What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

I think its still sitting on station.
Nope, it's on taxiway( check out the heat blur) nvm I inquired from a buddy and he said these are removed before take off when aircrafts are lined up in holding area

Nope, it's on taxiway( check out the heat blur) nvm I inquired from a buddy and he said these are removed before take off when aircrafts are lined up in holding area
Yes i believe they are removed once well clear of the station area.

108947436_3040715662702374_6913474024141553343_o-jpg.661055

For deception purposes, can JF-17 be disguised as F-16: visually and on radar as well as vice versa ?

For deception purposes, can JF-17 be disguised as F-16: visually and on radar as well as vice versa ?
Visually how?

For radar,thermal signatures,radar signatures and radar cross-section of both aircrafts are different so not possible?

Edit : By visually if you mean for AAAs and ManPads,for them aircraft type doesn't matter,they have to shoot it down whatever the type maybe.

Also these days visual targeting by air defense is almost gone,our JF-17s and F-16s conduct most of their anti terror as well as training ops over range at very high altitudes (not saying they dont conduct low alt ops) using TGPs,they don't need to come at low level so a AAA trying to take it out visually is unlikely (ignore that Parwaz hy Junoon stupid/unrealistic scenario in which ADF is dropping an LGB at 500ft )

Last edited:
There is a growing perception within Indian community that they shot down a Jf17 instead of F16 during Swift Retort.

(Definitely they are desperately trying to find middle ground between 'No F16 was shot down' and 'IAF shot down PAF aircraft')

I guess your question is directed towards this notion?

There is a growing perception within Indian community that they shot down a Jf17 instead of F16 during Swift Retort.

(Definitely they are desperately trying to find middle ground between 'No F16 was shot down' and 'IAF shot down PAF aircraft')

Whatever the notion that these guys can wish for their own satisfaction; one thing is sure that most of them are using google image search.

If you are referring to something like operation Bolo with F-4s pretending to be F-105s , it may be possible but difficult. Most airborne radars have NTCR capabilities today - so depending upon the equipment they can discern what is airborne. Same reason the Indians attempt to hide behind airliners was caught with 30 minute notice.

Why I would not make any effort in this regard other than managing our perception with other nationalities is because it is beneath the general Indian to agree to even equality with a Pakistani and they will not do it come hell or high water.

Back
Top Bottom