What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

getting new f-16 is not cost effective because the price at which they offer the capabilities can be duplicated at fraction of cost with jf-17, however, used f-16s or subsidized(unlikely has not happened in 30 years why now?) is different case.

it makes no sense to pay 100M dollars for f-16 when it comes with so many restrictions and little offset clause or independence in integrating home made arsenal

this is not early 2000s when there was no thunder/jf-17 and other options were deemed expensive as any other platform brings in complexity and training cost

it seems PAF would rather buy 100M 5th gen fighter from china (the expected price of f-35 when its in full production swing) rather the f-16s

You know, I wouldn't say no to, let's say 4 latest model F-16s. I mean, to the specs of Block 70/72. Restrictions and all. Seriously.

You know, I wouldn't say no to, let's say 4 latest model F-16s. I mean, to the specs of Block 70/72. Restrictions and all. Seriously.
usually when you pay so much in excess of 2-3 billion dollars you get something in return(india has 40% ofset clause), but in case of f-16 you dont even the ability integrate your strike weapon package, you have to buy everything from USA. This isnt like what we got with mirage 5 ROSE deal or what turkey or Israel got with their f-16s

for example you got the f-16 C/D with helmet mounted display but no fitfh gen Aim9x was provided

also i am not sure whether the block 70 is available, certainly not till india deal is active

usually when you pay so much in excess of 2-3 billion dollars you get something in return(india has 40% ofset clause), but in case of f-16 you dont even the ability integrate your strike weapon package, you have to buy everything from USA. This isnt like what we got with mirage 5 ROSE deal or what turkey or Israel got with their f-16s

for example you got the f-16 C/D with helmet mounted display but no fitfh gen Aim9x was provided

also i am not sure whether the block 70 is available, certainly not till india deal is active

If we could get them, they would be very, very useful.

If we could get them, they would be very, very useful.
would the f-16 block 60 be very very useful at 100 million dollars without freedom of integration of home weapons and without aim 120C newer versions or Aim 120D and aim 9X.

i think we have better luck with thunders

unless of course if USA provides freedom to integrate our own strike package than yes

would the f-16 block 60 be very very useful at 100 million dollars without freedom of integration of home weapons and without aim 120C newer versions or Aim 120D and aim 9X.

i think we have better luck with thunders

unless of course if USA provides freedom to integrate our own strike package than yes

They would be very, very useful with all these restrictions.

They backed away from block 50/52 I am talking 70/72 IF we can get our hands on them. 4 should be more than enough.
Here is the US criteria.
Go after HQN and get whatever toys you want. now the Q is will we.

Here is the US criteria.

We should come back with a sweeter deal: peace in Afghanistan. Do they want it? If so, allow Pakistan to slowly and systematically absorb Pashtun majority areas adjacent to it. Support us in achieving this aim. It's s win win for everyone.

We should come back with a sweeter deal: peace in Afghanistan. Do they want it? If so, allow Pakistan to slowly and systematically absorb Pashtun majority areas adjacent to it. Support us in achieving this aim. It's s win win for everyone.
Mushkil, long term idea.

getting new f-16 is not cost effective because the price at which they offer the capabilities can be duplicated at fraction of cost with jf-17, however, used f-16s or subsidized(unlikely has not happened in 30 years why now?) is different case.

it makes no sense to pay 100M dollars for f-16 when it comes with so many restrictions and little offset clause or independence in integrating home made arsenal

this is not early 2000s when there was no thunder/jf-17 and other options were deemed expensive as any other platform brings in complexity and training cost

it seems PAF would rather buy 100M 5th gen fighter from china (the expected price of f-35 when its in full production swing) rather the f-16s

why doesn't Pakistan just buy a few dozen Mig-35? which equals or even exceeds performance of the F-16 blk 52

Mushkil, long term idea.

Afghanistan didn't get to this state in a day. What makes them think there is a magic wand they can wave to make the problems go away? They need to realize they need us as their partners and allies in the long term.

Here is the US criteria.
i for one believe that all non state actor rule should end, if economical development is our goal.
govt and army has to be sincere in this objective

why doesn't Pakistan just buy a few dozen Mig-35? which equals or even exceeds performance of the F-16 blk 52

Hi,

Because the F16 mafia rules the roost in the Paf---. The F16 offers retirement jobs form them in the U S and green cards---what will the MIG35 or the J10 offer for them----?

Hi,

Because the F16 mafia rules the roost in the Paf---. The F16 offers retirement jobs form them in the U S and green cards---what will the MIG35 or the J10 offer for them----?

who is this F-16 mafia? and who has gotten green cards so far?

Back
Top Bottom