What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

BS... PA already rejected this Chinese piece of junk!
Don't be too quick to utter those words when this junk might join PA soon.

We have seen similar scenario with VT-4 , J-10C before and it gonna be Z-10.

Once this join PA, those who utter those words before will then soon make 180degrees turn and claim it's the best gunship.

Last edited:
J 10 rumors also started same way. Everyone made fun of those who claimed it and now that is happening. Also now F 16 rumors are also doing rounds. Same was the case with HQ 9 and VT 4.
TBH J 10 in terms of capabilities doesn't offer much which J 17 cant provide & it makes more sense to upgrade existing thunders to block 3 standards.
Unless Azam is seriously delayed and J31 under developed and too expensive for Pakistan this doesn't do much beside quickly filling the numbers gap for Pakistan.
Purchase of J 10 Itself should be your answer for your F16 rumors thats a dead horse.
Pakistan will keep its f16 flying for some time thanks to Turkey but dont see f16 block 50 + happening so Pakistan had to purchase a mid weight platform

TBH J 10 in terms of capabilities doesn't offer much which J 17 cant provide & it makes more sense to upgrade existing thunders to block 3 standards.
Unless Azam is seriously delayed and J31 under developed and too expensive for Pakistan this doesn't do much beside quickly filling the numbers gap for Pakistan.
Purchase of J 10 Itself should be your answer for your F16 rumors thats a dead horse.
Pakistan will keep its f16 flying for some time thanks to Turkey but dont see f16 block 50 + happening so Pakistan had to purchase a mid weight platform
Another so called expert speaks. Definitely PAF is no idiot to buy J-10C if it offer only modest capabilities over JF-17 Blk 3. It is not just bought to replace F-16 fleet which PAF has no chance to get more. It is bought to counter the Rafale. Filling the role as frontline aircraft when facing IAF rafale which the F-16blk 52 can't handle.

Obviously PAF comes to same conclusions from PLAAF who operates the J-10C too. If JF-17 Blk 3 is so wonderful and with lower price tag and cheaper operating cost. It would have long inducted into PLAAF service and mass replaced the J-7. Why go for more pricy J-10 series?

Pakistan has finalized the Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China.
It’s confirmed, they are coming to Pakistan since Pakistan can no longer wait for Turkey.

J-10 is in a different class compare to JF-17 block 3.
Medium weight compare to Light weight
Delta wing
Better Radar, better avionics, more hardPoints, can carry more missiles and bombs.
Better EW suite.
We will eventually have 2 to 3 squadrons.
F-7 and Old Mirages have no chance against SU-30, Mirage-2000 and Rafale, J-10 will replace older fighters.

Last edited:
Another so called expert speaks. Definitely PAF is no idiot to buy J-10C if it offer only modest capabilities over JF-17 Blk 3. It is not just bought to replace F-16 fleet which PAF has no chance to get more. It is bought to counter the Rafale. Filling the role as frontline aircraft when facing IAF rafale which the F-16blk 52 can't handle.

Obviously PAF comes to same conclusions from PLAAF who operates the J-10C too. If JF-17 Blk 3 is so wonderful and with lower price tag and cheaper operating cost. It would have long inducted into PLAAF service and mass replaced the J-7. Why go for more pricy J-10 series?
Are you also a so-called expert ?
Do you even know when both projects were started whats was the reason behind both projects? when you do then we will talk.

I'm not surprised. recall that 5 years ago, China lended 3 Z-10s to Pakistan Army for evaluation. Pakistan returned them with a list of requirements that we wanted. now, those requirements must have been completed and we are finally purchasing them in bulk.

Pakistan has finalized the Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China.
It’s confirmed, they are coming to Pakistan since Pakistan can no longer wait for Turkey.

J-10 is in a different class compared to JF-17 block 3.
Medium weight compare to Lightweight
Delta wing
Better Radar, better avionics, more hardPoints, can carry more missiles and bombs.
Better EW suite.
We will eventually have 2 to 3 squadrons.
F-7 and Old Mirages have no chance against SU-30, Mirage-2000 and Rafale, J-10 will replace older fighters.
I already wrote about weight point in my last point.

F7 & Old mirages are not your air superiority fighters, Mirages are mostly being used as Trucks and Mirage are still capable platforms for A2G roles which Pakistan is using for Similar to Indian Mig 21 & F7 both are really good nimble fighters are especially in WVR combat which will Pakistan India both face in full-scale war.
Yes, Pakistan is already trying to replace its aging platforms but it takes time. FEW F7PG are younger than F16s Pakistan have but both platforms serve different roles.
Thunder was developed as budget-friendly Lightweight platform to replace older platforms but Since Block 2 this has changed & Pakistan is trying to make it as a air superiority platform for PAF as well. With Tech trickling down from other Chinese Projects. So Anything which can be installed on J10 can also be installed on Thunder. Are we forgetting the comments from last air chief?

In regards to more hardpoints, & weapon carry capability Pakistan doesn't need a truck for deep Otherwise Pakistan would have gotten to the dual-engine platform in J class.
For deep penetration into Indian air space, Pakistan won't use these air crafts you have cruise missiles and other systems in your arsenal.

This Purchase can be taken in 2 ways
1 its a stop gap until Pakistan can finally make something of Project Azm.
2 F16s is a dead horse and have no future purchase option so Pakistan will use this platform.

I already wrote about weight point in my last point.

F7 & Old mirages are not your air superiority fighters, Mirages are mostly being used as Trucks and Mirage are still capable platforms for A2G roles which Pakistan is using for Similar to Indian Mig 21 & F7 both are really good nimble fighters are especially in WVR combat which will Pakistan India both face in full-scale war.
Yes, Pakistan is already trying to replace its aging platforms but it takes time. FEW F7PG are younger than F16s Pakistan have but both platforms serve different roles.
Thunder was developed as budget-friendly Lightweight platform to replace older platforms but Since Block 2 this has changed & Pakistan is trying to make it as a air superiority platform for PAF as well. With Tech trickling down from other Chinese Projects. So Anything which can be installed on J10 can also be installed on Thunder. Are we forgetting the comments from last air chief?

In regards to more hardpoints, & weapon carry capability Pakistan doesn't need a truck for deep Otherwise Pakistan would have gotten to the dual-engine platform in J class.
For deep penetration into Indian air space, Pakistan won't use these air crafts you have cruise missiles and other systems in your arsenal.

This Purchase can be taken in 2 ways
1 its a stop gap until Pakistan can finally make something of Project Azm.
2 F16s is a dead horse and have no future purchase option so Pakistan will use this platform.
The 1200 t/r KJL-10 AESA of J-10 cannot be fitted on JF-17. That is why a smaller and less t/r KJL-7A are introduced for Blk 3. The JF-17 also has less aerodynamic performance than J-10 like thrust to weight and G sustain which negates some doctrine needed in aerial duel.

I'm not surprised. recall that 5 years ago, China lended 3 Z-10s to Pakistan Army for evaluation. Pakistan returned them with a list of requirements that we wanted. now, those requirements must have been completed and we are finally purchasing them in bulk.
PA wanted a 30mm canon and they are not getting one. But the most important changes will be the engine upgrade. PA reject the first Z-10 version doesn't necessary mean its junk in other aspect. Even T-129 performance is based on the US LHTEC-800 that helps in high attitude performance.

China couldn't come up with a more powerful engine initially but as our tech has matured, the required powerful engine are here for Z-10ME. Just like the our J-20 has the more powerful domestic engine installed.

Unforutnately there are no other options

Unless PA wants to wait 10 years for the turkish engine its going to be cancelled
They might do batch procurement of the Z-10ME; 12-15 at a time, every 2-4 years until the Turks have a helicopter ready. If the Turks can’t get their engine ready in 6-10 years the numbers that could be procured will just be allocated to the Chinese option. Between the Ah-1Z and T-129 Pakistan planned to procure 45 helicopters; so three to four rounds of procurements could be done, with each round having increasing technical requirements.

The Turks should assume Pakistan won’t wait for the T-129 and work on getting their ATAK-2 design ready within the next 2-4 years, if they want to sell it to Pakistan.

24 Z-10ME and 24 Atak-2 wouldn’t be a bad force structure to replace the 40 or so AH-1F/S the PA currently operates. And maybe add in 12 Z-19 with the MMW radar for FC operations in peacetime and Scouting during a conventional standoff.

So... This means the AH1F will be retired shortly?

In that case then....

Goodbye my old friend :(. You will still be my favourite heli to look at and play in, in games o7

Back
Top Bottom