What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Arming delay settings should be in DTC as well..maybe.Anyhow PAF never releases accident details for public so we'll never know.Also I was told that Lockheed refused to repair or provide any support for the F-16 Infact they asked to scrap it.Kudos to PAC Kamra for restoring it.
I was of the thought that it was repaired by Lockheed Martin provided kits ..... as far as i remember wing on starboard side was totally damaged so if repair the wing without receiving it from lockheed then it is really a commendable job

I was of the thought that it was repaired by Lockheed Martin provided kits ..... as far as i remember wing on starboard side was totally damaged so if repair the wing without receiving it from lockheed then it is really a commendable job
No question about it. For sure they have been given limited support from the OEM.

Who doesn’t wish for such what you want, 25% larger proportional aircraft.

Wouldn’t that be too Perfect for PAF? That should have been the path since start. Kia bol sakte hain ab. Light weight light weight, sab dil behlana hai.

In the age of BVR, be a BVR truck.

Medium weight are the perfect fighters in my book, They are better maneuverable if and when needed, as compared to heavies, usually have a good strong engine, Can carry the perfect payload package.
What about RCS of those trucks?

Arming delay settings should be in DTC as well..maybe.Anyhow PAF never releases accident details for public so we'll never know.Also I was told that Lockheed refused to repair or provide any support for the F-16 Infact they asked to scrap it.Kudos to PAC Kamra for restoring it.

@Hodor

On what basis did LH refused to provide kit to repair the plane? I don't understand if PAC was able to repair it, did they want PAF to pay out for another full priced fighter?

@Hodor

On what basis did LH refused to provide kit to repair the plane? I don't understand if PAC was able to repair it, did they want PAF to pay out for another full priced fighter?
Could've been a spare parts issue. Might have had assistance from Turkey or so but I doubt LM completely said no to repairing the jet.

Could've been a spare parts issue. Might have had assistance from Turkey or so but I doubt LM completely said no to repairing the jet.
I remember a similar incident with a PK B747. It did a belly landing, and Boeing said it was a write off. PIA brought the bird back to life.

I remember a similar incident with a PK B747. It did a belly landing, and Boeing said it was a write off. PIA brought the bird back to life.
(late) Capt. Siraj. My aunt's father.

That was a miracle landing & he saved a lot of lives.

ap-ayw_acci_photo27a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom