What's new

Pakistan gives cold response to SAARC satellite project

Interesting given the fact Pakistan significantly funded sub-body responsible for this.

Source of fund

The budget of SMRC has three components:

a) Capital Cost Budget : 100% borne by the host country.
b) Institutional Cost : This cost is borne by the SAARC Member countries in the following ratio:

Sl. # Country Share of Contribution
1. Afghanistan 3.00%
2. Bangladesh 46.43%
3. Bhutan 3.00%
4. India 18.19%
5. Maldives 3.00%
6. Nepal 6.43%
7. Pakistan 13.52%
8. Sri Lanka 6.43%
Total 100%

c) Programme Cost Budget : The Programme cost is shared by the SAARC Member countries as per following ratio:

Sl.# Country Share of Contribution
1. Afghanistan 5.00%
2. Bangladesh 10.72%
3. Bhutan 5.00%
4. India 30.32%
5. Maldives 5.00%
6. Nepal 10.72%
7. Pakistan 22.52%
8. Sri Lanka 10.72%
Total 100%

SMRC | SAARC Meteorological Research Center

Ultimately its Pakistani monetary loss

SAARC is irrelevant, should be wound down, all regional cooperation should be under BBINS.

That is expected..It makes sense..if they need they can get from China or even US too..Why even India expects that Pakistan will agree...

Rather than that India should target any country who is intrested to buy and provide free one to other SAARC nations..

Pak gives cold response to SAARC satellite project
New Delhi, Jun 7, 2015 (PTI)
482070_thump.jpg

Pakistan's 'cold response' to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ambitious SAARC satellite project has prompted India to go ahead with consultations with other member states of the regional grouping without Islamabad's participation.

"All SAARC countries have responded positively to the proposal, but Pakistan. Everyone else has responded. It (Pakistan) said that their internal consultation process was still on," said a senior government official, noting that the government will go ahead with consultation process with other member countries.

"A meeting with the member countries will be held later this month," ISRO chairman A S Kirankumar told PTI.

After the successful launch of PSLV C-23, along with foreign satellites from Sriharikota last year, Modi had called for a greater cohesion between the SAARC nations and having a satellite for the region.

It was also seen as a move to counter China in South Asia, as its space agency has been involved in launching satellites of several other countries. Following Modi's call, formal proposals were sent to all countries involved.

After initial responses have been received, ISRO and representatives from SAARC countries will sit together later this month to discuss the nitty-gritty of the project, sources said.

ISRO officials said the endeavour would be to have a communication satellite which the member countries can use for different purposes like disaster management, tele-medicine and education.

"May be we can offer them one transponder. But this is still very much in its preliminary stage and after the consultation process things will be more clearer," said an official.

Incidentally, some SAARC countries already have communication satellites in place. For instance, Pakistan has a communication satellite PAKSAT-1R, which was launched 2011 with the help of China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC). More importantly, its space agency Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission has already been working with Chinese National Space Administration (CNSA).

Unlike other South Asian countries, it also has a reasonably fair infrastructure and manpower in the field of space sector.

Sri Lanka too has launched a communications satellite with the help of China, while Afghanistan has leased a communication satellite.

Infact Suparco is planning to launch a Satellite that will Carry a Bucket of cold water and pour it on Saarc(sans Pak) Satellite. India has started working on tactical missile kabr to tackle this cold Bucket doctrine.

he he he he good one :devil:

thing is pakistan is like a sulking kid which wants to play with naighbours toys but cant as his ego & guilt dont permit him to go back and make up with naighbour's kid who often in past thrashed him black and blue for his extra offensive & mechivious acts in the past :omghaha:

The reality :

Pakistan isn't the tiny kid on the block but the guy who just doesn't give a fuk unlike little nepal or bangladesh Etc who hav no say.

india is the tall skinny kid with bruised ego and a history of submission by Pakistans folks.

Pakistan is the tough kid whose sick for some time but still has enough muscle to keep india on an arms length.

india thinks it can bully and play big brother but that's only true in case o little kids in its South.. In the north it can't do shit..

India loves to brag (often exaggerations)... but tries to hides and forget thrashings it received in the past and lie and boasts.

In the end:

india holds a rifle and so does Pak.

On topic ... india tries to up its influence but that won't work in Pak.. Pak gains more with seeking help with China and reviving its sick economy and its own institutions... Whih hopefully are on the right track.

And hopefully we will see PRSS-1 soon:

Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSS-1)

SUPARCO unlike ISRO is under paid with a chronic shortage of funds. It's like an orphan.. It was the best in the region in the 60s-70s but today it's ailing and needs new blood aswell as funds!

Nobody is asking you to be subservient to India. It is you Pakistanis, who due to inferiority complex, always look anything from India as if it a hegemonic design.

If Pakistan doesn't leave SAARC on its own, it need to told to leave SAARC.

Go ahead .. Try making Pak (founding member of SAARC) leave ... That would be interesting to say the least.

The thing with Indian people is that, if Pakistani call you Sir or Madam with respect you people think that Pakistanis have inferiority complex but this thing is in our culture and religion and is called respect. Which is thought by our parents and our religion

But the problem here is that Indian media has put so much garbage and pumped you indians so much with garbage like Akhand bharat and Superpower thing that you guys think that we are submissive to you . I find no reason to feel inferiority to you. There must be some reason to feel that. And even this PDF proves that

Whatever Mr.Goo

In my previous job, I used to arrange finance and advice companies on mergers and other restructuring. My job took me to lot of places across the world and made me meet CEO's and top management of large companies, investors and some of the richest people on earth. This taught me to smell lack of confidence, clumsiness, lack of expertise in dealing with people from a mile as it help in designing good deals for the client. I swear what I am saying is true. Or this could be peculiar to Pakistanis residing in US and UK.

Go ahead .. Try making Pak (founding member of SAARC) leave ... That would be interesting to say the least.

What is the use of being in SAARC and becoming a hindrance to regional integration. In a way Pakistan has been excluded from SAARC

Bypassing Pakistan through BBIN | Arab News

No...I have met many Pakistanis in US and UK where I spent significant amount of my life. Majority of Pakistanis have showed Inferiority complex when I meet them. I went out of my way to befriend them but to no avail.
So you went out I you way to befriend them and they showed inferiority complex by doing the opposite ?:lol:

What inferiority complex is that man ?

In my previous job, I used to arrange finance and advice companies on mergers and other restructuring. My job took me to lot of places across the world and made me meet CEO's and top management of large companies, investors and some of the richest people on earth. This taught me to smell lack of confidence, clumsiness, lack of expertise in dealing with people from a mile as it help in designing good deals for the client. I swear what I am saying is true. Or this could be peculiar to Pakistanis residing in US and UK.

What is the use of being in SAARC and becoming a hindrance to regional integration. In a way Pakistan has been excluded from SAARC

Bypassing Pakistan through BBIN | Arab News

I didn't read it completely but here is what it says:

SAARC is useless and has done nothin in 30 years.

India can't prevent membership of China into SAARC

Bangladesh,SL etc also supporting China.

India is trying to influence small states like bangladesh,Nepal etc.. For Land routes,trade etc. In which Pak isn't interested.

Pak-india animosity is bad.

Lol

Interesting given the fact Pakistan significantly funded sub-body responsible for this.

Source of fund

The budget of SMRC has three components:

a) Capital Cost Budget : 100% borne by the host country.
b) Institutional Cost : This cost is borne by the SAARC Member countries in the following ratio:

Sl. # Country Share of Contribution
1. Afghanistan 3.00%
2. Bangladesh 46.43%
3. Bhutan 3.00%
4. India 18.19%
5. Maldives 3.00%
6. Nepal 6.43%
7. Pakistan 13.52%
8. Sri Lanka 6.43%
Total 100%

c) Programme Cost Budget : The Programme cost is shared by the SAARC Member countries as per following ratio:

Sl.# Country Share of Contribution
1. Afghanistan 5.00%
2. Bangladesh 10.72%
3. Bhutan 5.00%
4. India 30.32%
5. Maldives 5.00%
6. Nepal 10.72%
7. Pakistan 22.52%
8. Sri Lanka 10.72%
Total 100%

SMRC | SAARC Meteorological Research Center

Ultimately its Pakistani monetary loss

Who knows !

So you went out I you way to befriend them and they showed inferiority complex by doing the opposite ?:lol:

What inferiority complex is that man ?

I didn't read it completely but here is what it says:

SAARC is useless and has done nothin in 30 years.

India can't prevent membership of China into SAARC

Bangladesh,SL etc also supporting China.

India is trying to influence small states like bangladesh,Nepal etc.. For Land routes,trade etc. In which Pak isn't interested.

Pak-india animosity is bad.

Lol

Who knows !

I was always curious about Pakistanis, because that is a forbidden country for Indians. Never met any Pakistani in India, so while in west, if I come to know that the other person is a Pakistani, I would try to talk to them...off course in Hindi/Urdu . I don't see any wrong in that nor any inferiority complex.

Even my point is SAARC is useless too, hence the BBIN. BBIN can be extended to Mynamar, Thailand, and Combodia.

I was always curious about Pakistanis, because that is a forbidden country for Indians. Never met any Pakistani in India, so while in west, if I come to know that the other person is a Pakistani, I would try to talk to them...off course in Hindi/Urdu . I don't see any wrong in that nor any inferiority complex.

So how was that "inferiority complex" .. Coz we all know that Pak actually look down upon you (good or bad thing - don't care)... They joke about you (yeah racist shit).. Racial stereotyping etc .
Even my point is SAARC is useless too, hence the BBIN. BBIN can be extended to Mynamar, Thailand, and Combodia.

Quiet an imagination .. BBIN is nothing but india and Bangladesh trade route.

So how was that "inferiority complex" .. Coz we all know that Pak actually look down upon you (good or bad thing - don't care)... They joke about you (yeah racist shit).. Racial stereotyping etc .

Quiet an imagination .. BBIN is nothing but india and Bangladesh trade route.

No..no Pakistani can look down at me. I can guarantee you on that. (This is a misconception you guys have courtesy your media and your politician)

On BBIN, you should better read on the subject and Modi's vision on that. You may not agree but India is the second largest country in the World and third largest economy in Asia. So it has its own weight and any economic regional integration initiated by India will be have impact.

Already US has welcomed India's move on BBIN.

Who cares? Let them rely on whatever they want we will increase our influence with BBIN and BBINS or BBINAS as a south Asian group

No..no Pakistani can look down at me. I can guarantee you on that. (This is a misconception you guys have courtesy your media and your politician)

Lol okay.. Still just coz they weren't all chummy with you ... Does that mean they had inferiority complex lol..

I've read about jews of Pak heritage disliking indian jews (despite having indian Jewish wife).. So I ain't surprised lol.. (Yahoudi masjid - Dawn news - Story by Akhtar Baloch).

On BBIN, you should better read on the subject and Modi's vision on that. You may not agree but India is the second largest country in the World and third largest economy in Asia. So it has its own weight and any economic regional integration initiated by India will be have impact.

Already US has welcomed India's move on BBIN.

Google indian offer to Pak on a similiar corridor... You will find that interesting lol.

Back
Top Bottom