What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Sir, there can be a meaningful, thought provoking discussion here. Recently, we learnt Indonesia is going to buy 12 SU-35s through a barter agreement by exchanging food stuff. This is how you eat grass but get weapons at any cost. We could discuss this in Pakistan's context, but such a discussion cannot be conducted with that guy who will just label PAF as traitors and start ranting.

Despite being better off than Pakistan, Indonesia does great deals with their wider economy in mind. They not only got Jets via barter, they also improved their market access. Pakistan could learn from Indonesia. That is a great example BTW. Thanks for sharing.

Despite being better off than Pakistan, Indonesia does great deals with their wider economy in mind. They not only got Jets via barter, they also improved their market access. Pakistan could learn from Indonesia. That is a great example BTW. Thanks for sharing.
Learning.....that's a good one...

Or they want a reaction from it....it works in favour for them.

UAE did it in 3 years...

Hi,

From your lips to God's ears---it would be fantastic if it happened in that shortof a time---but it is not going to happen.

That product was american---if you are talking about the BLK60---all systems of that aircraft---built and manufactured by a proven industrial base---all weapons and weapons systems manufactured by known and proven manufacturers already in service---.

You are forgetting---pakistan is patially manufacturing this aircraft---a brand new fire control radar and EW warfare suite---a new HMD---new BVR and off bore sight missile---and then to top it off---a brand new aircraft---the BLK3---.

Each and every weapon to be integrated---all the bugs removed---an operational manual written---technicians trained---.

Pilots---they will have to un-learn flying with the conventional radar and then learn the aesa radar---.

I was very conservative last time---mentioned 6-10 years for BLK1---and it still is not fully integrated.

The BLK 3---realistically---8 to 12 years at least---.

Last time also---many came jumping on me---they were proved wrong---but none apologized---.

One of those very senior TT member---who I believe is a doctor as well---now uses my integration prophecy JF17 shamelessly---.

i highly doubt that state department or us foreign office or pentagon share all that coming out of Mr. Trump. i highly doubt that he can act on his words.

Hi,

What would you do if he does---? You pakistanis have been all talk and have done nothing except for in-fighting.

Last edited:
Hi,

From your lips to God's ears---it would be fantastic if it happened in that shortof a time.

You are forgetting---pakistan is manufacturing this aircraft---a brand new fire control radar and EW warfare suite---a new HMD---new BVR and off bore sight missile---and then to top it off---a brand new aircraft---the BLK3---.

Each and every weapon to be integrated---all the bugs removed---an operational manual written---technicians trained---.

Pilots---they will have to un-learn flying with the conventional radar and then learn the aesa radar---.

I was very conservative last time---mentioned 6-10 years for BLK1---and it still is not fully integrated.

Last time also---like of you came jumping on me---they were proved wrong---but none apologized---.

One of those very senior TT member---who I believe is a doctor as well---uses my integration prophecy JF17 shamelessly---.
I was talking about the F-16 Block 60. Their pilots and technicians were directly trained on that platform by the US ANG and Lockheed Martin, both in and out of country.

And I apologize to you for whatever has been done to you on my behalf if my comment upset your day. Please accept my apology in any way you can.

I was talking about the F-16 Block 60. Their pilots and technicians were directly trained on that platform by the US ANG and Lockheed Martin, both in and out of country.

And I apologize to you for whatever has been done to you on my behalf if my comment upset your day. Please accept my apology in any way you can.

Hi,

When you give me an opportunity to re-emphasize and further explain my point---I am appreciative of that.

This chap got two EF Typhoons
FB_IMG_1503634495884.jpg
(simulation) during Red Flag.

JHMCS while at Red Flag in an F-16A back at 2010 ??? Or is it the same driver but at another time ??
This chap got two EF Typhoons View attachment 420717 (simulation) during Red Flag.
I think it was Sqn Ldr Tariq Waheed and not Tahir mehmood and he took out typhoons in Anatolian Eagle and not RF..and he's assigned to Arrows while Falcons participated in RF 16
Screenshot_2017-08-25-11-48-45.jpg

Last edited:
I think it was Sqn Ldr Tariq Waheed and not Tahir mehmood and he took out typhoons in Anatolian Eagle and not RF..and he's assigned to Arrows while Falcons participated in RF 16
View attachment 420733

Read again, I said Red Flag, not Anatolian Eagle. A different fellow took the honors at a different occasion. It was a WVR engagement. Goes on to show that the falcon is still a lethal adversary in the hands of capable jockey.
Italian EFs made their debut at RF in 2016.

https://www.eurofighter.com/news-and-events/2016/03/italian-eurofighter-typhoons-make-red-flag-debut

Read again, I said Red Flag, not Anatolian Eagle. A different fellow took the honors at a different occasion. It was a WVR engagement. Goes on to show that the falcon is still a lethal adversary in the hands of capable jockey.
Italian EFs made their debut at RF in 2016.
I know u are talking about a different guy but the fact is Paf f16s and Typhoons never participated in the same RF-***..
In 2010 Paf was part of 4th section of the exercise and no Typhoons were in that section of the exercises..
In 2016 Paf was part of same 4th section of the exercise and this time too no Typhoons took part..Italians were not part of 16-4 they were in 16-2
So u have got some misunderstanding about the kills.. Paf took out typhoons in anatolian eagle only and the pilot was SL Tariq Waheed
I can give u the links to the participants if u still arent satisfied..

Yeah....PAF will have to give up their shiny patches, sidewinders, flight suits, G suits, helmets...and all other American gizmos that go in hand with them to their Chinese and French aircraft.

Sidewinders and F-16 cant save us from the mighty IAF and USAF, having them or giving them away is the same for me!

Sidewinders and F-16 cant save us from the mighty IAF and USAF, having them or giving them away is the same for me!

Well nothing is mighty we can defend ourself but i think yur point can be true in a sense that we have 76 or 78 f16s out of which 85% or lets say 80% is their availabilty rate and in the time of tension or war , amerca will more likely cut spare parts supply so as a result ,f16 availability will further reduced against enemy aircrafts so thats y we should rely more on jf17 rather than f16s in future

Hi,

From your lips to God's ears---it would be fantastic if it happened in that shortof a time---but it is not going to happen.

That product was american---if you are talking about the BLK60---all systems of that aircraft---built and manufactured by a proven industrial base---all weapons and weapons systems manufactured by known and proven manufacturers already in service---.

You are forgetting---pakistan is patially manufacturing this aircraft---a brand new fire control radar and EW warfare suite---a new HMD---new BVR and off bore sight missile---and then to top it off---a brand new aircraft---the BLK3---.

Last time also---many came jumping on me---they were proved wrong---but none apologized---.

One of those very senior TT member---who I believe is a doctor as well---now uses my integration prophecy JF17 shamelessly---.

Hi,

What would you do if he does---? You pakistanis have been all talk and have done nothing except for in-fighting.
There is also a factor forgotten by many regarding the PAF JF-17 integration.

Pre Zardari the PAF was on an accelerated cycle with training picking up and JF-17s planned to be in the hundred by now.

We don't appreciate(if that is such a term) how bad that time was for Pakistani Military and PakisTan in general.

By 2011, the JF program was pushed back 3-4 years- personnel were not getting flight time,loan repayments were not being made, even pensions were on the edge.

That was the PAF, there were relatives of mune who whilst otherwise with surging corporations during Musharrafs time were unable to pay people for 2 months during Zardari.

That government literally stripped Pakistani institutions and the economy dry like a chicken wing for five years. They left just enough so the economy could trundle along to their next stripping cycle.

There is no more person deserving of hatred by Pakistanis than Asif Ali Zardari and his cohorts

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom