What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

SABR AESA is still manufactured by USA, so it doesn't make a squat diddly difference whether Turkey can upgrade F-16s of other countries without having to seek USA's permission. Pakistan would still have to buy the radars from USA in the first place. Besides that point, do you see Turkey upgrading any of the F-16s with AESAs?

I don't know. The real variable is whether the US will actually care enough to stop it. If not, then it's all-green; if so, then no amount of contractual rights is going to save Pakistan IMHO.

If anything, I'd look at the Turkish AESA radar as an option for the JF-17 or Project Azm.

Last edited:
http://falcons.pk/photo/General-Dynamics-F-16A-ADF-Fighting-Falcon/1862

Photo-1862.JPG

Hi,

It is simply no the US---just as Pres Duterte mentioned---any congressman can get up and place sanctions on a contract / deal at any stage of the project---.

For that reason---the US cannot be trusted---.

With pakistan---what the US congress and senate is doing is hurting it bad---the will sign the deal---then they put sanctions just before the product is ready to be delivered---.

I don't know. The real variable is whether the US will actually care enough to stop it. If not, then it's all-green; if so, then no amount of contractual rights is going to save Pakistan IMHO.

If anything, I'd look at the Turkish AESA radar as an option for the JF-17 or Project Azm.
In my humble opinion the US would want its own pound of flesh if we wanted to upgrade the 16s which would include, getting us to buy more newer16s as well as upgrade kits. Due t oIAF not having an AAESA Radar so far they would use it as an excuse to not introduce newer hardware int othe region. So all in all it looks very unlikely unless the US gets entangled in Afghanistan.
A

How about use the competitive element here?

Send IK to deal directly with Trump, tell him that we have an offer of EF from Italy and the Chinese are offering J-10s, but if the deal is right, and the guarantee is solid, we would rather get F-16s, for old times sake. But if not, its not a big deal. It would bring $3 billions to the US. What say you chump?

18 Block 62s
36 EDA
Assorted spare parts to last PAF 10 years
Munitions
EW kit

All payable on delivery.

meanwhile, stop the supply line

F16 strike egal xl

If only there was a JFT XL

Send IK to deal directly with Trump, tell him that we have an offer of EF from Italy and the Chinese are offering J-10s, but if the deal is right, and the guarantee is solid, we would rather get F-16s, for old times sake. But if not, its not a big deal. It would bring $3 billions to the US. What say you chump?

18 Block 62s
36 EDA
Munitions
EW kit

All payable on delivery.

He says ok but cash only, so from where would we get $3 billion in these crunch financial times.

18 Block 62s
36 EDA
Munitions
EW kit

All payable on delivery.

Sir perhaps you are unaware that NATO/Allied forces in Afghanistan are functioning under UN mandate so if Pakistan stops supply line shall face harsh sanctions by UN

Sir perhaps you are unaware that NATO/Allied forces in Afghanistan are functioning under UN mandate so if Pakistan stops supply line shall face harsh sanctions by UN

Hi -
Actually, UN has no authority to force a country to cede supply lines. This is a fantasy. They can take other routes if they so wish. These false narratives are planted by a certain interest group that tries to undermine Pak's national interest. Just like the fake Musharaf era "they will bomb us to the stone age" while fully cooperating with the enemy from day zero.

He says ok but cash only, so from where would we get $3 billion in these crunch financial times.

True, I don't have an answer for that.

Hi -
Actually, UN has no authority to force a country to cede supply lines. This is a fantasy. They can take other routes if they so wish. These false narratives are planted by a certain interest group that tries to undermine Pak's national interest. Just like the fake Musharaf era "they will bomb us to the stone age" while fully cooperating with the enemy from day zero.
True, I don't have an answer for that.

Hi,

Really---did you need to write that comment---.

Saddam never believed that the US would attack before the 1st gulf war---.

Mullah Omar kept mixing up the word " Terrorist with Tourist---"---. Mullah Omar thought that the americans were calling OBL a "tourist" and asking him to kick out the tourist---. And then someone explained it to him what the real word was---by then it was too late---.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom