What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I would say Yes and No.
Upgrading an A to C offers a very cost effective way to turn a somewhat dated aircraft into a potent machine. But the C models offer more than just avionics .. They have some redesign built into them that allows for the accomodation of some avionics internally.
For eg.. the Pakistani Block -52's will be carrying the ITT Jammer internally whilst the AM's will have to varry it in a pod.
The Block-52's offer greater range, built in modular upgrade.. etc

However.. this does not take away the effectiveness of the MLU at all.
It has given Pakistan some 60 VERY capable 4++ gen aircraft.

We bought AN/ALQ-211 V9 (pods ), whereas v4 (internal jammer) was integrated inside our Block52s. PAF bought 60 -213 systems under F-16A/B MLU modification kits purchase.

No it will be more damage than beneficial. The price per unit is higher than Block 52+ and the operational, maintenance costs are going to be high too. Pilot re-training would be needed and PAF has only two L-3 simulators.

This is also a US aircraft and it is better if we do not have all of our ADA using US hardware. Anyways, PAF has option of acquiring more F-16s, Block 52+, the option is still valid and open for 37 more F-16s.
I guess PAF don't need to go for outdated versions of F-16's Block 52++....I guess JF-17block II are far better than them......:smokin:

I guess PAF don't need to go for outdated versions of F-16's Block 52++....I guess JF-17block II are far better than them......:smokin:

F16-Blk52 is better even than J10B (as claimed by your fatman). Hence JF17 blk2 will come anywhere close to it. Blk 3 may be comparable. But I would put F16 Blk52 much ahead than JF17 Blk 2

Jingoism without concrete evidence is a sure sign of failure. Dont fall into that trap. wait till we hear more and have more info on bl2before makinga comparative analysis. F16 is a mature and battle tested platform, it is heavier and bigger and has longer range. You cant compare it to an unknownentity which is what bl.2 is as of now.
Araz

F-16_Block52_04.jpg

Sq. Ldr Omair Najmi and Wng Cdr. Ghazanfar Latif.

Jingoism without concrete evidence is a sure sign of failure. Dont fall into that trap. wait till we hear more and have more info on bl2before makinga comparative analysis. F16 is a mature and battle tested platform, it is heavier and bigger and has longer range. You cant compare it to an unknownentity which is what bl.2 is as of now.
Araz

Being embargo prone and restrictions on use , outweighs its superiority over jf-17

F16-Blk52 is better even than J10B (as claimed by your fatman). Hence JF17 blk2 will come anywhere close to it. Blk 3 may be comparable. But I would put F16 Blk52 much ahead than JF17 Blk 2

Right.... and MKI Is the best in the world right? :rofl:

Being embargo prone and restrictions on use , outweighs its superiority over jf-17

Yara
put your hand to your heart and tell me whether a war in the indo pak theatre would last long enough for the embargo to be effective. We can basically fodget fighting on the western front.
Araz

Pakistan wants F-16s to go for the kill

Shaiq Hussain

pakistantoday.com.pk.

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is seeking precision-guided munitions (PGMs) from the United States for its F-16 fighter jets to target the hideouts of al Qaeda and Taliban militants in the Tribal Areas, which it believes could replace the US drones program effectively.
The PGMs intend to precisely hit a specific target and Pakistani security circles believe that its fighter planes, equipped with them, could accurately target the militants in North and South Waziristan as well as the rest of tribal regions.

However, US officials are of the view that Pakistani fighter jets, even if equipped with PGMs or smart weapons, could not be an effective alternative to its ongoing drone strikes in the Tribal Areas, where they say scores of al Qaeda leaders, including some top militants, have been killed in these assaults.

Pakistan and the United States had been at odds for months until Islamabad reopened NATO supplies to Afghanistan. The talks on Pakistani F-16s being an alternative to drones programme between Islamabad and Washington were also held before the closure of NATO supplies and have resumed after a lull of some months. ISI Director General Gen Zaheerul Islam, who reportedly meets CIA Chief General David Petraeus on August 2, will discuss this issue at length with him at the CIA headquarters in Virginia.
“Islamabad and Washington have been engaged in hectic consultations on possible agreement over the drone strikes in the tribal regions but so far with no success. Some plans have been discussed and the idea of F-16s equipped with smart weapons is one of them,” said a diplomatic source, seeking anonymity.

He said despite the US reluctance, Pakistan believed that once implemented, the plan of better equipped F-16s could phase out the US drone programme that would be also of great advantage to Washington as it would help in lowering of the rising anti-American sentiments in the country. Another diplomatic source, who is also privy to the ongoing Pakistan-US consultations on counter-terrorism cooperation, said apart from drone strikes, Islamabad was also discussing the increased border coordination between Pakistani, American and Afghan forces with the United States to avert a ‘Salala attack’ like incident in future and General Zaheer’s visit to Washington was part of that dialogue.

He said the US also wanted the return of some of its military personnel to Pakistan for better border coordination and counter-terrorism cooperation, especially the monitoring of anti-terror activities in the border regions. These US military personnel were sent back by Islamabad last year after the relations with Washington became strained. “The ISI chief will also discuss in detail the vital issue of return of some US military personnel to Pakistan with the CIA director and other American officials
during his visit to the US,” he said.

How did Pakistan do at Red Flag? I have not heard a thing about this exercise other than some photographs and an odd video. TIA.

salam...............can u tell me which one is better?
aerounotical engg: or GD(P)?PLZ
:pakistan:

gdp is flying which is exciting career - aeronautical engg is also exciting in the sense that it is cutting edge technology at least for pakistan industry.

How did Pakistan do at Red Flag? I have not heard a thing about this exercise other than some photographs and an odd video. TIA.

there are many articles posted on this - pl search them!

Back
Top Bottom