What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Late 90's: F-16B #606 | Flanker killer

View attachment 622302

Early 2000s - F-16A #727 #728 | Griffins
View attachment 622303

On 22nd July 2014, F-16BM (Serial #82602) Flown by the then OC 9 squadron, Wg Cmdr Azman Khali and Sqn Ldr Asim, took off at 2000 hrs from Sargodha.

Reached target area over South Waziristan as part of Operation Zarb-e-Azab. The aircraft was equipped with 2 x 500lb JDAMs. As the LGB was released, it exploded prematurely thus damaging the aircraft. As aircraft fell down like a brick, Azman Khalil took control from S/L Asim and recovered the aircraft from a flat spin.

It was realized that the aircraft will not make it back to Sargodha due to fuel and hydraulic pipes leaking, PAF Base Chakala was put on alert and the aircraft touches down. The aircraft was unable to stop since the throttle was not responding. The aircraft takes off again. Pilot asks ATC to install safety nets at the end fo the runway The aircraft makes the second attempt and stops by hitting the net at the end of the runway. The aircraft engine was switched off from outside by the aircrew.

The aircraft was later repaired at PAC Kamra ARF facility and returned to service within a year's time.

View attachment 622304

F-16D Block 52 | Falcons

View attachment 622305
I thought it landed at M M Alam base.

Also I never understood how did it go off prematurely, because arming delay is a must and a pilot like Azman Khalil cant miss this check.

P.s The picture of repaired viper was taken at Mushaf.

Notice the name on the aircraft:
IMG-20200303-WA0013_20200410201125718.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t lie, from day one you were anti Jf17. For years you opposed the JF17. You wanted PAF to buy Mirage 2000. You are so dumb that you most probably don’t even remember it. You are just a total fake and a liar with no knowledge of the topics you pretend to be a expert on and those who fall for you on this forum are nothing but a bunch of idiots.

Hi,

The time frame of the M2k was starting from the mid 80's first---then the mid 90's---then the early 2000's---.

With the procurement in the mid 80's or the mid 90's of M2K's---at each step---The Manifest DESTINY Of Pakistan---would have changed drastically---.

It is just like a cut you receive on your leg and you don't care about it---it gets ulcerated----gangrene sets in and ultimately your leg is cut off---.

But OTOH---you picked up a tube of antibiotic---cleaned the wound and applied the ointment and within a couple of days---that same cut is healed---.

And you have no clue what life would have been without a leg---unless you are a jew or one who has lived in cold frozen climates all their lives---.

So---it ends in the choices we make---. The choices that Paf made for two decades---made pakistan weaker and weaker militarily---. Being militarily weaker---we could not assert our national point of view over our enemy---who had gotten a free reign to do whatsoever against us for close to 30 years and we did not have an answer for them---.

You would not do with your personal assets and treat them in a manner that Paf treated Pakistan's integrity---.

After the TTP---Paf was the biggest source of internal sabotage on the integrity of Pakistan---.

Last edited:
I thought it landed at M M Alam base.

Also I never understood how did it go off prematurely, because arming delay is a must and a pilot like Azman Khalil cant miss this check.

P.s The picture of repaired viper was taken at Mushaf.

Notice the name on the aircraft:
View attachment 622514

You are damn right!

I wrote that narrative from my memory. I confused between MM Alam and Nur Khan. Edited.Thanks!

The inquiry was ordered but the bomb debris was not found.

You are damn right!

I wrote that narrative from my memory. I confused between MM Alam and Nur Khan. Edited.Thanks!

The inquiry was ordered but the bomb debris was not found.
Arming delay settings should be in DTC as well..maybe.Anyhow PAF never releases accident details for public so we'll never know.Also I was told that Lockheed refused to repair or provide any support for the F-16 Infact they asked to scrap it.Kudos to PAC Kamra for restoring it.

Hi,

You are mixing up different things---and I understand as a pakistani---you will have a difficult time understanding it---because your abbaji or Baray abbaji never told you something like that would happen---so cannot comprehend it---.

The time frame of the M2k was starting from the mid 80's first---then the mid 90's---then the early 2000's---.

With the procurement in the mid 80's or the mid 90's of M2K's---The Manifest DESTINY Of Pakistan---would have changed drastically---.

It is just like a cut you receive on your leg and you don't care about it---it gets ulcerated----gangrene sets in and ultimately your leg is cut off---.

But OTOH---you picked up a tube of antibiotic---cleaned the wound and applied the ointment and within a couple of days---that same cut is healed---.

So---it ends in the choices we make---. The choices that Paf made for two decades---made pakistan weaker and weaker militarily---. Being militarily weaker---we could not assert our national point of view over our enemy---who had gotten a free reign to do whatsoever against us for close to 30 years and did not have an answer for them---.

You would not do with your personal assets and treat them in a manner that Paf treated Pakistan's integrity---.

After the TTP---Paf was the biggest source of internal sabotage on the integrity of Pakistan---.
Mastan please behave like your age. I'd like to believe your abbaji or baray abbaji taught you to respond seriously. It was a good post with the numbers you mentioned earlier https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistan-f-16-discussions-2.15226/page-839#post-12219773

Arming delay settings should be in DTC as well..maybe.Anyhow PAF never releases accident details for public so we'll never know.Also I was told that Lockheed refused to repair or provide any support for the F-16 Infact they asked to scrap it.Kudos to PAC Kamra for restoring it.
I hope PAF releases a summarised and unrestricted investigation report for the Viper that crashed in Islamabad this year. The public deserves to know the truth, that F-16 belonged to them just as it did for the air force.

Who doesn’t wish for such what you want, 25% larger proportional aircraft.

Wouldn’t that be too Perfect for PAF? That should have been the path since start. Kia bol sakte hain ab. Light weight light weight, sab dil behlana hai.

In the age of BVR, be a BVR truck.

Medium weight are the perfect fighters in my book, They are better maneuverable if and when needed, as compared to heavies, usually have a good strong engine, Can carry the perfect payload package.

Bigger surface area, means bigger lift and larger carrying capacity
but it also means much larger drag.
You cannot have one without other.

The limiting factor when it comes to engineering is the engine, then MTBR then economics.

I hope PAF releases a summarised and unrestricted investigation report for the Viper that crashed in Islamabad this year. The public deserves to know the truth, that F-16 belonged to them just as it did for the air force.

Hi,

I doubt that will ever happen---. Truth will never come out.

The american analysts video was as close to the truth that will come out---.

The basic fundamental flaw in the flight was in mixing the topography / different altitude terrain in the flight path of the aircraft ---.

Did we not have an air blue accident when the Fasting induced diabetic incidence made the pilot make a bad decision regarding location and altitude and slammed the passenger aircraft into the margalla hills.

You also yourself knew it right from the gitgo what had happened---. With your background it is impossible that you did not know---.

I had known about that american aerobatic team's F16 crash in the US and the altitude input error---and I commented about that in my earlier posts on the subject matter---.

Hi,

Okay---thank you for your input---. I don't have a problem with that---. You have a right to have your opinion---.

Mirage2K is just an aircraft that we could get without much conditions---. So what is the issue with that---.

Mirage-2000 would have required upgrades which would not have been possible because of India's influence on France.
Pakistan was only able to get F-16s because of Pakistan's contribution in WOT.

Khirki kholkay bhar phenkdain?
ya phir abhinandon ki tharah kha jai.

Hi,

I doubt that will ever happen---. Truth will never come out.

The american analysts video was as close to the truth that will come out---.

The basic fundamental flaw in the flight was in mixing the topography / different altitude terrain in the flight path of the aircraft ---.

Did we not have an air blue accident when the Fasting induced diabetic incidence made the pilot make a bad decision regarding location and altitude and slammed the passenger aircraft into the margalla hills.

You also yourself knew it right from the gitgo what had happened---. With your background it is impossible that you did not know---.

I had known about that american aerobatic team's F16 crash in the US and the altitude input error---and I commented about that in my earlier posts on the subject matter---.
Haven't read the report on the airblue incident (had just finished high school around that time) other than the narrative you pointed out, but heard the jet crash. Was stuck at Islamabad due to the floods that year.

The American analysts did put out valid variables. I still say it was misjudged maneuver profile by the pilot, as he made the mistake of entering a Split S minus a roll and the slight increase in altitude. Previous Viper demos have been flown flawlessly and that too during rehearsals. His fatal crash once again proved that he was human.

Back
Top Bottom