What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

First one, more coming here with edits ...

. . .
and actually no, the other vids all link to
that one sadly, part of the deception OFC.

Sorry for the false hopes, Tay.
Hi can these paf pilots multiply their knowledge with the Chinese in the coming exercise with china while flying some other jets as f16 are not allowed to fly out of Pakistan
Input will be appreciated
Thx

Hi can these paf pilots multiply their knowledge with the Chinese in the coming exercise with china while flying some other jets as f16 are not allowed to fly out of Pakistan
Thx
please correct yourself f-16s are not allowed to go china , they went UAE JORDAN TURKEY USA Saudi arabia etc

JU3FH7EOYVHLVA77INHFJGWSKY.jpg

F-16_block52_cft_team.jpg

20482516_2042470995984115_4359348774162661376_n.jpg

please correct yourself f-16s are not allowed to go china , they went UAE JORDAN TURKEY USA Saudi arabia etc
Hi sir that's why I already mentioned f16 are not allowed but hopefully pilots can
Thx

Hi,

FC31 is about a 15-20 years project for total integration if the production starts now.
Hi mastan sb little bit disagreement with your post hope you will enlighten me more with your knowledge as you have mentioned 15-20 years is it not too much as my understanding is whatever system they are using in j20 they can transfer that to fc31 also now if we have apprehension about engine problem I hope Russians are very much ready to keep on supplying there best one as much as china wants to
Your input please
Thx

Thx
Yes they always do. That is the purpose of these international exercises, to learn from each other. They're not going there to have Chinese food....

Hi sir that's why I already mentioned f16 are not allowed but hopefully pilots can
Thx

Hi mastan sb little bit disagreement with your post hope you will enlighten me more with your knowledge as you have mentioned 15-20 years is it not too much as my understanding is whatever system they are using in j20 they can transfer that to fc31 also now if we have apprehension about engine problem I hope Russians are very much ready to keep on supplying there best one as much as china wants to
Your input please
Thx

Hi,

Just look at the integration time frame of the F22 and the F35. There is no short cut to the time it takes for integration.

A simple little aircraft is almost in the 12 th year of i ts integration and still it has years to go---.

The 5th gen is a totally different beast---you have to learn---UN-LEARN and act and fly differently to fly---engage and disengage---.

What was it the change from Windows7 to Windows 8 that the world was crying for years---just look at that how long it took to make that change---.

The difference between a 5th gen and a 4th gen aircraft is of astronomical proportions.

This is no big issue my friend.

Then why has it not been done? It would make eminent sense to have control over the software, if at all possible.

(But if it has been done and not made public, then it remains a claim, albeit impressive.)

Thx

I see what you mean. Yes, they can if they're already familiar with
a reference jet.

Say a PAF Viper pilot transitioned to the Thunder since it arrived.
So a pilot that got his squadron assignment to an F_16 in 2010
could have switched in 2014-15 to a Thunder equipped squadron.

That guy knows their differences and maybe had 1 on 1 DACT?
When he faces J-10Bs / J-11s or better yet Su-30MKK ( that are
most alike the south-eastern neighbours' MKIs ), he'll be able to
translate the knowledge gained to what using a Viper would be like
and what tactics it would then require.

I hope it's clear enough; don't hesitate to ask for precisions and
have a great day, Tay.

Last edited:
If you're talking about the F-16 diplomacy, well it was started by Gen Zia, bumbled by Benazir who wanted wheat instead of F-16s, went out of question after nuclear tests, was brought into fashion by another military dictator, and continued by Zardari. The PAF received this benefit because of diplomacy played by other arms of government/military. Why hold PAF responsible for this?
I was specifically referring to the 8 F-16s they tried getting under FMF. The case for them was driven by the PAF via visits to USAF leadership and broad appeals of them being key for COIN. If this was the strategy (COIN), then this should have been the job of an FO-led effort that can involve the PAF, but others as well.

I was specifically referring to the 8 F-16s they tried getting under FMF. The case for them was driven by the PAF via visits to USAF leadership and broad appeals of them being key for COIN. If this was the strategy (COIN), then this should have been the job of an FO-led effort that can involve the PAF, but others as well.

Makes sense. I agree.

The US is picking on us these days because it serves its vested interests to demand that biggest scam of all: democracy. We need to keep up the masquerade of sham democracy for argument's sake. They are not fooled by it, but it puts them in a bind.

why didnt PAF pushed for used f-16 under EDA just like what Indonesian got.
its a win win for every one no USA tax payer money, they got 24+8 fighters C/Ds refurbished for 4000 hours to block 52 standard just for 750M plus training and spares

I think the push was more from LM than PAF atleast thats how an outside person would see it, seeing that their production line is closing and this would have given them 1 more year to figure out the current deals under negotiation in Gulf region and possible south america and southeast asia

seeing that PAF cant get used f-16 despite it inital willingness to accept some(from jordan for example) mean that we cant get them which again is failure PAF/Pakistan policy and makes one wonder whether the availability of new ones is due to push/lobbying from LM or PAF

Makes sense. I agree.

The US is picking on us these days because it serves its vested interests to demand that biggest scam of all: democracy. We need to keep up the masquerade of sham democracy for argument's sake. They are not fooled by it, but it puts them in a bind.
If there's a strong Pak Govt to stand up to the US on any issue, the PAF will be there to support it (as it has in the Pressler days).

Makes sense. I agree.

US doesn't care if Pakistan is a democracy or not. History has shown this to be true. US had their best relations when Pakistan was run by military dictators. All that matters is that US interests are being served.

why didnt PAF pushed for used f-16 under EDA just like what Indonesian got.
its a win win for every one no USA tax payer money, they got 24+8 fighters C/Ds refurbished for 4000 hours to block 52 standard just for 750M plus training and spares

I think the push was more from LM than PAF atleast thats how an outside person would see it, seeing that their production line is closing and this would have given them 1 more year to figure out the current deals under negotiation in Gulf region and possible south america and southeast asia

seeing that PAF cant get used f-16 despite it inital willingness to accept some(from jordan for example) mean that we cant get them which again is failure PAF/Pakistan policy and makes one wonder whether the availability of new ones is due to push/lobbying from LM or PAF

LM is ready to sell Pakistan previously agreed upon 8 F-16 Block 52s, but is Pakistan ready to pay for them? If so, Trump Administration will be glad to sell them given his mantra for increasing manufacturing jobs in US.

US doesn't care if Pakistan is a democracy or not. History has shown this to be true. US had their best relations when Pakistan was run by military dictators. All that matters is that US interests are being served.

LM is ready to sell Pakistan previously agreed upon 8 F-16 Block 52s, but is Pakistan ready to pay for them? If so, Trump Administration will be glad to sell them given his mantra for increasing manufacturing jobs in US.
getting new f-16 is not cost effective because the price at which they offer the capabilities can be duplicated at fraction of cost with jf-17, however, used f-16s or subsidized(unlikely has not happened in 30 years why now?) is different case.

it makes no sense to pay 100M dollars for f-16 when it comes with so many restrictions and little offset clause or independence in integrating home made arsenal

this is not early 2000s when there was no thunder/jf-17 and other options were deemed expensive as any other platform brings in complexity and training cost

it seems PAF would rather buy 100M 5th gen fighter from china (the expected price of f-35 when its in full production swing) rather the f-16s

Back
Top Bottom