What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I am very disappointed at PAF...
46 MLU in 6-7 years since negotiation? and that to block 40 standard? what happened to APG-68 V9, ALQ-213, Sinper pods?? i thought they were pretty much part of the deal which would bring our f-sola to bock 50 standard? but here we are stuck with old garbage.. I am sorry to say but i think the transition of making PAK military a puppet police force is under way and soon we will be nothing but Egyptian type controlled military...
i am getting soooooooooooooo.. disappointed at PAF..
why?
i have to admit, that PAF acquisition and timing sucks big time!

and no.. i am not going to be a fanboy and say... hey PAF should have bought 80 EF-2000, 20 Rafale etc..

Janes is wrong, again!!!

All PAF-16s will be upgraded to blk-52 avionics suite. Trust me on this. The MLU planned for the PAF is unlike any others thus far executed.

Let me bring some other issues.

- When did the US approve of the MLU sales?
- How are we going to finance the purchase?
- How are we going to do the upgradation?

Now 'if ' US approved the sales on 9/12, 2001, AND we have lots of money to pay, AND companies capable of doing the upgradation are idle and waiting for us, THEN we can rightly complain that all the delay is due to PAF. That however is not the case.

First of all.. i want to clear my stance... i am still a big time pro-F-16 MLU & Block 52+ deal... but, is it worth it? i mean PAF has relied on F-16 so much that flexibilities of choosing and inducting other alternatives is beyond their reach.. PAF even new these delays and hurdles were coming at them.. and again, our F-16s twice faced potential air war threats where they were not even capable of BVR AA engagements.. and what if few months ago those MKIs for the sake of destroying terrorists camps in Lahore conducted BVR air to ground engagements then tell me which air craft in PAF would have been capable of preventing this? lets just suppose they do that..
and btw, the funds and aid we get from america is because we earn it!

Do you still think PAF MLU program sucks?

not really... but certainly the timing does..

Janes is wrong, again!!!

All PAF-16s will be upgraded to blk-52 avionics suite. Trust me on this. The MLU planned for the PAF is unlike any others thus far executed.

Blain, you are wrong on your last remark. There are other mlu's that are a bit higher then our MLU.. It is not open info to all.

Blain, you are wrong on your last remark. There are other mlu's that are a bit higher then our MLU.. It is not open info to all.

I hope you are not talking about specs here. I am talking about delivered MLU aircraft. Thus far none of the MLUs that have gone through the upgrades have what PAF aircraft will.

not really... but certainly the timing does..

Growler almost 5 month for an aircraft is the avg time on the MLU. Not sure how that can be shortened? Maybe the issue is why the delay?, well that had to do with the PAF not wanting to spend own money on the upgrades and trying to use FMS funding through the US aid for it.

Any news about the 4 F-16 delivered to US for MLU?
When are those comming home?
As we know intiall plans were that first two were scheduled to be completed in mid 2010.

Any news about the 4 F-16 delivered to US for MLU?
When are those comming home?
As we know intiall plans were that first two were scheduled to be delivered in mid 2010.

You are correct. We should begin to see them returning next year.

Tusas Inks Deal To Modernize Pakistan F-16 Jets - IHA

("Tusas, Airbus Ink Deal To Modernize Pakistan F-16 Jets - IHA," at 1145 GMT, misstated that Airbus and Tusas had signed a deal to modernize Pakistan's F-16 aircraft in the headline and the first paragraph.

ISTANBUL -(Dow Jones)- Turkish company Turk Havacilik ve Uzay Sanayii, or Tusas, has signed a deal with Pakistan's Defence Production Ministry to modernize 42 of Pakistan's F-16 aircrafts, Tusas said Monday, the Ihlas News Agency, or IHA, reported.

In statement, Tusas said the project for the modernization of F-16 aircrafts will cost around $75 million and the project will start in October 2010.

Agency Web sites: www.iha.com.tr; IHLAS News Distribution System

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
06-29-09 0808ET
Copyright (c) 2009 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

(gen) Turkish Aviation Company Signs Pakistani War Plane Modernization Deal

ANKARA (A.A) - 29.06.2009 - A Turkish aviation company has signed a deal to modernize part of Pakistan's war planes.
Turkish Aviation and Space Industry (TUSAS) sealed the 75-millon USD project in Rawalpindi on Monday, TUSAS said in a statement.

The project is scheduled to begin in October 2010 and it covers the modernization of forty-two F-16 fighter jets within a period of 46 months. (İMB-CE)

(gen) Turkish Aviation Company Signs Pakistani War Plane Modernization Deal - Turk.Net

Shouldn't the F-16 modernization had taken place already or was there delay? Hadn't we shipped a batch of F-16 to Turkey?

If the news is correct then it is pathetic. They should had never taken so much time.
I think some F-16 were out to US. Do not know if they have already been sent to Turkey. But then why if the project will start in 2010.

With the changing times, PAF should grab the opportunities when they present themselves.

I am really disappointed with PAF mimicing the Indian Government operates.

If the news is correct then it is pathetic. They should had never taken so much time.
I think some F-16 were out to US. Do not know if they have already been sent to Turkey. But then why if the project will start in 2010.

With the changing times, PAF should grab the opportunities when they present themselves.

I am really disappointed with PAF mimicing the Indian Government operates.

you are right sir! two of our F16 are in US undergoing MLU. the turkish upgradation pack is a different thing and will be carried along with the MLU, both these programmes deal in different objects so if te MLU stay on track then the MLU and STAR upgraded F16 along with few block 52 if possible will become a great force!

the US mlu that you have pointed to deal in avionics and weapon load upgrades and the STAR upgrade is to seal with air frame!
though it may be taht few of the planes will take MLU in turkey after we get the MLU kits from US but still the STAR upgrade will be a different programme. so to conclude if all that goes according to plan there is nothing wrong with the timings rather it will be great!

regards!

this thing is goonna make PAF valnurable to IAF will falcons coming short at duty and getting ready late. I mean C'mon 2014 is ages from now and we will have FC-20 by then MLUed F-16s should be in duty 2011 max ;-(

this thing is goonna make PAF valnurable to IAF will falcons coming short at duty and getting ready late. I mean C'mon 2014 is ages from now and we will have FC-20 by then MLUed F-16s should be in duty 2011 max ;-(

my brother, the MLU and turkish upgrades are different things, the MLU may well be done in about 2011 and then the turkish upgrades will take more time as they will be started some where in 2013.
i have again and again pointed that the MLU and STAR upgrades are different thing, i dont know why you people are getting it. if you thing they are the same then let me know. thw MLU is the mid life upgrade offered by the US and STAR upgrades are the ones to be done by turkey, the MLU will be done way befor the STAR upgrades.

what do you think of this?

i hope all you respected members wont take it as an offense. all i want to say is that please do not mix the MLU with STAR up[grades, mean_bird have posted some very usefull posts regarding the topic and i suggest you better have a look at them as it will help you out!

i hope you understand that i am saying all this for your information only!
:cheers:
regards!

Back
Top Bottom