What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

lets pray we got back our jets from USA and never send them again damn there even for upgrade man .:lol: its not easy to bring back things from USA .

i think only 3 or 4 of them would be upgraded in Texas, USA.

test batch of sorts...i could be wrong

the only thing the yanks (LM) are doing is supplying part of the kits.....TAI of Turkiye is doing the upgradation works, as they are licensed under the Lockheed Martin to do so

i think only 3 or 4 of them would be upgraded in Texas, USA.

test batch of sorts...i could be wrong

the only thing the yanks (LM) are doing is supplying part of the kits.....TAI of Turkiye is doing the upgradation works, as they are licensed under the Lockheed Martin to do so

yes its clear sir from day one and proved after f-16 images in TAI . but we have to take care only USA and bring back jets from them ASAP they change there minds like weather in muree :D

People, try sending links proving that the MLUs are only being done in Ankara and Sargodha. How is Sargodha a perfect place? We don't even have a proper facility for F16s for MLU nor we have got any block 52 level tech. The Americans would want it to be in their land to create jobs and stuff.

Basically sending all of the old 45 F-16s for MLU at once overseas is a BIG risk. Its just dumb.

As justified in the article, the deal was signed in 2005 for the supply of 36 F-16s.
Look back how our relations were back 2005 and what it is now in 2012. In a nutshell, both U.S and Pakistani militaries are now in war of words. As always, whats gonna happen is, the U.S will cancel the supply of F-16s and will not return our money back. We should NOT forget about the embargo of our F-16s in Arizona. The United States of America has always put conditions on every buyer

yes its clear sir from day one and proved after f-16 images in TAI . but we have to take care only USA and bring back jets from them ASAP they change there minds like weather in muree :D
well come back imran bhi really nice to see u came back:smitten:

The clear implication is that the Pakistani government is interested in buying used F-16s and upgrading them, which proved to be the case. As part of the deal for new planes, in Sept 30/06 the USA also agreed to deliver 26 of the “Peace Gate III/IV” F-16A/B Block 15OCUs that had been ordered in 1988-1989, then embargoed when Pakistan tested nuclear weapons. After the embargo, the planes had been diverted for use as aggressor combat training aircraft by USAF and the US Navy.
$5.1B Proposed Sales, Upgrades, Weapons Pakistan’s F-16s

Analysis: We are not getting back the embargoed ones. There is clear indication now that the final batch we are set to receive are new F-16 C/D Block 52

Pakistan has ordered a total of 111 F-16A/B aircraft. Of these, 71 were embargoed by the US due to Pakistan's nuclear weapons program. Of these 71, 28 were actually built but were flown directly to the AMARC at Davis-Monthan AFB for storage.

Over the years, various plans were conceived for these 28 aircraft: Pakistan wanted to get the aircraft or their money back; they were offered to various nations, none of which were interested; ultimately, the US Navy and USAF entered them into service as aggressor aircraft.

After Pakistan's help in the war on terror, the US lifted the embargo. In 2005, Pakistan requested 24 new Block 50/52 F-16C/Ds (with option for as much as 55 aircraft). Ultimately an order for 18 F-16s was placed with an option on another 18
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article14.html

Analysis: So it is clear again that 18 was ordered of that 17 has been delivered to us. Another 18 was an option. Another green light was given and the total number of blk 52 we placed order for= 36 F-16s. Note here that it says that we can buy as much as 55. It seems as though our F-16 fobia with the U.S is not really over yet.

Turkish Aerospace to start Pakistani F-16 upgrades in 2010
Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) has won a $75 million contract to modernise 42 Pakistani Lockheed Martin F-16A/Bs at its facilities near Ankara.

The company plans to begin the upgrades in October 2010 and complete the work 46 months later. It signed a memorandum of understanding with Pakistan in September 2006, but it has taken almost three years to sign the deal as Islamabad had to negotiate the sale of the upgrade kits and associated packages from the USA first. TAI won contracts to upgrade older Turkish and Jordanian F-16s in recent years.
Turkish Aerospace to start Pakistani F-16 upgrades in 2010

Analysis: 42 F-16s will be mordrnized buy Turkey and will take 46 months from October 2010
Here is the proof:
176841-PAF-F-16-Block-15s-undergo-MLU-in-Turkey-162961-10150102721674919-213731774918-7384146-714623-n.jpg

Pakistan has received the first three upgraded F-16 fighter aircrafts with an official saying the aircraft could be used to deal with "all internal and external threats".
Pak receives 3 upgraded F-16 fighter aircrafts - Indian Express

Analysis: This is Great news. 3 F-16s being upgraded in U.S (which was thought to be know??) doesn't really matter now. LOL

How does the F16 qualify as "high tech?" It hasn't been in use by the United States for a long time, you are talking about a plane that originally came out in the 70s. Somehow I don't think the US is going to be too concerned about losing any "secret technologies" from a plane design that is older than most of the people on this forum...

I don’t understand why you decided that F-16 is no longer used by America. If you don’t consider USAF thunderbirds & US National Guards & US Navy etc as American then you got serious national/ geographical problems.

The country flag you are showing is using this aircraft in large numbers... The F-16 block 50+ and 60 are not a 70s era plane my dear, they a 4.5 generation planes. I was hoping you knew better. talking more like an Indian than someone from Israel.

US is king of the hill in the modern Military technology and guards it very well. F-16 is no exception. the issue of the source code with Israel and the tracking deceives found in the crashed F-16s is one of the many examples how Americans jealously guard their technology and so rightly so.

F-16 is the work horse and front line fighter of many air forces in the world from east to west. If your 70s era taunt is to be considered then it makes the F-15 to fall from grace too although its current version can make a mince meat of any European or Russian jet that would be fielded against it.

by the way dont worry about it.

How does the F16 qualify as "high tech?"
Take the Block 60.... has technologies that 5th gen birds posses

It hasn't been in use by the United States for a long time,
You got to be kidding me? Ever heard of the USAF?

you are talking about a plane that originally came out in the 70s.
Yes, and it would be wrong of you to assume that it hasn't changed.
If I recall, the F-15 was earlier then the F-16, what are your thoughts on the F-15 Silent eagle?

Somehow I don't think the US is going to be too concerned about losing any "secret technologies" from a plane design that is older than most of the people on this forum...

F-16 Block 52s challenging US air supremacy, did anyone say that or you putting words in our mouths when it suits you best?

p.s. I suggest you compare the F-16 Block 60/IN on the basis of it's radar, avionics and weaponry, the way I see it, it's main and probably only limitation is it's airframe.

I don’t understand why you decided that F-16 is no longer used by America. If you don’t consider USAF thunderbirds & US Navy etc as American then you got serious national/ geographical problems.

The country flag you are showing is using this aircraft in large numbers... The F-16 block 50+ and 60 are not a 70s era plane my dear, they a 4.5 generation planes. I was hoping you knew better. talking more like an Indian than someone from Israel.
F-16 is the work horse and front line fighter of many air forces in the world from east to west. If your 70s era taunt is to be considered then it makes the F-15 to fall from grace too although its current version can make a mince meat of any European or Russian jet that would be fielded against it.

by the way dont worry about it.

1) Thunderbirds are US military forces? I guess if you consider doing tricks in the air at national fairs a military strike you could say that... :lol:

2) The F16 has been improved in design over the years, but overall the plane is not cutting edge at all. It still has the same overall design, hence my comments.

3) I wasn't taunting the F16, I'm just saying that the plane itself/technology used in it is not anywhere near cutting edge. It's not as though the US sold it's new JSF to Pakistan, which is a plane that has technology that is still secretive. That was the point I was making.

pak viper post this on another forum on 6 august 2011
Air chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleman has officially announced that PAF has Requested for purchase of another batch of 18 Block 52+ F-16s.

PAF sources confirmed that a reply in this regard is expected a few weeks time, and U.S approval is almost certain citing that this option of another buy was open to the PAF as and when desired.If all goes to plan, we are expected to receive these jets by the end of next year hopefully.

Apart from this PAF is also seriously considering buying two squadrons of Norway F-16AM/BMs, in is plan of operating a fleet of 100 F-16s combined for next 15-20years.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-15934.html

How does the F16 qualify as "high tech?" It hasn't been in use by the United States for a long time, you are talking about a plane that originally came out in the 70s. Somehow I don't think the US is going to be too concerned about losing any "secret technologies" from a plane design that is older than most of the people on this forum...

How do you explain this:

Pakistani pilots flying modernised versions of the 1970s-vintage F-16 Falcon fighter have beaten the RAF's brand-new Eurofighter Typhoon superfighters during air combat exercises in Turkey, according to a Pakistani officer.
RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s' [printer-friendly] ? The Register
l
1988 May 17 - PAF F-16s shoot down two Russian Su-22s
over Parachinar area during Afghan war.

1988 August 4 - PAF F-16 shoots down Russian Su-25 in
Miranshah area during Afghan war.

1988 September 12 - PAF F-16s shoot down two intruder Russian
Mig-23s during Afghan war

1988 November 1 - PAF F-16 shoots down an intruder Russian
Su-22 over Tull area during Afghan war

Imagine if our Block 15 could do all this, then what can Block 52 do? :lol:
This is from Pakistan's side. Look at F-16 kills from different Air forces. F-16 is battle proven!!

1) Thunderbirds are US military forces? I guess if you consider doing tricks in the air at national fairs a military strike you could say that... :lol:

2) The F16 has been improved in design over the years, but overall the plane is not cutting edge at all. It still has the same overall design, hence my comments.

3) I wasn't taunting the F16, I'm just saying that the plane itself/technology used in it is not anywhere near cutting edge. It's not as though the US sold it's new JSF to Pakistan, which is a plane that has technology that is still secretive. That was the point I was making.

read your original post again but wait..
like I said earlier

dont worry about it

How do you explain this:

Pakistani pilots flying modernised versions of the 1970s-vintage F-16 Falcon fighter have beaten the RAF's brand-new Eurofighter Typhoon superfighters during air combat exercises in Turkey, according to a Pakistani officer.
RAF Eurofighter Typhoons 'beaten by Pakistani F-16s' [printer-friendly] ? The Register
l
1988 May 17 - PAF F-16s shoot down two Russian Su-22s
over Parachinar area during Afghan war.

1988 August 4 - PAF F-16 shoots down Russian Su-25 in
Miranshah area during Afghan war.

1988 September 12 - PAF F-16s shoot down two intruder Russian
Mig-23s during Afghan war

1988 November 1 - PAF F-16 shoots down an intruder Russian
Su-22 over Tull area during Afghan war

Imagine if our Block 15 could do all this, then what can Block 52 do? :lol:
This is from Pakistan's side. Look at F-16 kills from different Air forces. F-16 is battle proven!!

I made a mistake by responding to his post.. he is just having fun lets give him a wide berth now.

'The Jewverine' .....man....that name won't be seen here for long.....

NO MEAN NO NATO SUPPLY LINE THIS BRIBE ATTEMPT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED SORRY

PAKISTAN > F16 BRIBE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom