What's new

Pakistan has successfully tested RAAD cruise missile

What does Ra'ad mean?

Another punch to India's already dead Cold Start Doctrine. Now time for India to invest in new RnD team after the old one retires, probably Samsung can help them.

i think i shud tell some details at what u just said.. yes its a dangerous missile but dunt forget india has air launched bhramose in few months, kh 51, and long range fighters
air launched nirbhay is under development so relax and sit tight ;)

How do you extend the range of a 100 mile stand off missile into an air launch terrain hugging cruise missile with 1100 kg payload and over 350 km range?

The mupsow/raptor was developed into H series with 140-50 km range ..

They don't even share similiar appearance much less specifications like range,payload,flight guidance etc.

As for indigenous .. No sir.. Not really.. We unlike our neighbours don't peddle BS stories about indigenousation etc.. Unless they are indigenous..

To some extent RAAD shares similarities with its long/er ranged (air/sub launched) cousin Babur .. Which of rumours are to be believed was created with help of failed Tomahawks that crashed in Pak territory in the 90s..when US launched em against AQ in Afghanistan ..

Your friends were most probably referring to H series SOWs (Stand Off Weapons) which are speculated to be based on SA Raptor/Mupsow..
friend, H-4 airframe was lengthened and ventral stakes added.
Your consulate has a huge defence attaches in Pretoria - i dont think they will be here in significant numbers unnecessarily.

Where is proof of it?
I mean No RAAD test with jf17 yet................ why?
simple, they need our expertise to re-design the airframe.:toast_sign:

South Africans helped us alot in H2/4 programs and then in the Raad project also and i believe to this day they are helping us in improving and we are very much thankful to that and should be. As they helped us in very critical projects and a time when we needed them. They even provided us with the R-Darter and in that some ToT also took place. And we hope to see the A-Darter in action on the JF-17.

And @denel the reason of not yet integrating Raad with JF-17 is not that we are capable enough, we have full tech of the Raad and your countrymen are still here to help us out in that, rather the issue i believe is more to do with some physical issues, meaning the size of the missile / ground clearance related issues which are being worked out.

South Africans helped us with IFR systems for Mirage and even for JF-17 project.

And you guys might be surprised that one time there was a very strong rumor that the new armed drone being made by Pakistan might be based on South African design with their assistance. The below drone was a very strong contender, but i think it was replaced with the ready to induct CH-3 instead to shorten the time period for induction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denel_Dynamics_Bateleur

I hope to see more cooperation in defence especially with South Africans as the systems they produce are top notch. And once again we are thankful to them for their help.
Dont forget communication systems which we are leaders in that are in your helos and mirage and very likely in jf-17.

@MastanKhan Lo gi aap ko chup karne ke liyes hum ne ajj cruise missile he fire kar diya

Hi,

That is great news---but why would you want me to keep silent---!

It is a natural progression of a newly inducted fighter aircraft---if the missile has been launched from the JF17---.

Last edited:
Your consulate has a huge defence attaches in Pretoria - i dont think they will be here in significant numbers unnecessarily.

Dont forget communication systems which we are leaders in that are in your helos and mirage and very likely in jf-17.

The communications system is european origin for both JF-17 & Mirage.

Last edited:

Developing a stealthy ALCM isn't as simple as lengthening a mid ranged stand off missile and extending its range...
And I think TaimiKhan has explained that part.

As for H-4 .. It was based on Raptor but RA'AD isn't an extended H-4 not based on it.

Yes, some Chinese unconfirmed reports claimed that it was test fired from JF 17.
That is new development.

Yes, some Chinese unconfirmed reports claimed that it was test fired from JF 17.
That is new development.

If its true that it'd be a BIG thing!

Our Air Force's Strategic Command will take new heights after integration of Ra'ads on JF-17 Thunders

Only the French Systems, we got the Italians to install theirs instead.
But I thought India had torpedoed the european systems for JF 17?

There is nothing Italian so far, as per my knowledge, but another european country involved. If Spain comes into Europe, then 2 european countries systems installed on JF-17.

One communication & One defensive suite.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom