What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

So it means PAF did place order for extra 18 F16's ( as it was a option in contract)..Looks like it might be part of new deal offered by US to resume supply lines etc.

back in 2009 "14" more were agreed by USA i dnt know what happened to that 14..bt i think this is the part of the 2006 deal.

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale of up to 36 F-16C Block 50 and F-16D Block 52 two-seater aircraft – a buy of 18 jets, with an option for another 18. The total value, if all options are exercised, could be as high as $3 billion.

well anyhow

COngrats to everyone from my side

These F-16's have to be inspected thoroughly.

I thought the plan to buy 18 more block 52's was scrapped by PAF. How credible is this news?

surprising yet a good news..
this could be a payoff to resume supplies..as i think US now knows that cost of alternative routes will cost them billions of additional money..
anyway lets hop we get the 18 plus some older refurbished at a low price and P3 orions on time

one thing is for sure the TTP wouldnt change it tactics even if we stop supplies, recent severe attacks on civilians afeter some time prove that..
secondly army going lenient also help them as they were rumours of talks and releasing of some men
lastly sucide attacks have gone down as they are losing their men now its more remote control or time bombs which are easy to amke due to stupid policy of widely available fertilizer and ransom and drug income

well i think the news isnt authentic enough...until some real link comes up ..i am doubtful

Now I know why the PAF Chief never ordered to shoot down US/NATO helicopters and neither the drones.....cuz he be looking for these F-16. This means he will never order to shoot down any future aircraft attack by the US on our soil.Our sovereingty is infact compromised now....:smokin:

Here is one more website saying the same.

(WAPA) - Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will receive 18 F-16 block 52 aircraft from Lockheed Martin later this month as part of a contract for the sale of 36 F-16C/D block 50/52 aircraft announced in June 2005. Lockheed Martin had been awarded a contract for 12 F-16C and six F-16D block 52 aircraft in December 2006.

Pakistan has already received block 52 versions of the F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft, which includes day-night, all-weather and precision-attack capabilities. The compact multi-role, single-engine F-16 Fighting Falcon plane has a high level of manoeuvrability, a top speed of 2,124km/h; it can also detect planes flying at very low altitudes. The F-16 block 52 aircraft provides additional fuel and payload capacity and improved avionics and sensors.

Avionews - Agenzia stampa del settore aeronautico, elicotteristico, aerospaziale e della difesa

Hi all.

I posted earlier about PAF going for 14 more Block 52s, all will be supported by CFTs and are F-16Cs.
The Think Tanks lashed back on my knowledge saying it was not creditable. My sources told me about it though and I rather trust them.

Now coming in avionews, Pakistan will receive 18 F-16s this month.

(WAPA) - Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will receive 18 F-16 block 52 aircraft from Lockheed Martin later this month as part of a contract for the sale of 36 F-16C/D block 50/52 aircraft announced in June 2005. Lockheed Martin had been awarded a contract for 12 F-16C and six F-16D block 52 aircraft in December 2006.

Pakistan has already received block 52 versions of the F-16 Fighting Falcon aircraft, which includes day-night, all-weather and precision-attack capabilities. The compact multi-role, single-engine F-16 Fighting Falcon plane has a high level of manoeuvrability, a top speed of 2,124km/h; it can also detect planes flying at very low altitudes. The F-16 block 52 aircraft provides additional fuel and payload capacity and improved avionics and sensors.

The AN/APG-68 radar-equipped F-16 provides the pilot with separate air-to-air and air-to-ground modes, including long-range, all-aspect detection and tracking, simultaneous multiple-target tracking and high-resolution ground mapping. The F-16 is widely deployed by the air forces of Israel, Egypt, Iraq, New Zealand, South Korea, Chile, Poland, UAE, Bahrain, Greece and Singapore.

The US is also working with the PAF to modernise 45 F-16s from its existing fighter fleet through the US foreign military financing security assistance programme. (Avionews)
(0010)

Avionews - Agenzia stampa del settore aeronautico, elicotteristico, aerospaziale e della difesa

your statement is questioned and i think you are just filling the words . it might be possible that you are under 18 but you have deceived the moderators and entered the forum. Now you are caught red handed for your under 18 comments!!!!:cheesy:
i m right
because we still need equipments from usa
remember beggars are not chooser

This is the news for the delivery/arrival of the last (i.e 18th ) aircraft that was along with USAF and was not delivered to PAF and about which there were lot of rumors and fuss ....this is not for the delivery of the 18 on option aircrafts.... you guys are really messing it up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom