What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

Rubbish source Unreliable

while the source is biased, I do believe its cancelled according to the Pakistani military spokesperson they were moving on, though its not really confirmed that the Chinese aircraft will replace it, considering it had failed hot and high tests before in the initial tender that the T129 beat it in. Pakistan would be better off waiting until the right equipment becomes available, its not like there is a lack of things needed for Defense that could use the money.

while the source is biased, I do believe its cancelled according to the Pakistani military spokesperson they were moving on, though its not really confirmed that the Chinese aircraft will replace it, considering it had failed hot and high tests before in the initial tender that the T129 beat it in. Pakistan would be better off waiting until the right equipment becomes available, its not like there is a lack of things needed for Defense that could use the money.

The news sources says Pakistan may seek Chinese copter, but that's not acertained.

'hopefully, hopefully'

Seems China may be finally willing to sell us the top grade Z10 now instead of the lower grade that was offered earlier.
It's not a lower grade varien,the power of early batch WZ-9 engine is around 950~980KW that china spend years to improve it to around 1150KW,Z-10ME is reDesigned base on that 1150KW engine.New engine new design,no engine no design.

Last edited:
:coffee: Only Benefit for Turkish Chopper is if they come with Turkish Engine
Turkish Engine , even if it is new engine in market , the combination is Priceless

• T-129
  • ATAK-2

I sincerely hope we do not end up path of getting engine from Ukraine

Retractable landing gear is not desirable for military gunship. Yes, it caused drag but as a close support platform. Very likely it will suffer enemy fire and crashed. The heavy landing gear act as a crash impact absorber when emergency landing happened compare to retractable which the mechanism might have jam in case of enemy fire damaging it and not able to release the landing gear in time for crash landing.
Russian removed the retractable landing gear because it occupy too much space. Where remove retractable landing gear, it create more space to accommodate men and material.
Look beautiful but no feasable
1641527618662.png

PA Mi35M
1641527746053.png

Beautiful Machine

Pakistan has no shortage of Human Resources or Engineers
Z-10 And T-129 , offer ample knowledge

We need to shift our focus away from 1970's Cobra to Machines engineered/designed in last 10 years

There is ample room to grow the two platforms simultaneously as there is a chronic shortage of Modern Gunships

Yes we have some Choppers with makeshift , machine guns (Bell etc.) but we need platforms which can go against Apache caliber opponents (as India has such gunships) not necessarily 1 vs 1 but in term of advantage on ground battle

The two birds Z-10 and T-129 are very similar platforms

• Z-10 between 2022 and 2023
  • T-129 between 2023-2025 (With new Turkish Engine)

Turkey will be done with their platform soon so there is no major rush it's a dependable defensive equipment provider

However the need for modernization is there to move to current generation platforms
I’m sorry but you don’t seem to understand how money and basic logistics work.
Let me repeat: buying both is a stupid idea and should not/will not be done. Buying 80 of one is far, far more likely than buying 40 of two and absolutely destroying wartime logistics and PAAs funding, that too for an inferior machine.

First you buy 40 of the Z-10ME, train PAA crews, train PAA pilots, set up support infrastructure, buy spare parts and ammo and all that comes with a new acquisition, then you buy 40 more of the same and skip all those steps, which is logical, or you buy 40 more of another (inferior) platform and then repeat every single step again, do you see the issue? If PA needs a certain number of gunships, it’s going to buy them all at once, it doesn’t matter if it’s T129 or Z-10ME, both are good, but we can’t buy half now and then wait for Turkey to get ready and buy half from there.

Also no, helicopters aren’t going to 1v1 each other at all, that’s not their purpose, they’re ground support machines. PA has always laid more emphasis on them Than IA, that’s why we’ve always had more and better gunships, until recently where both of our purchases got blocked so IA got ahead with their few Apaches and it’s gonna be difficult to get that lead back with their LCH coming into service. That’s why PA is going for both medium and heavy helicopters, Z-10ME seems to be the choice for the medium so far, Turkey seems the best option for a heavy so far, but Chinese, European and Russian options may also be present later on.

Last edited:
Good move, Turkey was selling Drones to India, Pakistan should have cancelled deal who sells weapons to our enemy.
Mr we didn't cancel this deal because of that. And in fact even if this deals get cancelled our corporation with Turkey will increase. From APC, Tanks to Drones to lot of other stuff which we are buying from Turkey and also joint ventures. And in future when Turkey will come up with upgraded version of their attack helicopter with non American engine we would buy that also. Secondly go and learn what drones they are selling to India before making ridiculous and dumb claims.

Good move, Turkey was selling Drones to India, Pakistan should have cancelled deal who sells weapons to our enemy.

Look first what type of drones India is getting from the Turkey before passing the judgement. Be mindful of the few real friends we got at the moment instead of unthoughtful comments.

The Turkish forces will have 100+ ATAKs (T129s). So, the hurry in the TAI for ATAK-2 with the Ukrainian engine seems to be due to a pressure from the Pak side to match the IA's Apaches....

Around 70(69 as of 01.01.2022) T-129 variants currently delivered to the Gendarmerie, and TAF.

Within the scope of the ATAK-I Program, 91 units (32 of which were optional) were planned to be produced for the Turkish Land Forces and a total of 27 units were planned for the Ministry of Interior. If the planning for 30 helicopters for Pakistan is cancelled, it is likely that TAF and the Ministry of Interior will use all of the planned total of 118 helicopters.

And as of 2025, deliveries of heavy class attack helicopters will begin.

What drones does Turkey sell to india? As long as there are Pakistanis like you who do not questioning about what you read with low awareness is, the Indian propaganda machine will continue to manipulate you in the direction it wants.

Last edited:
The Z-10ME is the improve version compare to earlier one trial by PA.

b7667ddd-8baf-4ebd-a347-729d753435e8.jpeg

China's made-for-export Z-10ME attack helicopter is exhibited at Airshow China 2018 in Zhuhai, South China's Guangdong Province in early November.Photo:Liu Xuanzun/GT

China's made-for-export attack helicopter Z-10ME is equipped with a new infrared depressor that renders it more capable of evading enemy missiles, according to its manufacturer.

The Z-10ME, an independently developed medium-size attack helicopter intended for the international arms market, has recently passed a domestic technology inspection, China Aviation News reported on Saturday.

Among several selling points including a sand filter, bullet-proof armor and crash resistance seats for pilots, it also boasts an infrared depressor, the report said.

The infrared depressor was recently developed, according to a statement from the helicopter's manufacturer Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) released on Wednesday.

AVIC said that the biggest threat a helicopter faces on the modern battlefield is infrared homing missiles, which can lock on an aircraft's emitted infrared radiation.

The suppressor is capable of greatly reducing that radiation, making the helicopter invisible to infrared homing missiles, the statement said.

The six-ton-class Z-10ME can fly with high maneuverability at very low altitudes, making it able to provide strong firepower while maintaining high survivability, reads a separate statement AVIC sent to the Global Times.

It can carry various types of guided and unguided air-to-air and air-to-ground munitions and is capable of fighting at both day and night, the company said.

Military experts said that many countries in the Middle East, Southeast Asia and South America are in need of medium-size attack helicopters cheaper than the US-made AH-64 Apache but with sufficient firepower, which makes the cost-effective Z-10ME a favorable choice.

A Z-10ME was on exhibit at the Airshow China 2018 in Zhuhai, South China's Guangdong Province in early November.

Back
Top Bottom