What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

Santro: With all due respect, your explanatory points are way too simplistic, and since I know you know better, this must be intentional. I won't say anymore here in deference to you.

Abu: I will defer to you, but just to respect your wish to end this matter here.

However, please note that I have robust reasons to disagree with you both, respectfully.

VCheng, you may post your robust reasons and have us look at them. This is a discussion forum after all. Maybe we can learn from each other? Learn what you may know and what we may not??

Santro: With all due respect, your explanatory points are way too simplistic, and since I know you know better, this must be intentional. I won't say anymore here in deference to you.

Abu: I will defer to you, but just to respect your wish to end this matter here.

However, please note that I have robust reasons to disagree with you both, respectfully.

Just meeting the needs of the layman..
There are issues with the DTC and specifically a procedure that needs the US def attache here to release a weekly code gen for the DTC.
But this was discussed earlier as well.. our earlier jets had a similar problem/procedure , but thanks to some nice jordanians hosting us with zionist conspirators .. we were able to find a workaround for this.

So its not a MAJOR stumbling block, all in all.. these jets can, and will fly and fight where ever we want them to(although its not recommended to try to do so towards our western border).
Its HOW long can they fly and fight that is the bigger question.

Just meeting the needs of the layman..
There are issues with the DTC and specifically a procedure that needs the US def attache here to release a weekly code gen for the DTC.
But this was discussed earlier as well.. our earlier jets had a similar problem/procedure , but thanks to some nice jordanians hosting us with zionist conspirators .. we were able to find a workaround for this.

So its not a MAJOR stumbling block, all in all.. these jets can, and will fly and fight where ever we want them to(although its not recommended to try to do so towards our western border).
Its HOW long can they fly and fight that is the bigger question.

Fair enough. I am happy to stop here without going into deeper details. :D

BTW, which planes were scrambled on May 2nd after the OBL raid was discovered? ;)

VCheng, you may post your robust reasons and have us look at them. This is a discussion forum after all. Maybe we can learn from each other? Learn what you may know and what we may not??

No Sir, I love Pakistan too much to put anything at risk by trying to display any such information. :pakistan:

Fair enough. I am happy to stop here without going into deeper details. :D

BTW, which planes were scrambled on May 2nd after the OBL raid was discovered? ;)

No Sir, I love Pakistan too much to put anything at risk by trying to display any such information. :pakistan:

good old F-16's.. apparently the AF command thought the Indians were upto something.
When they figured out it was good old uncle sam , they went in anyway. Again.. the F-16 isnt exactly useless against the US(although armed with Aim-9's against Aim-120 equipped jets was probably going to have them massacred).

The above is all from the grapevine :angel:.

good old F-16's.. apparently the AF command thought the Indians were upto something.
When they figured out it was good old uncle sam , they went in anyway. Again.. the F-16 isnt exactly useless against the US(although armed with Aim-9's against Aim-120 equipped jets was probably going to have them massacred).

The above is all from the grapevine :angel:.

I will accept your response without any dissection, discussion or difference, my dear Santro. :)

I didnt knew What VCheng is talking, so i googled, and came across his discussion on Pak wheels about Data transfer Cartridges and Code needed to Run DTC. And how DTC changed with time and become more complex in nature because of large volume of Data being transferred in Latest Blocks of F-16 and NSA is doing coding for DTC..... so PAF can not work around this time to by pass the DTC code

But what i Didn't understand, Why DTC need codes to Run in first Place? It is the first time i'm hearing this kind of thing, Some one care to enlighten new members here mor?

I didnt knew What VCheng is talking, so i googled, and came across his discussionon Pak wheels about Data transfer Cartridges and Code needed to Run DTC. And how DTC changed with time and become more complex in nature because of large volume of Data being transferred in Latest Blocks of F-16 and NSA is doing coding for DTC..... so PAF can not work around this time to by pass the DTC code

But what i Didn't understand, Why DTC need codes to Run in first Place? It is the first time i'm hearing this kind of thing, Some one care to enlighten new members here mor?

I had a feeling this would come up..
DTC contains in layman's terms the bootdisk of the F-16.
You can start the F-16 without it, but your jet wont know the mission plan, the map wont display any waypoints,.. in some cases the ECM would not know what threats to expect, targeting pods may not startup etc.
Early DTC's were based on tape and cartridge.. simple coding..we figured it out.
Its like a car security system .. sort of anyway.
New DTC's use levels of encryption to ensure that the Jets cannot be fed incorrect data in case the system is compromised.. and in case of wayward allies like us, the jets arent used for anything else that what their authorized uses are.
The thing is though, even with encryption and stuff. There are workarounds for such a system, for starters.....

nope...thats pretty much it.:P

You can start the F-16 without it, but your jet wont know the mission plan, the map wont display any waypoints,.. in some cases the ECM would not know what threats to expect, targeting pods may not startup etc.
Early DTC's were based on tape and cartridge.. simple coding..we figured it out.
New DTC's use levels of encryption to ensure that the Jets cannot be fed incorrect data in case the system is compromised.. and in case of wayward allies like us, the jets arent used for anything else that what their authorized uses are.
The thing is though, even with encryption and stuff. There are workarounds for such a system, for starters.....

one little thing left, Why DTC code can't be generated by PAF locally instead of Lockheed Martin providing DTC codes to PAF which regenerates them?

Pretty much says it all:

the jets arent used for anything else that what their authorized uses are.

"Workarounds" are never the real deal! ;)

Work around or not, Yanks will shout anyway like they did in Harpoon "tweaking" case a few years back.

BTW, the Pakistani F-16 DTCs are between 30-50 GB in capacity, are created by a secure NSA-approved MPS computer, and authorise running several million lines of code operating multiple inter-operating systems during the course of any mission.

Also, it is impossible to remove secure epoxy embedded SMD microchips without irreversibly destroying them.

If Pakistan has developed work-arounds, then it is truly a remarkable achievement! :D

BTW, the Pakistani F-16 DTCs are between 30-50 GB in capacity, are created by a secure NSA-approved MPS computer, and authorise running several million lines of code operating multiple inter-operating systems during the course of any mission.

Also, it is impossible to remove secure epoxy embedded SMD microchips without irreversibly destroying them.

If Pakistan has developed work-arounds, then it is truly a remarkable achievement! :D

My cousin removes and replaces epoxy embedded, soldered etc.. chips from multiple hardware bought from western companies for local production(ala Chinese substitute) . Believe me, it aint that tough.

The source code for the F-16's will never be available, but the Ground station that does the program is, go figure.

My cousin removes and replaces epoxy embedded, soldered etc.. chips from multiple hardware bought from western companies for local production(ala Chinese substitute) . Believe me, it aint that tough.

The source code for the F-16's will never be available, but the Ground station that does the program is, go figure.

Oh I have no problems in figuring things out. It takes a lot more than a few brainy cousins and pirated workstations to jailbreak an F-16. :D

(I think I will let things be at this point. Over and out!)

Back
Top Bottom