What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

from last 4 years i was saying it akmal is not a keeper to play in national side but noone seem to listen now see what it cost us when we cut our hands than we know we never think of curining i hope he never play we seen him in england 2006 season out of ten easy catches he droped 8 thats was how he is poor we need catches not runs he never scored only once he saved it us in karachi after that perfomance there is nothing to keep him in team

from last 4 years i was saying it akmal is not a keeper to play in national side but noone seem to listen now see what it cost us when we cut our hands than we know we never think of curining i hope he never play we seen him in england 2006 season out of ten easy catches he droped 8 thats was how he is poor we need catches not runs he never scored only once he saved it us in karachi after that perfomance there is nothing to keep him in team

Well that thought makes the two of us :)

malik and misbah carrers should be over for now i wish they are not perfoming since last 2 years and akmal too and bring nazir becoz he is not like farhat *** hole

i hope he never play for pak we suffered alot from him we want to make him suffer

Akmal should be back for ODIs and T20s. For tests lets try Sarfaraz for now.

webby why u r in favour of akmal he did nothin sir he did nothin for last 5 long years just once in test he did something but on one perfomance i dont think so he should be in the team.

Sarfraz call-up deserves extended run- Ramiz
Cricinfo staff

January 8, 2010

Former Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja believes the PCB is justified in its "big move" to call up wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmed for the third Test against Australia in Hobart, in all likelihood to replace a struggling Kamran Akmal. He has, however, advised that Sarfraz be given an extended run behind the stumps.

"This change is justified even though some eyebrows will be raised by this sudden coup behind the stumps in the middle of a series," Ramiz told Cricinfo. "Dispatching an unacclimatised player straight into a Test match, that too against Australia, can be fraught with risk."

The key to success behind the stumps, he said, would be to keep the position stable. "The removal of a keeper is a significant selection call, for he is as crucial to the team as its leader," he said. "This [Sarfraz's] selection has to a be well thought-out, crafted move and not just a mere flirtation with the post. A constant change behind the stumps can have an unsettling effect on the team and its leader. If Sarfraz has been penciled in as a Test wicketkeeper then his tenure should have a sensible stretch."

Akmal, he said, shouldn't be "embarrassed" any more. "He needs time out, while some would say that his time is up."

Akmal dropped four catches during Australia's second innings in the second Test at Sydney, including three off Mike Hussey, as Pakistan struggled to break the ninth-wicket partnership between Hussey and Peter Siddle. Hussey went on to score an unbeaten 134, and Australia set Pakistan a target of 176. The visitors were bowled out 36 runs short, handing Australia an unassailable 2-0 lead in three-match encounter.

Events on that final day, and Mohammad Yousuf's captaincy and defensive tactics, have drawn sharp criticism from Pakistani observers and Ramiz joined in. The tactics, he said, mirrored the quality of captaincy in domestic cricket. "He [Yousuf] entered a fresh day trying to execute a plan that had already been neutralised by the same pair a night before," Ramiz said. "It was a crazy piece of planning. Why would you want to put the shutters down so early on a brand new day when the second new ball is still in its infancy and just two wickets needed to take the team home.

"How could the think tank, boasting of bowlers with more than 500 Test wickets, allow the fresh cherry to rot? The pattern to sit in against a set batsman [Hussey] and give him an easy passage to the non-striker's zone, while trying to knock over the tail-ender [Siddle] is straight out of our first-class cricket. That the strategy got badly exposed at the top level only provides a stark reminder of how poor our first-class system is."

Other key lessons from the defeat, he said, included Faisal Iqbal's ill-suited role at No. 3 and the end of Misbah's dream run. He said the board needed to "change its avatar and win over a dejected nation."

"Also, pressure can impair our openers to think straight. The PCB needs to think straight now...it's time to revitalise a flagging club system, make selections transparent, especially at the grassroots level, assemble a lean and intense first-class format based on cities, install a cricket committee to look after cricket affairs and free itself of petty association politics."

Sarfraz call-up deserves extended run- Ramiz | Cricket News | Australia v Pakistan 2009/10 | Cricinfo.com

After the loss of Pakistan to Australia i was thinking only India and Pakistan has the ability to loose games from a winning situation :lol: ..And also i feel sorry for the Pakistan team ,such a bunch of talented players and not reaching anywhere? You guys have Superb seamers,quality batsmen and good spin department ..highly talented players than any country..In the paper strong than any country too but still fails to convert that to victory..May be in house fight is taking the toll..

so far my prediction is right that aus gonna win..no doubt aus ccould win third too.

Huge disappointment in 2nd test at SCG, a debacle dictated by our own poor performance and lack of knowledge of winning.

Guys , now i am 110 % sure pakistan team is not playing for Pakistan but money..first when people said they are .. i said no they can't be .. but after watching this test, Australia bought them Pakistani team for some $$$..... Pity on Pakistani team...I don't think Younis is a responcible captain..only thing he knows is to Resign :) this is not at all responsible !! is it ?:disagree:
Our bowling side is very good but the batting needs ALOT improvment .. The Australians made 100 + runs wen only 2 wickets were left , pakistan could not make 20 runs in the last 2 wickets , and they were litterly playing Street Cricket !! after watching match i was like :hitwall:
I pray out people start playing for :pakistan::pakistan:

:pdf: zindabad :):)

...I don't think Younis is a responcible captain..only thing he knows is to Resign this is not at all responsible !! is it

I agree it is not responsible behaviour but what else he could do specially when his own form was at bottom low.

On the contrar, I believe that Younus set an example by resigning and making room for someone else to captain and someone else to bat.

Younus Khan was targetted by Shoaib Malik, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal and Yousuf plus his own form gave up so he took a wise decission and moved out of their way. That moved paid off and at least in the Test team we will have a united team.

Confusion hovers over Kamran Akmal
Cricinfo staff

January 10, 2010

Text size: A | A
Kamran Akmal hasn't mad much reason to smile about recently, but is confident of playing in Hobart © Getty Images

Related Links
News : Sydney debacle a 'scary dream' - Kamran Akmal
News : Kamran Akmal needs a break - Intikhab Alam
News : Sarfraz call-up deserves extended run- Ramiz
News : Latif advised PCB to drop Kamran

Players/Officials: Kamran Akmal
Series/Tournaments: Pakistan tour of Australia
Teams: Pakistan

In the aftermath of Sydney, confusion. As Pakistan look ahead to the third Test in Hobart, contradictory noises are being made over the future of under-fire wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal.

After the loss at the SCG, in which Akmal dropped four catches, an incensed PCB sent Sarfraz Ahmed as a replacement from Pakistan, insisting in a strongly-worded statement that he "will participate" in the Hobart Test.

Akmal, however, has said that he is expecting to keep his place, as reports emerge that he has the backing of a number of players within the side, including possibly the captain, Mohammad Yousuf. "I was very successful with my batting and wicketkeeping on the New Zealand tour and before the New Zealand tour. So I was very happy,'' Akmal was quoted as saying in Hobart by AAP.

"But I think the third day of the Sydney Test match was not good for me - this happens. I'm very keen. My confidence is very high. Management is very confident for me and coaches, Intikhab Alam, Waqar Younis, Aqib Javed, and my team-mates also. I will play the third Test match and more matches for my country."

During and after the loss in Sydney Yousuf resisted talk of dropping Akmal, maintaining that a player of his record cannot so easily be dropped from the side. Akmal is vice-captain of the side and a popular member within the team. If there is even talk of retaining him - let alone if he is eventually retained - it seems to place the touring team management on a direct crash course with the board back home.

The situation between the two sides has anyway been poor on this tour; persistent calls by Yousuf for Younis Khan to be sent to strengthen the batting almost from the moment the tour started fell on deaf ears, the selection committee in Pakistan first delaying and finally turning down the request.

But at least two members of the on-tour selection committee say that Akmal will not play in Hobart. "They have sent Sarfraz all the way here for what if not to play?" one told Cricinfo. "Akmal will not play the third Test." As ever with Pakistan and its many power centres that is unlikely to be the last word on the matter.

Akmal's younger brother Umar, who has impressed and infuriated in equal doses so far on the tour, pulled up at training with a stiff back. Management remain confident that he will be fine for the Test, due to begin on January 14. Mohammad Aamer, who missed the second Test with a groin complaint, has also been training and is said to be progressing well, making it likelier still that Pakistan may finally be able to field their first-choice attack in Hobart at the third time of asking.

Back
Top Bottom