What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The ones coming up for delivery are the blk52s. The 14 additional blk-15s which were acquired from the US under EDA also have the PW-229s as part of Falcon Up/STAR upgrades to these aircraft before they went into service with the PAF.

That leaves the original 32 blk-15 F-26s, all of which have the older F100-PW-200 turbofans. These engines will not be upgraded as part of the MLU based on what I know.

Just adding to your post these F-16s will have alot of strict conditions and NO NO list attached to them and there will be alot of security locks !!! If i were the government i would have started my search for some amazing computer wiz. we need to crack those codes as soon as we get the planes

but we do need them at the moment cuz FC-20s will be coming in 2014-15.IAF still fears falcons (they havent tasted thuder yet) but we need an Immediate detterence Falcons are just that

Just adding to your post these F-16s will have alot of strict conditions and NO NO list attached to them and there will be alot of security locks !!! If i were the government i would have started my search for some amazing computer wiz. we need to crack those codes as soon as we get the planes

Source codes for US fighters are usually in ADA.. a language designed for security, you can put all the resources you have and still not get anything out of it.

Tusas Inks Deal To Modernize Pakistan F-16 Jets

ISTANBUL -(Dow Jones)- Turkish company Turk Havacilik ve Uzay Sanayii, or Tusas, has signed a deal with Pakistan's Defence Production Ministry to modernize 42 of Pakistan's F-16 aircrafts, Tusas said Monday, the Ihlas News Agency, or IHA, reported.

In statement, Tusas said the project for the modernization of F-16 aircrafts will cost around $75 million and the project will start in October 2010.

Good news! we need to get our birds up to speed i love this aircraft ..

UPDATE 1-Turkey's Tusas says to modernise Pakistan's F-16s | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

UPDATE 1-Turkey's Tusas says to modernise Pakistan's F-16s

*Says deal worth around $75 million

* Project to start in Oct 2010, take 46 months

ANKARA, June 29 (Reuters) - Turkish defence company Tusas said on Monday it would modernise 42 of Pakistan's F-16 jet fleet in a deal it said would be worth around $75 million.

The project will begin in Oct 2010 in Tusas facilities and will take 46 months, the company said in a written statement sent to Reuters.

Tusas has modernised Jordan's F-16 fighters in a deal signed in 2006.

NATO member Turkey and Pakistan have close military and strategic ties.

Tusas signed a $500 million agreement with Airbus (EAD.PA) to produce parts for A350 planes. (Reporting by Zerin Elci; Editing by Hans Peters)

So F-16 MLU program will be completed by September 2014

This news is very very saaaad!! 2014! OMG
and we were under impression that the MLU is already under going and will take no more then 2 years to be completed. 2011 MAX!

IS PAF behind?

this is almost mid of 2009 and no F-16 MLU, NO combat ready JF-17 sqd, no AEW, and no BVR AAM??

This news is very very saaaad!! 2014! OMG
and we were under impression that the MLU is already under going and will take no more then 2 years to be completed. 2011 MAX!

IS PAF behind?

this is almost mid of 2009 and no F-16 MLU, NO combat ready JF-17 sqd, no AEW, and no BVR AAM??

Hi,

Hasn't anyone heard my screams, full of pain, over these past 4 years---why do you think I have been crying my heart out at every oppurtunity that I get---for the same reason. We have been let down by our very own---these people who thought that they were somebody---were sleeping at their jobs.

no sense!! 2014 our F16s near BLK40 and that time F16s BLOCK 80 onaiiiiiiiiiiiir!!!! lol good game by Turkey (Undercontrol by US) nice game Unitedstate GG!

block 80!!! i think UASF would have retired its falcons and switch to lightening
block 70 is a possibility with IAF going for F-16 in MCRA but not Block-80

no sense!! 2014 our F16s near BLK40 and that time F16s BLOCK 80 onaiiiiiiiiiiiir!!!! lol good game by Turkey (Undercontrol by US) nice game Unitedstate GG!

dude what are you talking about?????

Nobody forced us to undergo the MLUs, we chose it ourselves.

OBVIOUSLY when they are updating air frame/avionics/hydraulics/engine/radar/pods/etc. it takes a lot of time.

These are old F16s from Zia ul-F*cks era....A/B Block 15s!

After MLU, they will basically be block 52 and comparable to the 18 new F16 c/d 52s that we are getting in mid 2010.

it is times like this where being a little......spiritual......can help. Be patient yaar!

The Tusas deal was a competitive bid. Tusas gave the best price, and we have accepted the tender for 46 aircrafts.

We should be happy that they will do a good job providing MLU kits to our flagship aircrafts.....not whining and saying it takes too long

are u people that much in a rush to shoot indians? :woot::rofl:

As far as i know, 2 (or possibly 4) of the aircrafts are in Ankara at the moment. The rest will be upgraded by TUSAS in Pakistan --most likely Sarghoda or Kamra.

obviously these things are a bit hard to keep track of. But we should be very happy that the older F16s will be updated to meet today's standards.

I just hope that after the MLU are complete, we will get the green-light to arm the MLU'd F16s with Lockheed Martin Sniper Targetting Pods

We ordered 18 of these pods which will be included in the new F16 block 52s which we are to receive in the near future.

So F-16 MLU program will be completed by September 2014

i think this is the post from where all ou people got it wrong!

seniors, and other members the post states that the turkish upgrade to start from 2010, it is NOT the MLU!

the MLU is being carried out by the US adn will be done earlier! the post was regarding some upgrades that the turkish will bring to our block 15 MLU F16z so it will will further be modrenised!

i hope you get the point now that the MLU and the turkish upgrades are different programmes!

anyhow regarless of this i do agree with Mastan Sb that all that he had been screaming ;) is totally right! the US MLU may well turn out to be a stab in the back!! we MUST NOT TRUST THE US!!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom