What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

^ these shields cant garantee incoming missile destruction , instead spend the meagre money we have on weapons that will hurt the enemy e.g cruise missiles and j10b

offense is the best defense

i agree, however my concern is what would happen if enemy starts firing missiles on our bases, and on strategic facilities?
we need some missiles like HQ-9, to atleast take out short range ballistic missiles and cruise missiles...

Irrelevant and plain wrong. If you shoot a person in the head... Does it matter how tall he is? If you eliminate close to the border the cities like Dilli or Mumbai. If you are close to the silicon valley... What do you think you will do with clean Bihar? Spare me your big and great India logic please.

Chennai, Banglaore, Ahemdabad, Hyderabad(Ind), Kolkata,Chandigarh, Gurgaon are too big cities.
Infact Chennai and Banglaore are bigger than Delhi.
And if Pak fires one missile then Ind would also fire one. Its tit for tat(true for both sides). If Pak fires missiles at all the cities then Ind would also look for alt sites for bombing.
That will cause massive devistation.

Chennai, Banglaore, Ahemdabad, Hyderabad(Ind), Kolkata,Chandigarh, Gurgaon are too big cities.
And if Pak fires one missile then Ind would also fire one. Its tit for tat(true for both sides). If Pak fires missiles at all the cities then Ind would also look for alt sites for bombing.

yep! doomsday scenario

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

^^^BTW this is a F-16 thread not a WMD thread - pls revert to F-16s

So what will India achieve by doing anything? It will never win. If that is a superpower then anyone is a superpower. I rest my case and thanks for providing the data I wanted. ;)

F-16-block52_night.jpg

F-16D Block52 breaking the silence of night with sound of the after burners.

just uploaded it -- audio might take a couple of hours to be audioswapped -- probably the best audioswap song available in this duration !

i didnt realize i had 100+ pics of paf blk52+ :azn:

Last edited by a moderator:
We started our F-16 MLUs in October last year. Now it's July, so almost 10 months have passed. Any idea how many F-16s have been MLUed so far and if we have received any?

We started our F-16 MLUs in October last year. Now it's July, so almost 10 months have passed. Any idea how many F-16s have been MLUed so far and if we have received any?

shd follow the thread closely - since you are a close personal friend, i will update you.

4 - a/c are in US for MLU - to be returned in Jan-2012
6 - a/c are in Turkey for MLU - total time required is 42 months for full MLU pkg to complete.

shd follow the thread closely - since you are a close personal friend, i will update you.

4 - a/c are in US for MLU - to be returned in Jan-2012
6 - a/c are in Turkey for MLU - total time required is 42 months for full MLU pkg to complete.

42 months means 3+ years, if every thing (political,miltary) situation with US remains f9, which is not good at the moment infact. Then this process would be completed in 2014. And little delay could take it to 2016 or may be more when I believe that value of these AC's wouldn't be as imp as its now.

Pakistan to Exercise Options for More F-16s

By USMAN ANSARI
Published: 15 Jul 2011 17:36

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan is in the final stages of exercising an option to buy 18 more F-16 Block 52+ fighters, which would double its fleet of the Fighting Falcon's advanced variant, said Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank.

Deliveries of the 18 "Peace Drive I" planes, currently Pakistan's most capable aircraft, were completed in December under a 2006 contract. The contract, including the 18-plane option, was then valued at $3 billion.

A planned upgrade to F-16A/B Block 15 aircraft will bring them up to the Block 40 standard as well. They are currently being put through the Falcon STAR (Structural Augmentation Roadmap) program, and undergoing Mid-Life Update (MLU) at the hands of Turkish Aerospace Industries in Turkey.

In 2006, the value of 60 MLU kits was quoted as $1.3 billion. The upgrade was approved for 45 Block 15s, and now has been curtailed at 35 planes, Khan said.

The reason for this is uncertain.

Khan notes that U.S. Navy has refused to release 14 ex-Pakistani F-16s that were part of the "Peace Gate III/IV" order of 71 planes. These aircraft were embargoed before delivery under the Pressler Amendment in the 1990s and eventually found a home with the Navy's aggressor units.

For complete article, please refer to the following link.....

(defensenews.com/story.php?i=7106738&c=ASI&s=AIR)

in my humble opinion, unless there are 'concessions' of some considerable kind -- we should focus more on the Thunder program as it is a very promising and cost-effective one and refrain from exercising any option to go for 18 further new block F-16s

block 52 equivalent F-16s (42 in number) in tandem with block 30 & 2 squadrons of "bonus" F16 C/D block 52s is sufficient as far as the F16 program is concerned. . .

we must let the cost-effective and "stringless" options to mature....We will be saving money and still have a formidable option with much space for future upgrades and modernization.

especially at a time when it is the military itself stating that economic security and national security go hand-in-hand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom