What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Pak was buying for a long time from Israel, just under the table, and through third parties.

Venezuela is still flying Vipers without US support and they have Israeli manufactured systems installed a couple of years ago. Yes it will be an issue for PAF hence that option is not available. Plus Venezuela love their Vipers, not ready to let them go yet

When Pak bought 18 F-16 Block 52, there were 18 more options that were also approved. I realized this after a long time. So, perhaps it is possible to acquire (not saying Pak is acquiring) F-16s now, before the elections. 8 + 8EDA would be beautiful.

Pak was buying for a long time from Israel, just under the table, and through third parties.

When Pak bought 18 F-16 Block 52, there were 18 more options that were also approved. I realized this after a long time. So, perhaps it is possible to acquire (not saying Pak is acquiring) F-16s now, before the elections. 8 + 8EDA would be beautiful.
GD (eventually LM) was still sending parts. F-16 pilot yearly hours barely dropped even during embargo. If it was through Israel then it must have been black market.

But what about the "kills switches"? In another thread you were bemoaning the PAF for still using the Vipers because they are compromised by the mythical "kill switches".

I think we are already very late to regarding F-16s up-gradation (F-16V). AESA radar is essential element to counter Rafale.

GD (eventually LM) was still sending parts. F-16 pilot yearly hours barely dropped even during embargo. If it was through Israel then it must have been black market.

Pak bought a lot more than spare parts from Israel... one key capability of the 90s was from Israel via a third party. @denel probably knows a lot about it.

which key capability ?

There is nothing official. What you are talking about is probably black market purchases being handled by parties present in Israel of Israeli persons itself selling unofficially technological items.
Pak bought a lot more than spare parts from Israel... one key capability of the 90s was from Israel via a third party. @denel probably knows a lot about it.

https://www.falcons.pk/photo/General-Dynamics-F-16C-Fighting-Falcon/2010

Photo-2010.JPG

red flag exercise quite a while back----just to show that IAF is actively training with USAF aggressor squadrons
and in the past they also have been training with F-15's.

And on all those occasions it didn't end well for the IAF. 27th last showed that they hadn't learnt anything.

Back
Top Bottom