What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Pakistan do not need j10 when they have tailor made jf17 which is almost as good as a j10. Two planes with overlapping characteristics is not worth it.

Jf17 block 3 is on its way to be a more capable fighter than f16.

What pakistan need is j31. Unfortunately, current j31 bleeds energy when it comes to STR. Hence, project Azm which in my opinion will be j31 with PAF specific enhancements.

Hey mate, weren't you a senior member here - what happened to your original account?

Pakistan do not need j10 when they have tailor made jf17 which is almost as good as a j10. Two planes with overlapping characteristics is not worth it.

Jf17 block 3 is on its way to be a more capable fighter than f16.

What pakistan need is j31. Unfortunately, current j31 bleeds energy when it comes to STR. Hence, project Azm which in my opinion will be j31 with PAF specific enhancements.

Hi

understand numbers. Pakistan is 150 frontline aircraft short at this moment.

Think with your brain and nit with your feet.

you have to feed 250 people and you only have food for 100 now give your explanation to the hungry crowd in front of you and tell them that 150 Rotis are not going to do anything and see what they do to you. They are the same as 100 Rotis that we have.

Hi

understand numbers. Pakistan is 150 frontline aircraft short at this moment.

Think with your brain and nit with your feet.

you have to feed 250 people and you only have food for 100 now give your explanation to the hungry crowd in front of you and tell them that 150 Rotis are not going to do anything and see what they do to you. They are the same as 100 Rotis that we have.
MK What ever PAF decided cat will out very soon may be next few months and I believe it's American Billa not Chinese or EU cat. F18 Super hornet is good option also affordable Kuwait bought 28 of them about 2 billion it very feasible for PAF or PN along used F16s with AESA. Every one is waiting for deal in Afghanistan after that CSF funds will be available for Pakistan.

Last edited:
J-10 will be bought as a last resort. If F-16 pans out (which is a big if, especially after feb 2019) they will likely be used models which will have an even smaller chance of being upgraded to V. If PN is lucky, US wont object to a turkish aesa upgrade but that is even less likely than the V upgrade. The most likely senario with F-16 will be sale of used from Jordan and possibly USAF stock and upgrades to current PAF standard with possible sale of MORE AMRAAM. But that is the best case senario.

Most likely PAF will continue on with JF-17. It may join TF-X OR get J-31 in small numbers while continuing to work on AZM.

J-10 will be bought as a last resort. If F-16 pans out (which is a big if, especially after feb 2019) they will likely be used models which will have an even smaller chance of being upgraded to V. If PN is lucky, US wont object to a turkish aesa upgrade but that is even less likely than the V upgrade. The most likely senario with F-16 will be sale of used from Jordan and possibly USAF stock and upgrades to current PAF standard with possible sale of MORE AMRAAM. But that is the best case senario.

Most likely PAF will continue on with JF-17. It may join TF-X OR get J-31 in small numbers while continuing to work on AZM.
It's basically the part in bold. Getting the most out of the JF-17 is currently the most cost-effective option, and -- while not ideal -- offers enough of a defensive capability. Not only that, but the PAF is evidently squeezing every savings it can get -- e.g., stick to a Chinese AESA radar and pick up mass-produced Chinese AAMs -- with JF-17.

Whatever money the PAF could have spent on an off-the-shelf fighter (e.g., $200-400 m a year for 10 years) will work into the development of Project AZM. And, to be frank, unless the US heavily subsidizes a F-16 deal for us, I don't think the PAF will let a dollar meant for AZM go to the US.

It's basically the part in bold. Getting the most out of the JF-17 is currently the most cost-effective option, and -- while not ideal -- offers enough of a defensive capability. Not only that, but the PAF is evidently squeezing every savings it can get -- e.g., stick to a Chinese AESA radar and pick up mass-produced Chinese AAMs -- with JF-17.

Whatever money the PAF could have spent on an off-the-shelf fighter (e.g., $200-400 m a year for 10 years) will work into the development of Project AZM. And, to be frank, unless the US heavily subsidizes a F-16 deal for us, I don't think the PAF will let a dollar meant for AZM go to the US.
Bilal if US offer F15x to replace AZM what Ur take??except stealth its at par with 5th Gen jetts along F35 for future F16 replacement? Something big about to happen my feelings.PAF another option TFX or J31 too??

Last edited:
Maybe they are waiting for this.
View attachment 606228
Now where have I seen that air intake before...
Oh yeah...
31f881d64b28e4df4a3a7917be4866a1.jpg

e7b500e9eb22fa4e5f3ecc277bbe4df2.jpg

i-McdgHdF-XL.jpg

:coffee:
Pakistani response :flame::flame::flame: will come after Trump's India visit to see if there will be a peace plan of lifetime like the one he proposed to Palestine
India not buying any thing big from US on Trump visit just 6 more Apachi and AD system not big as india and US point of view.

We see things according to Pak point of view not US. it's US interest Pak buy new plane from them that's what there profit and jobs are not used airframe So compromise is Old and New togather Win Win for both parties

India not buying any thing big from US on Trump visit just 6 more Apachi and AD system not big as india and US point of view.

We see things according to Pak point of view not US. it's US interest Pak buy new plane from them that's what there profit and jobs are not used airframe So compromise is Old and New togather Win Win for both parties

There is a profit standpoint and a geostrategic standpoint. From the US perspective, a strong Pakistan that is able to stand against India is not something the US wants. For whatever reason, the US believes India is the future of an Asia that is still subservient to US and China is not going to allow it, so it will act in India's interest. As such they dont want Pakistan to be strong, but at the same time they want it on the hook and dont want to let it go completely. They also dont want India to be without its own counterweight (Pakistan). As such they will provide just enough to give India a black eye and not be able to completely dominate Pakistan, but not enough for Pakistan to be feeling secure vis a vis India.

There is a profit standpoint and a geostrategic standpoint. From the US perspective, a strong Pakistan that is able to stand against India is not something the US wants. For whatever reason, the US believes India is the future of an Asia that is still subservient to US and China is not going to allow it, so it will act in India's interest. As such they dont want Pakistan to be strong, but at the same time they want it on the hook and dont want to let it go completely. They also dont want India to be without its own counterweight (Pakistan). As such they will provide just enough to give India a black eye and not be able to completely dominate Pakistan, but not enough for Pakistan to be feeling secure vis a vis India.
Wrong Pak is check over india from west and US. You think they will leave India like China to grow without any check on him. No not at all.India has future subject to peace with Pak and return back to prural India what Nehru or Gandhi thought not Modi india.Modi India has no future.

Wrong Pak is check over india from west and US. You think they will leave India like China to grow without any check on him. No not at all.India has future subject to peace with Pak and return back to prural India what Nehru or Gandhi thought not Modi india.Modi India has no future.
Please re-read my post. I said they also dont want india to grow unchecked and will arm Pakistan enough to give a black eye but not enough the it will ever be secure enough to stand toe to toe with India conventionally. They want enough fear of India to keep Pakistan in check and vis a versa.

Please re-read my post. I said they also dont want india to grow unchecked and will arm Pakistan enough to give a black eye but not enough the it will ever be secure enough to stand toe to toe with India conventionally. They want enough fear of India to keep Pakistan in check and vis a versa.

Which isn’t going to happen, as long we stay in China camp and then acquire enough armament to try and tilt the balance in our favor. Similar to how Russia was selling evyething to India we need to do the same with China.

Last edited:
Wish isn’t going to happen, as long we stay in China camp and then acquire enough armament to try and tilt the balance in our favor. Similar to how Russia was selling evyething to India we need to do the same with China.

If Pakistan arms itself via china then US has no reason to arm it as well. Its all about maintaining a precise conventional balance (tilted 70/30 to india) for the US. If china doesnt make up the deficit the US may sell. If it does, the US wont. Earning a few billion via pakistan is nothing to the US. It will give what it needs to maintain influence and not a cent more. I cant believe you guys still dont understand that.

Back
Top Bottom