What's new

Pakistan in Australia 2009-2010

I swaer i will never watch any test cricket of pakistan from know very very heart breaking to seee from last 30 test there was no test in which pakistan fieldsers caught a siiters they keep droping it and from last 30 tests i seen batsmans not scored modest scores of 170 where we r going i know waqar is doing good job but the probleum is in batsman who keep failling and im sure in second innings of test pakistani batsman will not be able to passs 200 runs for sure and keep stoping players who r tested droped tested droped plz for GOD sake bring new fresh blodd khurram is not fresh tried and tested and faillled twice is our cricket is onlt faisal,misbah,khurram,imran farhat bring new not old tested. they will faill u again an again an again why waste an opportunity bring younis back in test as sooon as possible

Century for a catch. They put down ponting on 0. Ponting is not even in his best of forms. That missed catch just helped him to regain his form.

was such a simple catch such a pity. pakistani players should be appointed a catching coach who would make them learn how to catch a ball.

Catching is about practice and discipline...other than that you cannot do anything dramatic...there is no excuse for such a high rate of dropped chances by a national side...if someone is not fielding well consistently, then he should be dropped.

dropped for 2 years so he know what it takes to be in the team let him work harf till now he have not been given tough fight

Younis Khan returns to the Pakistan squad after a gap of more than three months © Associated Press

Related Links
News : Younis Khan returns for Australia ODIs
News : Pakistan send out SOS for Younis Khan
News : Younis unlikely for Australia Tests
News : No decision on Younis' replacement - Qasim
News : Younis could still return as captain - Ijaz Butt
News : Younis shouldn't have skipped NZ tour - Afridi
News : Younis quits, says he's lost command

Players/Officials: Younis Khan
Series/Tournaments: Pakistan tour of Australia
Teams: Pakistan

Younis Khan, the former Pakistan captain who took a break from international cricket in November while claiming he had "lost command" of the side, has been picked in a squad of 17 for the five-match ODI leg of the tour of Australia. However, Mohammad Yousuf will continue to lead the side with allrounder Shahid Afridi as his deputy.

Younis' resignation, following an ODI series defeat against New Zealand, came after months of reported unhappiness within the team over his leadership. He went underground immediately after, only to resurface suddenly while attending a PCB coaching course in Lahore and then turning out unimpressively on the domestic circuit. Subsequently there emerged a possibility that he may arrive in time for the ODI series.

Younis had been in contention for a place in the squad following Pakistan's disappointing batting display in the ongoing Test series, and Yousuf had requested him at the start of the tour to join the squad "as soon as possible".

Younis' form since his absence from the national team, though, has been poor. He managed just 11 runs in two innings for Habib Bank Limited in the Quaid-E-Azam Trophy final, and just 18 in his team's opening game of the Pentagular Cup in Karachi.

Kamran Akmal, after a torrid time behind the stumps in Sydney, has been retained and so has his replacement for the Hobart Test, Sarfraz Ahmed. Fast bowlers Rao Iftikhar and Naved-ul-Hasan, who didn't play the Tests, join the ODI squad. Batsman Khalid Latif, who has represented Pakistan in four ODIs, has also been called up.

Pakistan have also announced their squad for the sole Twenty20 international; Afridi will lead the side and the batting will be boosted by the inclusion of the attacking opener Imran Nazir.

ODI squad: Mohammad Yousuf (capt), Shahid Afridi (vice-capt), Umar Akmal, Imran Farhat, Fawad Alam, Kamran Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar, Shoaib Malik, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Aamer, Naved-ul-Hasan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Salman Butt, Younis Khan, Mohammad Asif.

Twenty20 squad: Shahid Afridi (capt), Umar Akmal, Imran Farhat, Fawad Alam, Kamran Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar, Shoaib Malik, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Aamer, Naved-ul-Hasan, Sarfraz Ahmed, Salman Butt, Rao Iftikhar, Imran Nazir, Mohammad Asif.

well good news only one probleum imran farhat is still in the team he should not be in in his place imran nazir should been picked brilliant fielder brilliant batter than farhat i dont know why they keep doing stupid mistakes this new assss hole selctor is nuts tooo plz bring wasim akram as chief of selctors not old cricketers

i should say that after this it seems yusuf is not a natural leader and a captain at all. he is not aggresive in his manners, in cool times, he either takes the game very lightly or takes unnecessary pressure and that makes him a very defencive skipper.

yusuf should not be a captain after this series.

after it was 78/3, yusuf should have planned an attacking strategy, it worked for some time but as ponting started hitting few fours, the bowlers stopped all their efforts to attack the batsmen and aussies took this advantage. now its 300+/3 which is hiilarious.

I swaer i will never watch any test cricket of pakistan from know very very heart breaking to seee

I usually order through my cable company but when Younus didn't go as captain I decided not waste money and time. My resolution is to pay when Younus is back as captain.

yess i agree with you he should be in team weather as captain or not as captain his technique is sound than misbah and faisal and shoaib malik

Pakistan's fielding is atrocious. The spectator crowd looks more awake than the Pakistani fielders.

Pakistan cannot rely on batsmen alone. Poor fielding demoralizes our bowlers, and emboldens the other teams' batsmen.

hahahahah again failed im happy that khurram manzoor crap is failed again an again an again but PCB seems to be nuts and they will be nuts like this and i dont see for this decade pakistan cricket team can win test against australia in any where and aginst south africans pakistani test team is like a child team who wastes their catches and cant bat and worst are those who keep picking the failures players

Salman Butt needs to get his run calling straight.

Kamran Akmal needs to get his glove skills straight.

The whole team needs to hold on to every catch.

Change the captain.

Bring new middle order talent.

Get a new coach, in addition to skilled coaches for positions.

Babar Azam.. just remember that name. Peacce.

You are not doing very well are you.:no:

Perhaps you had all better write to the PCB and explain your feelings..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom