What's new

Pakistan has successfully tested RAAD cruise missile

Pakistan has successfully tested RAAD cruise missile today according to ISPR.

images

l_100433_035551_updates.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Tuesday conducted a successful Flight Test of the indigenously developed Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) “Ra’ad”.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing of the Pakistan Army handout, the Ra’ad ALCM, with a range of 350 kilometers enables Pakistan to achieve air delivered strategic standoff capability on land and at sea.

The state of the art Ra’ad ALCM is equipped with highly advanced guidance and navigation system that ensures engagement of targets with pin point accuracy.

The terrain hugging low level flight maneuvers enable it to avoid detection and engagement by contemporary air defence systems President and the Prime Minister of Pakistan have congratulated the Scientists and Engineers for their outstanding achievement on the conduct of a successful flight test of “Ra’ad”.

Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lieutenant General MazharJamil, congratulated the Scientists and Engineers on achieving yet another milestone of historic significance. He termed it a major step towards complementing Pakistan’s deterrence capability. Achievement of this milestone will surely enhance strategic stability and contribute to peace in the region.

He appreciated the technical prowess, dedication and commitment of the Scientists and Engineers who contributed significantly to make the launch of the indigenously, developed Ra’ad Missile a success.

He expressed full confidence over the training standards and operational preparedness of strategic forces./QUOTE]

Nice one, it is important for India that Pakistan builds up it's technology and conventional forces.

@Zarvan i have seen this missile in IDEAS 2009.. so don't think they tested it recently. all the tests and capabilities remain secret until it's right time of disclosure.

@Viper0011. cant say if #Pakistan cant get that tech. now, but might be they got it already or will get that stealth tech in future.. no one knows..
As far as the RAM, please let me know if the US's nuclear technology was indigenous or stolen... waiting for your response???
o_O:wacko::drag::coffee::shout:

US nuclear tech is neither indigenous nor stolen, as the scientists were led by Germans scientists who got asylum in US.

US nuclear tech is neither indigenous nor stolen, as the scientists were led by Germans scientists who got asylum in US.
So that means,, their Nuclear capability also by the mean of German Scientist support...
As we know, this technology was developed indigenous by Russians.. then it travelled in different ways to whole worlds since it's last inception for Hydrogen Bomb in North Korea...

So that means,, their Nuclear capability also by the mean of German Scientist support...
As we know, this technology was developed indigenous by Russians.. then it travelled in different ways to whole worlds since it's last inception for Hydrogen Bomb in North Korea...
Not necessarily. No one 'developed' nuclear theory, its a fact. The idea that this could be usded to make bomb was discovered. It doesn't mean that technology was passed on to other nations.

@Viper0011. cant say if #Pakistan cant get that tech. now, but might be they got it already or will get that stealth tech in future.. no one knows..
As far as the RAM, please let me know if the US's nuclear technology was indigenous or stolen... waiting for your response???
o_O:wacko::drag::coffee::shout:[/QUOTE]

You can speculate and gossip. I am telling you what the senior ranks of military know. And that's the most authentic form of the truth. The fanboys and small officers can gossip. Unless someone on here tells me he is one of the Corps Commanders, I won't believe one sentence otherwise :enjoy:

Second, if you read my first post, I didn't say that Pakistan stole the tech or anything. I said it was smart of the Pakistanis to open up a Tomahawk and then somehow design their CM's off of it. On the China, if the Chinese had brought in scientists from the UK, the US or whoever, and gave them good amount of money and a better life in China (treated them like their Chinese citizens), then its a fair game. Those immigrant scientists can build whatever they want to. This is how it happened in America - Germany situation. And happens else where too, in countries like Canada, the UK, etc.

The US acquires talent from across the globe, we needed to get on top of the new technology curve, we employed millions of Indian and Chinese through H1B Visa system. We MADE SURE, their compensation, their children and families are well taken care of. Today, the same Indians who came in 20-25 years ago, their next generation are ALL American citizens, and highly educated working in the Media, Doctors, Scientists, Entrepreneur's, politicians (Senators and Governors) etc, etc.

But logging on to websites, stealing people's credentials for work and them committing fraud to stealing data from servers is no different than stealing money from a bank. I think this is highly unethical, cheap and illegal way of doing things. If everyone in the below article thought your logic made sense, they wouldn't be sending a couple of Chinese caught in espionage and stealing of the US defense secrets extradited to the US!! Its pretty clear the Chinese don't want to pay for the R&D, they don't want to bring in talent and respect them and pay them for their work. They just want cheap way out, by stealing someone else's work. If you even write a PhD thesis and the Professor verifies that the plagiarism has taken place, they can cancel your PhD!!!!

And here, we are talking about work of thousands of PhD's and other scientists and totally proprietary IP!! I think this explanation is too much over your head as Pakistan has a similar culture, no respect for someone's personal IP. So don't involve me in a stupid, childish "talk back" point of view. What I've explained here, is global legal system for IP and Copy right protection.

If the Chinese wanted these things legally, they would've offered Scientists jobs and paid billions for their patent and set it up legally. Stealing is hardly legal. The US has a HUGE German descent population and those scientists who immigrated to the US, made hundreds of millions and a MUCH safer lifestyle (and til date, their generations are reaping the benefits).

Read below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/12/b...d-in-plot-to-steal-us-military-data.html?_r=0

Chinese man extradited to US on nuclear smuggling charges

Please try to share detail soon I think this test was done to check Anti Ship capability
I was able to get a hold of my contact finally. The test wasn't done for anti-ship capability but to check out an improved navigation system.

In terms of the delivery system for this missile, launching of RAAD while utilizing the different platforms that PAF has is, to quote, "not a problem" ;).

I'm not privy to share anything else so please don't ask.

@Zarvan @Horus @Side-Winder

SIr can we make Air Launched version of Hatf VII Babur just like AGM-109H/L tomhawk ????

Ra'ad ALCM was tested for the first time on 25 August 2007 and 8 May 2008 was the second time, third was on 29 April 2011, Fourth was on 30 May 2012. Fifth was on 2 Feb 2015 and now its for the sixth known/declared test/launch of nuclear capable up-to 35-kt yield Ra'ad ALCM by Pakistan.

I hope, some can get my point.....

Not yet... our engineers had helped you out extend mupsow to become Raad. At this stage, my former colleagues noted there is nothing on the drawing board. Range is still 350km/500kg.

Not yet... our engineers had helped you out extend mupsow to become Raad. At this stage, my former colleagues noted there is nothing on the drawing board. Range is still 350km/500kg.
how can the raad turn to come from the mupsow? theres no visual similarities and its slightly bigger yet 100km more range.
also no one speaks the truth in regards with millitary projects.

how can the raad turn to come from the mupsow? theres no visual similarities and its slightly bigger yet 100km more range.
also no one speaks the truth in regards with millitary projects.
Raad was the evolution from H-4 project.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom