What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

well these looks like the f16 we have already paid for as why would our military be buying new f16 when we have a better and cost effective jf17 i say take what they owe us and concentrate on those jf17

Do americans attach restrictions with f-16's to pakistan?
they do it with every country.

PAF is not going for anymore block52s, this news is either speculation or misinterpretation of arrival of four MLU F-16s from US, scheduled this Jan.

The F-16D 10801 is most probably on 'loan' to Lochkeed Martin, it has nothing to do US using Pakistan's paid F-16s...haven't you people seen AGM-65D and PAVEWAY-III undergoing flight trails on it? Its presence at FW is most probably a part of the Block52 and related equipment deal. Since these aircraft are tailor made for PAF, hence they have different versions of avionics as compare to block50/52s operated by other customers like Poland, Morroco, Greece, Oman or US. Weapon integration and flight trails on similar example block52 is a necessary condition before delivery to a customer.

is there any chance that the news surfaced because we are getting older f-16s ...? probably the 14 embargoed ones? or may be refurbished f-16 Cs
One thing is for sure, there is no doubt that PAF wants more f-16s atleast used/refurbished one..

well these looks like the f16 we have already paid for as why would our military be buying new f16 when we have a better and cost effective jf17 i say take what they owe us and concentrate on those jf17

JF-17 block 1 is not as capable as F-16 plus we have vast experience with F-16.J-10 will probably be inducted in 2015 n will take some time in getting matured and our pilots will require some time in mastering it so till 2017 we need a capable jet to defend us against any threats.the best rather the only choice is F-16

can anybody tell what the hell is wrong with that that bloody 18th F-16.we have been hearing about this piece of sh*t for last 6 months.wats the delay ?uss ko kia surkhab k par lag rahay hain amreeka main??sorry for bad language but news regarding this 18th F-16 really pisses me off.aisay lag raha hay koe space shuttle milni hay 18th F-16 ki shakal main

for those asking why PAF is upgrading F16s now --do remember that the tender to carry out the work was won by TAI over 3 years ago

same case with the remaining inductions of new block F16s --- old deal being completed now.

for those asking why PAF is upgrading F16s now --do remember that the tender to carry out the work was won by TAI over 3 years ago

same case with the remaining inductions of new block F16s --- old deal being completed now.

So sir the news is true then about the option for 18 more blk 52's coming or way?

option for the remaining 18 is on the table; but has not been exercised thus far by PAF

since the deal for 36 was approved by Congress (back in 2004 i think) i dont know if these additional 18 would be bound by US Congress approval or not.

perhaps others would know more about it

i needed a special tool kit (not even available at the local hardware store) to open up almost 20 highly irregular screws on my Iphone --to replace the LCD

God only knows what kind of tools/codes you need to access digitally sealed components etc. etc. on piece of high tech American military hardware

i needed a special tool kit (not even available at the local hardware store) to open up almost 20 highly irregular screws on my Iphone --to replace the LCD

God only knows what kind of tools/codes you need to access digitally sealed components etc. etc. on piece of high tech American military hardware

How does the F16 qualify as "high tech?" It hasn't been in use by the United States for a long time, you are talking about a plane that originally came out in the 70s. Somehow I don't think the US is going to be too concerned about losing any "secret technologies" from a plane design that is older than most of the people on this forum...

why was your air attache in Washington DC putting pressure on Pentagon not to allow the sale of Sniper Target pods for said aircrafts (the same one which we procured with some difficulty and much persuasion)

the Egyptian Air Force was denied sale of these pods

and everything is relative......for us, they are modern and high tech fighters. Theyve served us well. 5th generation is here, and we dont have 5th gen tech (yet) so to some degree your post is well taken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom