivaled in international cricket; Gul, Ajmal, Sami, Asif, Kaneria, Aamer - each name has more match-winning potential than the previous. We even have the unknown elements in Abdur Rauf and Fawad Alam, with the latter being quite handy with the bat at times. Hence, if the tracks of Australia remain as friendly as they have been in the past for bowlers, then our batsmen will only have to do a "decent enough" job to give our bowlers something to bowl at. Their batsmen are no joke, but I believe our bowling attack can confound the best batting attack on their day.

Lastly, the most overlooked yet the most disturbing aspect of Pakistan Cricket, fielding. I really hope Waqar Younis, our new fielding coach, gave Pakistani players a good thrashing after the NZ series. It was well overdue. Let's also hope that the thrashing did some good, and we can at least hold on to the simple catches.

All said, we should win at least one Test based on our bowling (our batting is bound to click). Let's just hope that our bowling attack doesn't pull the inverse of the Infinite Monkey Theorem by throwing away a Test, and let's hope that our batting and fielding do at least the minimum required to support the bowlers.

Now, the series begins in about 15 minutes, so I'm going to go make some tea. Good luck Pakistan, win or lose, we are behind you. Make us proud.

PAFAce,

Good comments but we have Yousuf bhai captain who decided to pick A. Rauf instead of Umar Gul. I hope this proves to be the right decision.

Big test for Yousuf and Misbah.

Good luck to Pakistan

Mohammad Aamer to Katich, no run, dropped, Umar Akmal's the man, short and wide and he went for the cut, the first aggressive shot from the left-hander, struck hard and the 19-year old reacted late at gully, and was in some pain after letting it slip

here we go again!!!!:hitwall::hitwall:

Poor fielding display from Pakistan, again:

Mohammad Yousuf had the first chance to dismiss the obstinate Australian opener via a run-out, only for his throw from the covers to pass comfortably wide of the stumps

The final indignity of the opening session was suffered when Watson stabbed at a Saeed Ajmal doosra in the lead-up to the break. The ball deflected subtly off the glove of Kamran Akmal and was turfed by a lurching Misbah-ul-Haq at first slip, drawing a look of frustration from Ajmal, who had so brilliantly deceived the batsman to that point.

Watson and Katich set strong platform | Australia v Pakistan, 1st Test, Melbourne, 1st day Report | Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Misbah can't bat and now he can't field either! All he wants is to become the captain of the Pakistani team or play dirty politics in the dressing room

First day : Australia 305/3.
Watson 93, Katich 98. Seems their bad form still continues.

Pakistan had ample opportunity to capitalise on the Australians' shortcomings, but three dropped catches and a missed run-out ensured the day went the way of the hosts. The most costly was the life granted to Watson who, after failing to read an Ajmal doosra, was turfed at first slip by a lunging Misbah-ul-Haq. The other reprieves were bestowed upon Simon Katich - dropped in the gully by Umar Akmal and spared a run-out by Mohammad Yousuf - and Ponting, who was grassed by Kamran Akmal.

Australia shine despite Watson, Katich near misses | Australia v Pakistan, 1st Test, Melbourne, 1st day Report | Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Yousuf wanted a team which had no supporers of Younis ... well he got that so he should be happy ... only Pakistan is the loser here.

Why can't we change Kamran Akmal?? ... his brisk scoring is helpful but his dropped catches have caused Pakistan many a matches.

The catch dropped by Misbah was also off the glove of Kamran which means he dropped two!!

Misbah, Kamran Akmal need to be out of the test team!! I am glad Malik, is out and hopefully this series will seal their test careers as well.

Those who pout their own ambitions before Pakistan should not be in team!!!!!!!!!

i think kamran akmal should be played as batsman and bring sarfraz nawaz atleast he cathes which win matches run never win u match

Back
Top Bottom