What's new

Pakistan has successfully tested RAAD cruise missile

Denel dynamics was using imported seeker in terminal phase. So Pak decided to use Babur components such as TERCOM: Terrain contour mapping & Digital Scene Matching Area Correlation (DSMAC) was procured from China.

Chinese DH-10A was derived from Ukrainian Kh-55. Pak still dependent on china for most hardware minus fuselage

Please apprise us:
What components of babur and ra'ad are made in Pakistan?
denel help pakistan with the h2 and the h4.
look at the specs of the mupsow and the raad. theres no comparision.
i think denel helped with its design though. as its specs is just below the missile export rules.

What part of this CM is pakistani??
0. Design
1. Engine
2. Actuator
3. Flight control/Navigation guidance
4. Inertial navigation system
5. Seeker
6. Mainframe/Fuselage

1 to 5 are still imported----0 was done by south africa--Pak simply makes 6

The Mupsow is a South African development on which Kentron has been working under contract from the Air Force since 1991, with unpowered flight tests commencing in 1997. The MUPSOW is thought to be an extension of the H2 stand-off weapon program. It is not known if Mupsow has entered SAAF service.

Pakistan uses a variant of the MUPSOW ALCM called the Ra'ad.

The PAF by April 1999 had commenced contractual negotiations with Denel Dynamics. Aerospace of South Africa for co-development of a family of ALCMs under Project H-4. The first ALCM to be developed under Project H-4 was a 120 km-range surgical missile armed with high-explosive runway-cratering bomblets, as well as a passive radiation seeker for targeting hostile ground-based air defence radars. This is a derivative of the MUPSOW ALCM that has been under development by Kentron since the early 1990s and incorporates twin side-mounted air intakes and fixed horizontal and vertical tailfins. Following two successful qualification flights of the MUPSOW, Pakistan and Kentron (Denel) began work on developing the ‘Raad’ by carrying out minor modifications to the MUPSOW’s airframe, which included a stretched fuselage, a fixed ventral air intake and twin vertical tailfins, and incorporation of twin swivelling horizontal fins.

So according to you Pakistan took a 150km max range ALCM, weighing in at 400kg, powered by a turbojet, sporting fixed wings with side inlets, fiddled with it just a little bit, only "carrying out minor modifications", and gave us a 350km max range ALCM, weighing in at 1,100kg, with a 450kg warhead capacity (which is greater than the total weight of the MUPSOW), powered by a turbofan, sporting swivel wings with a ventral inlet and a completely different guidance system. And then the same South African firm went on to develop its own ALCM from the MUPSOW and could only come up with a 300km range missile that we know as the TORGOS. Which looks so very much like the Ra'ad......doesn't it?

TORGOS.jpg

My, my.......we Pakistanis are some magicians, aren't we? Now, if you ever doubt or refute the shear 'out of this world' abilities of Pakistan again, I will make you eat your post for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Got any proof of all the crap you have just written ? Because This CM is using TERCOM+INS+DSMAC + Mid course Data link which just nullifies the entire crap you have just written.

If Pakistan had cooperated with southafrica, this missile would have come before the Babur LACM. But 2 years after Babur development, this missile came. Which once again nullifies all your crap once again

I couldn't help but laugh when I read his claim that "the minor modifications" included the Mupsow being stretched to make the Ra'ad, which, you see, would be a total length of -0.07m; the Ra'ad is 4.85m long while the Mupsow is 4.92m long. This guy is just out trying to score some browny points. His post was a copy paste from the wiki article on the Mupsow which sources these claims to the below Indian blog :lol:

TRISHUL: Babur LACM & Ra’ad ALCM Detailed

Last edited:
So according to you Pakistan took a 150km max range ALCM, weighing in at 400kg, powered by a turbojet, sporting fixed wings with side inlets, fiddled with it just a little bit, only "carrying out minor modifications", and gave us a 350km max range ALCM, weighing in at 1,100kg, with a 450kg warhead capacity (which is greater than the total weight of the MUPSOW), powered by a turbofan, sporting swivel wings with a ventral inlet and a completely different guidance system. And then the same South African firm went on to develop its own ALCM from the MUPSOW and could only come up with a 300km range missile that we know as the TORGOS. Which looks so very much like the Ra'ad......doesn't it?

TORGOS.jpg

My, my.......we Pakistanis are some magicians, aren't we? Now, if you ever doubt or refute the shear 'out of this world' abilities of Pakistan again, I will make you eat your post for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read his claim that "the minor modifications" included the Mupsow being stretched to make the Ra'ad, which you see would be a total length of -0.07m; the Ra'ad is 4.85m long while the Mupsow is 4.92m long. This guy is just out trying to score some browny points. His post was a copy paste from the wiki article on Ra'ad which sources these claims to the below Indian blog :lol:

no point shooting a duck thats already dead. he was banned about 20 mins ago. the guy did not last a day

no point shooting a duck thats already dead. he was banned about 20 mins ago. the guy did not last a day
Ah.....my bad. I opened his post for a reply a couple of hours ago and left it waiting while I worked on something else. Didn't know he got pinked during that time.

the trishul site you linked was somthing i read before and its utter crap "china told pakistan to source its own raw materials" somtimes i wonder if the guy is writing a novel to make him self feel good.

TORGOS.jpg

I couldn't help but laugh when I read his claim that "the minor modifications" included the Mupsow being stretched to make the Ra'ad, which you see would be a total length of -0.07m; the Ra'ad is 4.85m long while the Mupsow is 4.92m long. This guy is just out trying to score some browny points. His post was a copy paste from the wiki article on the Mupsow which sources these claims to the below Indian blog :lol:

It's interesting, Indians were also claiming Turkey's cruise missile was based off TORGOS. Well, I suppose they look similar because of the IIR window. But then one would have to claim SLAM-ER was based off TORGOS aswell :D

Anyway, congrats on Pakistan achieving successful missile test.

:woot::woot::woot:A.Q khan naswar for indian army general he love more to put it during some security laps while wine taking and punishment by terrorests...

I actually wish Pakistan picks up the Denel Dynamics Torgos design, could serve as a lightweight and lower-range compliment to the Ra'ad. That or use what AWC and NESCOM have and develop such a design, keep it below 300km and market it with JF-17. Imagine seeing the Block-III's load-out at Paris or Dubai with SD-10, A-Darter, GIDS Takbir PGB kit, an MTCR-compliant ALCM (dual-role as AShM), LT-2 LGB, etc.

Last edited:
I actually wish Pakistan picks up the Denel Dynamics Torgos design, could serve as a lightweight and lower-range compliment to the Ra'ad. That or use what AWC and NESCOM have and develop such a design, keep it below 300km and market it with JF-17. Imagine seeing the Block-III's load-out at Paris or Dubai with SD-10, A-Darter, GIDS Takbir PGB kit, an MTCR-compliant ALCM (dual-role as AShM), LT-2 LGB, etc.
the raad is already mtcr complaint, it's at 350km and the warhead is at 450 kg, and the limit is at 370km range and a 500kg warhead limit.

the raad is already mtcr complaint, it's at 350km and the warhead is at 450 kg, and the limit is at 370km range and a 500kg warhead limit.
Wasn't the range limited to 300km?

Ok this is a great achievement. Thank you to all the scientists and engineers. Definitely, nation is proud of it.

PS: I wish it is green. :pakistan:

If anyone is curious about the name, because I was. Here is the meaning of RA'AD.

Its the 13th Surah of Quran and it is named after the sword of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom