What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

A mix of JF-17 block III's alongside some Viper's is the best thing for PAF ye

Vipers are so obsolete... world is ordering F-35 and we are dreaming of Viper for the next decades :D thank God PAF is not as shortsighted

Id rather order J-31's than vipers

Vipers are so obsolete... world is ordering F-35 and we are dreaming of Viper for the next decades :D thank God PAF is not as shortsighted

its a only a handful of countries that are ordering F-35 and they wont be replacing plane for plane with F-35. vipers are going to fly even among the premier airforces as+ Gen fighters for decades to come

I sincerely hope you are joking. Everyone who CAN order the F-35 will, everyone who CANNOT will go for the Block 72, which is ONE OF THE MOST ADVANCED 4+ GENERATION FIGHTERS ON THE MARKET, a block 70/72 will bring EVERY aircraft in the subcontinent to its knees. The funny part is AS SOON AS the US resumes CSF/FMF and offers a line of credit the PAF will be all over the Block 72. I feel like you are trolling at this point.

They are with AESA along AIM120D are good for another 40yrs with room for further upgrades.
It's just design is old rest it's new plane inside can take on any plane.plus Bonus PAF have trained crew infrastructure at place.

They are with AESA along AIM120D are good for another 40yrs with room for further upgrades.
It's just design is old rest it's new plane inside can take on any plane.plus Bonus PAF have trained crew infrastructure at place.

Id argue that the design isnt even old, the airframe has changed a fair bit (atleast materials wise) from the days of the legacy falcon. Its a whole new beast tbh

Id argue that the design isnt even old, the airframe has changed a fair bit (atleast materials wise) from the days of the legacy falcon. Its a whole new beast tbh
Blk 70 is a great plane true more composite material. I am Sure PAF will go after Blk70 since we are back in FMS I hope we will get good number I wish original 75 vipers blk 52 that what PAF wanted 2005 let's see this time since no blk 52 let's have Blk70 also upgrade current vipers to V

Blk 70 is a great plane true more composite material. I am Sure PAF will go after Blk70 since we are back in FMS I hope we will get good number I wish original 75 vipers blk 52 that what PAF wanted 2005 let's see this time since no blk 52 let's have Blk70 also upgrade current vipers to V
agreed

CSF must be settled before any serious talk of new or used F-16s coming to PAF. I’ve heard Pakistan might be asking as much as $12 billion. The question is: how much will US give to Pakistan? Once the number is settled things should fall in place.
My answer is a big fat 0. Sorry but the US has no intentions of paying any of its dues unless we have its tIl under our boots and that moment has long passed. I cannot blame them either as this is a business dealing and we have not claimed our dues in advance.
A

J31 is not ready. If it were we would not be having this debate rather we would have been inducting them.
A

My answer is a big fat 0. Sorry but the US has no intentions of paying any of its dues unless we have its tIl under our boots and that moment has long passed. I cannot blame them either as this is a business dealing and we have not claimed our dues in advance.
A
We should try to get indirectly ..ask for debt relief or food products we import that can be subsituted by american products otherwise you are right

J31 is not ready. If it were we would not be having this debate rather we would have been inducting them.
A
And I hope it does not come. There also some strings attached with Chinese deals. Most Chinese aircraft have to be modified for PAF standards, that includes a lot of western incorporation. The cost of maintenance becomes very high if they are to meet the high and mighty flight hours annually.

And I hope it does not come. There also some strings attached with Chinese deals. Most Chinese aircraft have to be modified for PAF standards, that includes a lot of western incorporation. The cost of maintenance becomes very high if they are to meet the high and mighty flight hours annually.
I think of the choices we have on the table it would have been the most likely given our strained relationship with Uncle Sam. Even if the US route were to open up we would still want older platforms to upgrade while Lockmart will want to sell us brand spanking new toys to make money off of us which we do not have.
I understand the problems associated with the Chinese ACs but it is a question of our needs. I filly agree that a home grown solution would now be the best one for PAF. However the question to which no one has a satisfactory answer is whether we need anything in between now and the induction of project Azm.
A

Lockheed%2BMartin%2BContinues%2BProduction%2Bof%2BSniper%2BATP%2Bfor%2BIndonesia%2Band%2BThailand.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom