What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Not sure why most Pakistani's fail to read the writing on the wall. This is where I agree with @MastanKhan when he talks about the deplorable stupidity and lack of knowledge and perspective of young Pakistanis despite having free access to the internet. People still believe the KSA would finance US military hardware for Pakistan.

I believe we are done with new F-16s and have slim chances on used ones for the foreseeable future.
It’s a medium Chinese platform as a stop gap strike fighter and then all focus on further JF blocks and AZM.

Not sure why most Pakistani's fail to read the writing on the wall. This is where I agree with @MastanKhan when he talks about the deplorable stupidity and lack of knowledge and perspective of young Pakistanis despite having free access to the internet. People still believe the KSA would finance US military hardware for Pakistan.
PEACE GATE I & II, according to one of the first pilots to fly Vipers mentioned that it was partly Saudi financed. Not sure how accurate that is....

this love for anything Arab needs to stop now!! They have clearly shown what we or Muslim Ummah means to them. What is going to happen to them or not, should not be our concern.

We need to forge our own alliances which dove tail with our priorities and vision. And mend fences where we need to, to suit our needs. No obsession with Brotherly nor equal relationships. Can you believe it when we want equal relationship with US or for that matter China!!

this love for anything Arab needs to stop now!! They have clearly shown what we or Muslim Ummah means to them. What is going to happen to them or not, should not be our concern.

We need to forge our own alliances which dove tail with our priorities and vision. And mend fences where we need to, to suit our needs. No obsession with Brotherly nor equal relationships. Can you believe it when we want equal relationship with US or for that matter China!!

There's no such thing as the "ummah". Pakistan and other muslim countries have been criticising the gulf states for normalising relations with Israel and "selling out" the Palestinians, but are more than happy to continue the "deeper than seas, higher than mountains" relationship with China despite the Uighur issue and selling JF-17 to Myanmar. The "nuclear factor" is the primary interest of the gulf states in Pakistan.

On the Viper front, I doubt we'll see any new airframes. Used examples are a possibility, as well as upgrades, but other than that, US/Pakistan military ties will gradually fade.

Don't know who we are.

And it was via FMS. Like I mentioned previously, not sure how accurate that was....
ok so why the 10 years drama about 3.4b dollars that we sued USA then ultimately got paid in soya bean..come on!!!

This brings us back to the F-16s debacle. When the Pressler sanctions came into force, Pakistan was precluded from taking possession of 28 F-16s for which it had made payments until 1993, some three years after the sanctions commenced. Pakistan paid the Lockheed Corp. $658 million for the planes, and some reports suggest that Pakistan continued making payments based on Pentagon assurances that continued payments would ensure eventual delivery.

Pakistan did not get the planes and was assessed storage and maintenance costs of $50,000 per month for the planes that sat, becoming ever more obsolete, in the Arizona desert. This account is telling: Pakistan preferred to heed the roseate advice of the Pentagon over the clear lines of U.S. law.

Under threat of a Pakistani lawsuit, U.S. president Bill Clinton resolved the issue in late 1998. Pakistan received $464 million, mostly in cash, which was the remaining amount of the claim. Clinton also agreed to send Pakistan an additional $60 million worth of wheat. (New Zealand ultimately purchased the F-16s on a 10-year lease-purchase deal that totaled $105 million.)

Don't know who we are.

And it was via FMS. Like I mentioned previously, not sure how accurate that was....
we means the poor people of Pakistan dying of hunger in 1990s..

Sir,

What Love of Ummah needs to stop---?

We refused them when they came begging for help---we insulted humiliated and degraded them in their hour of need---.

When we go out and beg for help---we need to expect that they will come to us in their hour of need----.

And we may not agree that their hour of need meets our morality---but still it is our obligation of a nation with character to help---.

You cannot pick and chose your hour of help---.

When you have asked for help for your survival---payback is a bi-tch Mr Aamir Hussein.

Remember the GODFATHER movie---when that restaurant owner comes to help avenge his daughters molester. @ 2:45

@ 2:45---when they came asking for help---we slapped them on their faces.

We received help from the GCC at every crisis that we had and when the GCC needed our help---came begging to our house---you rejected and humiliated and degraded them sir---.

That is unforgivable.

"Shahid Khaqan Abbasi", wasn't he used to be in the PAF ? F-16 Pilot or something ?
no he wasnt I am sure. but his father was in PAF and a commodore
I think he got pilot licence abroad but there is no info of him flying commercial airlines he has been a pilot a civilian pilot of small planes maybe.

as PM he got the chance to sit in an F-16 just like ride the submarine and the T-129 helicopter too

@MIRauf

He is a Pilot and Jahaz same time, aik soota landa se ti jaaz ban janda se....

1606420019889.png

1606420037326.png

1606420081535.png

Sir,

What Love of Ummah needs to stop---?

We refused them when they came begging for help---we insulted humiliated and degraded them in their hour of need---.

When we go out and beg for help---we need to expect that they will come to us in their hour of need----.

And we may not agree that their hour of need meets our morality---but still it is our obligation of a nation with character to help---.

You cannot pick and chose your hour of help---.

When you have asked for help for your survival---payback is a bi-tch Mr Aamir Hussein.

Remember the GODFATHER movie---when that restaurant owner comes to help avenge his daughters molester. @ 2:45

@ 2:45---when they came asking for help---we slapped them on their faces.

We received help from the GCC at every crisis that we had and when the GCC needed our help---came begging to our house---you rejected and humiliated and degraded them sir---.

That is unforgivable.

future F-16 procurement will need to be without bothering our Arab associates. lets just keep exercising with them on Falcon meet and if they agree to sell something after discussing with Americans then take it with thanks otherwise look elsewhere.

Lala I am told by former colleagues and some associates that we did send retired mercenaries aka consultants and some serving personnel for the Saudi campaign in Yemen,. of course it is not the level and satisfaction of our Saudi brothers but still it was done.

I have no way of confirming or finding more details but over the years from Baluchistan to KPK and Azad Kashmir I have met serving and retired people who mentioned their friends and associates who went away specifically to take part in the war.
it shouldve been all or nothing in my opinion with national interest as a primary concern. I find it hard to accept as fear/ love of Iran or care for Yemani people prevented our Military civil janta from sending our guys all out. I blame it on indecision.

@araz - You're a brilliant analyst. One of brightest ones here to say the least.

--------------​

This issue has been raised on a number of occasions and we're been bombarded with countless b.s statements by Posters.

Q. Why should we sacrifice our boys as like pawns on a Chess Board for someone else?

Q. Why don't posters send their f#*kin' kids & grandkids to fight against Yemen? What, are they too much of pussies to pick up a gun?!!

Not sure why people confuse kindness for weakness.

Just because I go to a friends door and ask him for money every now and again, doesn't mean i'm gonna take a bullet for the cunt.

But when certain individuals live on the other end of the rainbow - its easier to have someone else's child killed in a foreign country just so that they can log-on to PDF & brag that they are quite possibly/most certainly the smartest one on the forum. F-OFF!!!

*oops* I hope people didn't take my Post as a direct Threat & start a Topic 'bout it without tagging me (again).

@araz - You're a brilliant analyst. One of brightest ones here to say the least.

--------------​

This issue has been raised on a number of occasions and we're been bombarded with countless b.s statements by Posters.

Q. Why should we sacrifice our boys as like pawns on a Chess Board for someone else?

Q. Why don't posters send their f#*kin' kids & grandkids to fight against Yemen? What, are they too much of pussies to pick up a gun?!!

Not sure why people confuse kindness for weakness.

Just because I go to a friends door and ask him for money every now and again, doesn't mean i'm gonna take a bullet for the cunt.

But when certain individuals live on the other end of the rainbow - its easier to have someone else's child killed in a foreign country just so that they can log-on to PDF & brag that they are quite possibly/most certainly the smartest one on the forum. F-OFF!!!

*oops* I hope people didn't take my Post as a direct Threat & start a Topic 'bout it without tagging me (again).
😂 why doe

Back
Top Bottom