What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

Don't be too quick to utter those words when this junk might join PA soon.

We have seen similar scenario with VT-4 , J-10C before and it gonna be Z-10.

Once this join PA, those who utter those words before will then soon make 180degrees turn and claim it's the best gunship.

The thing is, Pakistan is being forced to buy platforms from China, not because it wants them.

Pakistan has firmly decided not to join the American alliance in order to "contain China" and as a result the US is retaliating by denying military technology to Pakistan. Therefore, I believe it's now China's duty to ensure it provides all the high-tech military technology Pakistan seeks, not knocked-down versions, so it can withstand foreign threats and pressures facing the country.

The thing is, Pakistan is being forced to buy platforms from China, not because it wants them.

Pakistan has firmly decided not to join the American alliance in order to "contain China" and as a result the US is retaliating by denying military technology to Pakistan. Therefore, I believe it's now China's duty to ensure it provides all the high-tech military technology Pakistan seeks, not knocked-down versions, so it can withstand foreign threats and pressures facing the country.
It's not only about not contain China but US tyranny that forces every countries to obey US order. Do turkey looks like pro China and yet it still got sanction by US for S-400. Pakistan not getting US weapon is also about defending its own pride and national sovereignity.

Its American call to decide who is their ally, while China and Pakistan is natural ally in term of geo political relation. Pakistan doesn’t need to provoke US openly for China, we can handle them as we did in Korean War.

TBH J 10 in terms of capabilities doesn't offer much which J 17 cant provide & it makes more sense to upgrade existing thunders to block 3 standards.
Unless Azam is seriously delayed and J31 under developed and too expensive for Pakistan this doesn't do much beside quickly filling the numbers gap for Pakistan.
Purchase of J 10 Itself should be your answer for your F16 rumors thats a dead horse.
Pakistan will keep its f16 flying for some time thanks to Turkey but dont see f16 block 50 + happening so Pakistan had to purchase a mid weight platform
J 10 is a medium category jet and Block III is lightweight jet. And yes it makes total sense to go for J 10 to counter Rafale instead of further upgrading BLOCK III. No Sir JF 17 provides lot more firepower and range and radar and EW capabilities than BLOCK III
FB_IMG_1641123637719.jpg

I've been expecting this for some time. Chinese military tech is advancing so quickly, what ever issues PA had with early early versions of Z-10 have been corrected in newer models so it makes no sense to be held hostage by the T-129 engine issue. Turkish and GCC may be an option for military hardware in the future but they are not there yet.

Z-10 news in NOT new, and a reliable member told more than a year ago that these were coming. So 99% chance they are COMING this year.

Personally, I think China should allocate 1 to 2 billion US dollars for military support to Pakistan every year.

I understand what you mean but it would be much, much better if China encourages Trades, helps in QA, and Help establish more military products so that by selling good quality products, Pakistan can earn much more. Begging Bowl diplomacy of Pakistan's elites from US turned this country into an absolute mess with corruption everywhere.

That's what I'm asking.... Wouldn't Mi-28 or KA-50s be a more fitting replacement ?
PA already considered Mi-28NM, it may be considered again when PA guys heavy gunships (T-929, Mi-28NM, upcoming Chinese heavy, those are a different category. T-129 and Z-10ME are medium weight category).
KA-50 is not suitable for this role, it’s a scout helicopter meant for speed and strafing, not for hovering and providing constant cover to armored assaults.

There is a sense of urgency in Pakistan’s acquisitions. Not all is well on the Eastern front. There is an expectation BJP will resort to some misadventure. It is only a matter of time.

PAA is challenged keeping its Cobras going at an operational level required for our strike Corps. Some of it might be balanced by drones, but that is not a substitute for a Med/Hev attack heli. PAA will keep its options open for the two Turk platforms but the situation with our Cobras is not good. US is creating a lot of grief on many levels with all of its gear. They are not saying no, but are slowing things to a grinding halt.

Last edited:
There is a sense of urgency in Pakistan’s acquisitions. Not all is well on the Eastern front. There is an expectation BJP will resort to some misadventure. It is only a matter of time.
Oh no 🥺
We need this decade peaceful for some actual economic development. War will deteriorate everything economical

Why did the news of procurement come out altogether?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom