What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

F-16C Block 52 without CFT's in a dive bombing action.

93190376_1147766832256013_5457460122341081088_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 11.16.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 11.18.03 PM.png

that's why i mentioned the words of a USAF maintenance crew about the maintenance of PAF jets. i think you can still get that on F-16.net. even one F7 pilot who is a friend of mine told me that sometimes we have to press a switch multiple times to get the desired function. there is no doubt that we are operating jets which are in museums world wide. the world is retiring the F-16s which is our frontline fighter. keep on living in dreams of professionalism but we cant deny the fact that we lost 4 jets in 3 months in 2020 alone and lost 3 pilots. one of them could be due to pilot error.
Mostly BS!

that's why i mentioned the words of a USAF maintenance crew about the maintenance of PAF jets. i think you can still get that on F-16.net.

Highly unlikely. There is a reason why mission capability rates of PAF F-16s are above average. It means good maintenance, careful flying and fewer experiments.

even one F7 pilot who is a friend of mine told me that sometimes we have to press a switch multiple times to get the desired function.

Not possible.

Engineering mishaps happen. But in 99% of the times, they are hidden Such as hydraulic leaks leading to electrical/power failures. However, avionics not working means everyone from Avionics guy (an airmen) to OC Engg (a Group Captain) will be going home. You have no idea how lethal GDP's are towards engineers when it comes to such failures.

there is no doubt that we are operating jets which are in museums world wide. the world is retiring the F-16s which is our frontline fighter. keep on living in dreams of professionalism but we cant deny the fact that we lost 4 jets in 3 months in 2020 alone and lost 3 pilots. one of them could be due to pilot error.

This is not a mature analysis. B-52's, KC-135's and Tornado's are still flying. Good maintenance, excellent pilot training, and intelligent mission planning increase the life of these machines. We usually lose F-7s and Mirages because transition from K-8s to F-7s and Mirages is a significant leap in terms of speed and complexity both. A few decades ago, these fighters were in the front line squadrons while jets like FT-5, FT-6 served as intermediaries. And I must say, the FT-5's and FT-6s were excellent bridge between K-8/T-37 to F-7s and Mirages. F-16s were piloted by more mature pilots hence a very low attrition rate.

Let's not make untrue assumptions.

PAF's crash rate relative to its operational tempo is phenomenal and above average. Even with old planes. I think some posts here are childish. This is typical of the disdainful tones and dismissive monologues - one never gets that tone from a former officer or anyone of reasonably good breeding.

Yes, to our wannabe analyst, BBC, CNN, Fox News, etc is "the world". "The World" has said PAF bad. Okay, thanks for the enlightenment.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom