What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

The F-16s that arrive after MLU from Turkey and US will be stationed at PAF Base Shahbaz. They will stay there until the pilot conversion training is over, and then they will move to their respected Squadrons/Bases. So yes, all PAF F-16s will be shifted to PAF Base Shahbaz but for a short time.

And JF-17 Block II's second squadron will be homed at PAF Base Shahbaz, it will replace the Mirage.

there are no more mirages at Shahbaz.. All have been shifted to other bases.

For next 5-10 years JF-17s going to Shahbaz is a very hard thing to happen as the Americans have specifically stated that no Chinese stuff at Shahbaz so that no Chinese are seen on the base. Shahbaz AB had some Chinese air conditioning unit installed at specific locations, which were removed also as the Americans were uncomfortable with the Chinese stuff as it would have required Chinese techs coming for repairing or normals visits, even though PAF told them that we have our own technicians trained for that, the Americans did not agreed, so all the A/c units had to be removed.

So for now, F-16s only at Shahbaz.

JF-17s are PAF assets and not Chinese assets.
The fifth squadron of JF-17 is expected to be raised at PAF Base Shahbaz. I think we must wait, only time will tell us.

The fifth squadron of JF-17 is expected to be raised at PAF Base Shahbaz. I think we must wait, only time will tell us.

I think this may be a confusion with Shorkot..a.k.a Rafiqui..
PAF officers rarely call that base Rafiqui.. usually its referred to as Shorkot.

are you really unaware of Peace Drive ? :rofl:

267719_213260525383934_6535564_n.jpg
TX Defence update : PAF F-16 Block 52+ spotted with CFTs (Conformal fuel tanks),BVR AMRAAM AIM-120 C5,GBU-38 500 Lbs and JHMDS (Joint helmet mounted display system)

if JF-17 is PAF assest than why chinese technicians regularly visit PAF kamra? And when more advance block 2 comes than chinese technician visits will increase too. Sometimes you ignore certain things despite knowing them i dont why.

if JF-17 is PAF assest than why chinese technicians regularly visit PAF kamra? And when more advance block 2 comes than chinese technician visits will increase too. Sometimes you ignore certain things despite knowing them i dont why.

JF-17 is a PAF asset. The production is joint. You cannot say that the Block 52+ we bought are American asset not PAF asset because they were produced by Lockheed Martin or because USAF technicians come for routine evaluation.

JF-17 is a PAF asset. The production is joint. You cannot say that the Block 52+ we bought are American asset not PAF asset because they were produced by Lockheed Martin or because USAF technicians come for routine evaluation.

Hence chinese presence is not tolerated and as TAIMI pointed out even chinese AC is not acceptable to americans,,, no chinese origin PAF asset will be deployed on Shahbaz airbase until and unless American stop using that base for logistics purposes or chinese are kept as far from From F-16's as possible which means no Shahbaz.

Hence chinese presence is not tolerated and as TAIMI pointed out even chinese AC is not acceptable to americans,,, no chinese origin PAF asset will be deployed on Shahbaz airbase until and unless American stop using that base for logistics purposes or chinese are kept as far from From F-16's as possible which means no Shahbaz.

well guys its not the issue now its only a base we have many many big and well bases we will keep JFT at many places and just leave shahbaz for block-52 and MLU its clear once for ever now .we have more 10 major air bases then why we just fight over shahbaz ?

267719_213260525383934_6535564_n.jpg
TX Defence update : PAF F-16 Block 52+ spotted with CFTs (Conformal fuel tanks),BVR AMRAAM AIM-120 C5,GBU-38 500 Lbs and JHMDS (Joint helmet mounted display system)

its old story dear i will never buy it :D

well guys its not the issue now its only a base we have many many big and well bases we will keep JFT at many places and just leave shahbaz for block-52 and MLU its clear once for ever now .we have more 10 major air bases then why we just fight over shahbaz ?

if all F-16 are on the same base. . . . . . . . i think its easy target . . . . . .. . . . . . and enemy can destroy just in one go . . . . think it . . . .

if all F-16 are on the same base i think its easy target and enemy can destroy just in one go . . . . think it . . . .

they will sure go left right at time of war as we seen them before at high times moved to skardu mushaf faisal and others but in peace time they will be on two places mushaf and shahbaz .MLU will be free to go left right even peace time but the issue is with only BLOCK-52 at peace times they have to be at shahbaz .

they will sure go left right at time of war as we seen them before at high times moved to skardu mushaf faisal and others but in peace time they will be on two places mushaf and shahbaz .MLU will be free to go left right even peace time but the issue is with only BLOCK-52 at peace times they have to be at shahbaz .

....no...the Block 52s don't "have" to be at Shahbaz.....they can be at any base, as long as Chinese technicians wouldn't have access to them. As many of PAF bases have Chinese infrastructure/access, it would have made it difficult to place BLK 52s there. Plus, as Americans left Shahbaz, PAF decided to make it a full airbase, as Sindh hardly has any major airbases, and in times of war, aircraft from Shahbaz can be vectored both east and west in almost equal time.

....no...the Block 52s don't "have" to be at Shahbaz.....they can be at any base, as long as Chinese technicians wouldn't have access to them. As many of PAF bases have Chinese infrastructure/access, it would have made it difficult to place BLK 52s there. Plus, as Americans left Shahbaz, PAF decided to make it a full airbase, as Sindh hardly has any major airbases, and in times of war, aircraft from Shahbaz can be vectored both east and west in almost equal time.

ohh man why should we move them in first place? its not only planes but many other things also be moved to weapons equipments ground crew and so much they are doing best at shahbaz . i agree with you as we seen flood times we move them to Samungli. or they were laned at Samungli before arrived to shahbaz . let these 18 stay at shahbaz man whats the issue here ? we agree in terms of US because we got so many nice things with these 18 like sniper pods DB-110 amraams JHMS GBUs JDAMs APG-68(V)9 radars CFTs new mavricks and USA take care of these items to fall in chines hands as they know well our relations with china .

New F-16 Block 52s Moved to Samungli Air Base Near Quetta

Three of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF)’s newest acquisitions Block 52 F-16 jet fighters – previously stationed at the Shahbaz airbase near Jacobabad – have been moved to the Samungli airbase near Quetta, sources told The Express Tribune on Saturday. The Shahbaz base was under the threat of being flooded in August. The exact date on which the jets were flown to Quetta could not be ascertained.However, an official said that the jets will be moved back to the Shahbaz airbase as soon the flood situation improves.The report said that some members of the technical support team from the Lockheed Martin (the aircraft manufacturer and other officials of the US Air Force, had left the Shahbaz airbase for Quetta, but other members are still there.

Over 22 water lifting pumps are dumping back the floodwaters from the canal back into the Indus River. The base is safe and secure because of this extraordinary safety plan, built with the financial and technical assistance of the US at a cost of millions of dollars.The fleet of F-16 aircraft arrived in June at the newly-upgraded base, which is under the PAF’s Southern Air Command. Earlier, the base, was being used as a Forward Operating Base by the PAF, but very recently it has been upgraded to house the new F-16 aircraft by installing equipment and radar system.
Read More

New F-16s moved to air base near Quetta – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom