What's new

Pakistan has successfully tested RAAD cruise missile

Which only means one thing. The test spectacularly failed. Taking a cue of Pakistan never announced failed tests ever.
Sometimes failed tests are also marked are successful :p

Pakistan has successfully tested RAAD cruise missile today according to ISPR.

images

l_100433_035551_updates.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Tuesday conducted a successful Flight Test of the indigenously developed Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) “Ra’ad”.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing of the Pakistan Army handout, the Ra’ad ALCM, with a range of 350 kilometers enables Pakistan to achieve air delivered strategic standoff capability on land and at sea.

The state of the art Ra’ad ALCM is equipped with highly advanced guidance and navigation system that ensures engagement of targets with pin point accuracy.

The terrain hugging low level flight maneuvers enable it to avoid detection and engagement by contemporary air defence systems President and the Prime Minister of Pakistan have congratulated the Scientists and Engineers for their outstanding achievement on the conduct of a successful flight test of “Ra’ad”.

Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General MazharJamil, congratulated the Scientists and Engineers on achieving yet another milestone of historic significance. He termed it a major step towards complementing Pakistan’s deterrence capability. Achievement of this milestone will surely enhance strategic stability and contribute to peace in the region.

He appreciated the technical prowess, dedication and commitment of the Scientists and Engineers who contributed significantly to make the launch of the indigenously, developed Ra’ad Missile a success.

He expressed full confidence over the training standards and operational preparedness of strategic forces.

- See more at: Pakistan tests ALCM cruise missile ‘Ra’ad’ | Pakistan - Geo.tv
It sends a shiver through the spinal chord imagining that Pak has acquired such a sophisticated deterrance capability to change the very nature of the game to undermine the ultimate extension of "the revenge for the thousand years". In my humble opinion, I attribute this not to the folks moving around, but to those "zat"s behind the veil for their spiritual shields that are too strong to penetrate.

Only when Turkish generals have abandoned their "secular" coup-mongering attitude, they are getting near to technologies Pak already have. What Pak thinks today the rest of the Muslim world thinks tomorrow...

Two things:
1) The serial number is just one more from the last test. Is this not an inducted system? If it is it makes no sense to test from the same batch (ie the next missile in line) after so long. Perhaps the video released is not of the latest test but some previous unannounced test. ISPR is now known to have done that for the Shaheen 3 Test.

2) From the grainy video, the last guy, on the right. His squadron patch is different from the rest of the guys. I think its reddish like the griffins patch. It would make sense not to show the launch aircraft if it was an F-16. I have a very strong feeling we used an F-16 instead of the JF-17. Also the guys shown before might be a chase crew. They are squadron leader ranks. I don't know what most patches look like but its a black falcon looking patch on them. Anyone can help identify?

It sends a shiver through the spinal chord imagining that Pak has acquired such a sophisticated deterrance capability to change the very nature of the game to undermine the ultimate extension of "the revenge for the thousand years". In my humble opinion, I attribute this not to the folks moving around, but to those "zat"s behind the veil for their spiritual shields that are too strong to penetrate.

Only when Turkish generals have abandoned their "secular" coup-mongering attitude, they are getting near to technologies Pak already have. What Pak thinks today the rest of the Muslim world thinks tomorrow...

No doubt that such capabilities truly dent the desire and ability of our enemies to plot and strike. Let us not kid ourselves.

Still range is same in case of Raad, They might develop new version with extended speed and range.

No such news from which platform it was fired.

1) Dos it matter if its got a Chinese or Turkish or an American TERCOM or Gyro or INS???? You think if its made in China or Malaysia or France, it'll forgive the target and will decide not to destroy the lock because you think so??

2) How did the Pakistani cruise missile journey started? It started from Tomahawks!!!! The ones which failed to hit the targets in Afghanistan and somehow made it to Pakistan. Some of which were never returned.

4) After the OBL raid, the damaged helicopter was destroyed into pieces. I am sure there was a very valid reason as they didn't want to leave such a sensitive system behind even in a damaged shape. Lessons learned from the Tomahawk situation I'd imagine.

tail n some major debris were scattered around the place n was transported by PA, i am sure our engineers got enough material n chances to get to know stealth material n tech used in that chopper !!

tail n some major debris were scattered around the place n was transported by PA, i am sure our engineers got enough material n chances to get to know stealth material n tech used in that chopper !!

Outside of seeing and guessing how the material (external RAM quoting) was done, you didn't have access to anything else. The Chinese were already working on RAM quoting (stolen designs from the US) and so were the Russians. So that was nothing "new" really.
Our SF boys destroyed the rest down to pieces before leaving, and they also took the sensitive material with them :usflag:

Outside of seeing and guessing how the material (external RAM quoting) was done, you didn't have access to anything else. The Chinese were already working on RAM quoting (stolen designs from the US) and so were the Russians. So that was nothing "new" really.
Our SF boys destroyed the rest down to pieces before leaving, and they also took the sensitive material with them :usflag:
Best of luck n let keep our fingers crossed for new tech news coming from pak, tough what i know is metallurgy research area was developed by PAF some where, some how but it wasn't as efficient as it shd hv been,

@Zarvan i have seen this missile in IDEAS 2009.. so don't think they tested it recently. all the tests and capabilities remain secret until it's right time of disclosure.

@Viper0011. cant say if #Pakistan cant get that tech. now, but might be they got it already or will get that stealth tech in future.. no one knows..
As far as the RAM, please let me know if the US's nuclear technology was indigenous or stolen... waiting for your response???
o_O:wacko::drag::coffee::shout:

How about hitting some terrorist camps in A-Stan with these, dont even have to cross the border.

Back
Top Bottom