What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I was seeing the below vid about PAF F16's. But i coudnt see any conformal tanks on these F16's. I believe Blck 52 does has conformal tanks. Am i correct or have i got it wrong ?
And what is the radar on blck 52 paf ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan Armed forces has one thing which is not available in any super power that is IMAN.So PAF is the Super Power amonst all Air Forces of All Non Muslims.Am i right?

I was seeing the below vid about PAF F16's. But i coudnt see any conformal tanks on these F16's. I believe Blck 52 does has conformal tanks. Am i correct or have i got it wrong ?
And what is the radar on blck 52 paf ?

These are the previously embargoed PAF F-16A/B blk 15 OCU not block 52.

Conformal tanks can be removed. See here: File:F-15E CFT.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The PAF is getting APG-68(V)7.

The block 52 (as well as MLU) will have APG-68v9

Pratt & Whitney to Begin Delivery of the Next Generation of F100 Series Engines

--New series incorporates fifth generation engine technology to increase inspection interval from 4,300 to 6,000 cycles for reduced operating costs and increased durability

LE BOURGET, France, June 15, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- PARIS AIR SHOW -- Pratt & Whitney has delivered the first 6,000 cycle production hardware for assembly of the F100-PW-229 engine enhancement package (EEP). Pratt & Whitney's F100 engine family powers F-16 and F-15 military fighter jets operated by the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy and the air forces of 22 allied nations. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp. /quotes/comstock/13*!utx/quotes/nls/utx (UTX 54.63, -0.09, -0.16%) company.

The F100-PW-229 EEP was created to dramatically decrease the cost of engine ownership without costly upgrade kits that significantly impact engine configuration. This was accomplished by inserting fifth generation fighter engine technologies from the F119 engine powering the F-22 and F135 engine powering the F-35. This increased the engine depot inspection interval from 4,300 to 6,000 cycles and improved the durability of key components while maintaining the 29,100 pound thrust rating.

The inspection interval increase extends the amount of time between scheduled depot maintenance from an average of seven to nine years to more than 10 to 14 years, depending on utilization rates. This increase is expected to reduce life cycle costs by 30 percent over the life of the engine. The F100-PW-229 EEP continues to be the only fighter engine qualified by the U.S. Air Force to 6,000 cycle capability.

"The F100-PW-229 EEP is another example of Pratt & Whitney's pioneering work in fighter engine technology," said Bill Gostic, vice president, Pratt & Whitney Military Programs and Customer Support. "Delivery of the 6,000 cycle hardware for the new -229 EEP provides tangible cost-of-ownership and engine readiness benefits to our customers."

The F100-PW-229 EEP represents the latest evolution in the F100 series of engines, recognized worldwide for its safety, reliability and cost effective operation. Pratt & Whitney offers its customers the ability to purchase the F100-PW-229 EEP as a complete engine or as an engine assembly kit. The engine enhancement package can also be incorporated into existing F100-PW-229 engines during scheduled depot maintenance.

Initial F100-PW-229 EEP engine deliveries for Republic of Korea F-15 aircraft will begin in 2009 and for Pakistan F-16 aircraft in 2010. Morocco has also selected the F100-PW-229 EEP engines for installation in its F-16 aircraft with anticipated delivery starting in 2010.

Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, space propulsion systems and industrial gas turbines. United Technologies, based in Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and commercial building industries.

Pakistan Armed forces has one thing which is not available in any super power that is IMAN.So PAF is the Super Power amonst all Air Forces of All Non Muslims.Am i right?

Hi,

As for me---you are not right. And whosoever is telling you that is ill-informed as well. Have you ever talked to soldiers of other faiths---you may well be surprised to find that they also have 'iman' and faith and they also pray to their God for their salvation and victory.

Every person and individual has their faith and 'iman' and belief---the one who applies himself better will come out ahead. The proof is always in the PUDDING.

Hi,

As for me---you are not right. And whosoever is telling you that is ill-informed as well. Have you ever talked to soldiers of other faiths---you may well be surprised to find that they also have 'iman' and faith and they also pray to their God for their salvation and victory.

Every person and individual has their faith and 'iman' and belief---the one who applies himself better will come out ahead. The proof is always in the PUDDING.

Only one thing on which i don't agree with you is the word "IMAN".
This word is used and have value only for Muslims.

I havn't gone through this entire thread...wow, 33 pages, but a discussion here came up yesterday about PAF, BVR missiles. Does the PAF's F-16's have the AIM-120? In the USAF, we armed some Falcons with that missile for "home" air defence in our Guard units, does the PAF use it's AIM-120's on the F-16 or another aircraft?

I havn't gone through this entire thread...wow, 33 pages, but a discussion here came up yesterday about PAF, BVR missiles. Does the PAF's F-16's have the AIM-120? In the USAF, we armed some Falcons with that missile for "home" air defence in our Guard units, does the PAF use it's AIM-120's on the F-16 or another aircraft?
500 AIM 120 C are ordered and should come with new block 52, they are only for F16s at the moment.

Only one thing on which i don't agree with you is the word "IMAN".
This word is used and have value only for Muslims.

Hi,

Oh my dear buddy---there is so much to learn in life---just reach out and touch someone.

What do you think that jesuit priest had in his mind and soul when he was alone by himself walking the jungles of philipines, south america---it was 'iman'---in africa, in south asia every where they went on foot and against all odds---they had something in them that made them take those steps---and that something is 'iman'.

Lets not belittle the belief of mankind wherever they are.

Last edited:
Pratt & Whitney to Begin Delivery of the Next Generation of F100 Series Engines

--New series incorporates fifth generation engine technology to increase inspection interval from 4,300 to 6,000 cycles for reduced operating costs and increased durability

LE BOURGET, France, June 15, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- PARIS AIR SHOW -- Pratt & Whitney has delivered the first 6,000 cycle production hardware for assembly of the F100-PW-229 engine enhancement package (EEP). Pratt & Whitney's F100 engine family powers F-16 and F-15 military fighter jets operated by the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy and the air forces of 22 allied nations. Pratt & Whitney is a United Technologies Corp. /quotes/comstock/13*!utx/quotes/nls/utx (UTX 54.63, -0.09, -0.16%) company.

The F100-PW-229 EEP was created to dramatically decrease the cost of engine ownership without costly upgrade kits that significantly impact engine configuration. This was accomplished by inserting fifth generation fighter engine technologies from the F119 engine powering the F-22 and F135 engine powering the F-35. This increased the engine depot inspection interval from 4,300 to 6,000 cycles and improved the durability of key components while maintaining the 29,100 pound thrust rating.

The inspection interval increase extends the amount of time between scheduled depot maintenance from an average of seven to nine years to more than 10 to 14 years, depending on utilization rates. This increase is expected to reduce life cycle costs by 30 percent over the life of the engine. The F100-PW-229 EEP continues to be the only fighter engine qualified by the U.S. Air Force to 6,000 cycle capability.

"The F100-PW-229 EEP is another example of Pratt & Whitney's pioneering work in fighter engine technology," said Bill Gostic, vice president, Pratt & Whitney Military Programs and Customer Support. "Delivery of the 6,000 cycle hardware for the new -229 EEP provides tangible cost-of-ownership and engine readiness benefits to our customers."

The F100-PW-229 EEP represents the latest evolution in the F100 series of engines, recognized worldwide for its safety, reliability and cost effective operation. Pratt & Whitney offers its customers the ability to purchase the F100-PW-229 EEP as a complete engine or as an engine assembly kit. The engine enhancement package can also be incorporated into existing F100-PW-229 engines during scheduled depot maintenance.

Initial F100-PW-229 EEP engine deliveries for Republic of Korea F-15 aircraft will begin in 2009 and for Pakistan F-16 aircraft in 2010. Morocco has also selected the F100-PW-229 EEP engines for installation in its F-16 aircraft with anticipated delivery starting in 2010.

Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, space propulsion systems and industrial gas turbines. United Technologies, based in Hartford, Conn., is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and commercial building industries.

Which F-16s are we talking about here in case of Pakistan. Also can the new engine equip the existing F-16s of Pakistan?

The ones coming up for delivery are the blk52s. The 14 additional blk-15s which were acquired from the US under EDA also have the PW-229s as part of Falcon Up/STAR upgrades to these aircraft before they went into service with the PAF.

That leaves the original 32 blk-15 F-26s, all of which have the older F100-PW-200 turbofans. These engines will not be upgraded as part of the MLU based on what I know.

Last edited:

No, you're wrong. Only God decides who is a super power, not you. Don't talk about Islam like that if you don't know anything.

HEY SHOULDN'T U GUYS THINK PAKISTAN SHOULD STOP LOOKING D AMERICANS THEIR SUPPORT HAS ALWAYS BEEN CONDITIONAL N DAY R NOT RELIABLE I THINK WE SHOULD DROP THE F-16S THEY OLD N ONE THE BEING PROVIDED TO US ARE WITH LIMITED RANGE V SHOULD GO FOR MIRAGE, RAFAEL OR CHINESE JETS

HEY SHOULDN'T U GUYS THINK PAKISTAN SHOULD STOP LOOKING D AMERICANS THEIR SUPPORT HAS ALWAYS BEEN CONDITIONAL N DAY R NOT RELIABLE I THINK WE SHOULD DROP THE F-16S THEY OLD N ONE THE BEING PROVIDED TO US ARE WITH LIMITED RANGE V SHOULD GO FOR MIRAGE, RAFAEL OR CHINESE JETS
we need western tech so as to get used to the latest developments in every field.Look at Thunder, we imparted lot of things from Falcon to it FC-K1 and F-2 F-50 are also based on Falcon improvement needs to go on nothing happens in space
:pop::pakistan:zindabad

Back
Top Bottom