What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

How is the F-16 any good when we cant use them outside Pakistan? That means we will be using them for CAP and Interceptions or bombing missions within are own boundaries (the Bk 52s I mean)

Then what good does fitting CFTs on them do and fitting them with air refueling when they will do all of their flying inside Pakistan

Plus the US will be baby sitting them .... we definitely cant use them for surgical strikes out of PAK?

How is the F-16 any good when we cant use them outside Pakistan? That means we will be using them for CAP and Interceptions or bombing missions within are own boundaries (the Bk 52s I mean)

Then what good does fitting CFTs on them do and fitting them with air refueling when they will do all of their flying inside Pakistan

Plus the US will be baby sitting them .... we definitely cant use them for surgical strikes out of PAK?

this is a mis-leading perception. there are no restrictions on their use.

The magic lies in the DTCs from the MPS. ;)

Disagree, sir - the magic can be seen in this picture. It's inside that nomex flight suit!

f-16-60-cockpit-large.jpg

Disagree, sir - the magic can be seen in this picture. It's inside that nomex flight suit!

Of course! But the magician in the nomex suit is only as good as the information provided to him, right?

Of course! But the magician in the nomex suit is only as good as the information provided to him, right?

Definitely. Just pointing out how important the man is in the man-machine interface. :)

Sir,

There are no restrictions on these aircraft flying across the border----but please just for the sake of common sense----don't use them against the benefactor----you don't want to find the limitations---that would be a major strategic disaster.

CFT's on the BLK 52's are more so for strategic reasons---show---that we have them and we can reach so far---the aircraft itself has very long legs without the cft----

Who wants to bet that 6 months down the line there will still be people posting worrysome remarks about Kill switches and jets falling out of the sky?

You cannot shut off a jet, you will not see hollywood style computer overrides anywhere.
Where there will be chips and alarms going off, is if you sneak in some Local or Chinese engineer and let them take a peek in the Radar's processor, the Sniper pod or something else. even then, it wont set off bells in Washington right there and then. Its when it goes for servicing or hooked up to a PC for diagnositics that it will display the error.

For gods sake people, haven't you ever had your warranty void if you tore the sticker?? tried to open your laptop yourself??
its not that difficult to see how this is similar.
If they really had to shut you down , they would have done that on may 2.
Those Block 52's can without an IOTA of a doubt, fly all the way to Calcutta if need be, Fire Aim-120's at enemy jets , use the sniper pod to identify and designate a target .. then drop a GBU on it.

The DTC issue was there even with our existing F-16's.. guess what, we found a workaround a few months after the US delivered them. How long do we need for this one?? 5 .. 6 months perhaps??
Why do you think we like the F-16 so much, because we know exactly which screw , what material , what dia can be obtained from so and so alternate supplier.

Who wants to bet that 6 months down the line there will still be people posting worrysome remarks about Kill switches and jets falling out of the sky?

You cannot shut off a jet, you will not see hollywood style computer overrides anywhere.
Where there will be chips and alarms going off, is if you sneak in some Local or Chinese engineer and let them take a peek in the Radar's processor, the Sniper pod or something else. even then, it wont set off bells in Washington right there and then. Its when it goes for servicing or hooked up to a PC for diagnositics that it will display the error.

For gods sake people, haven't you ever had your warranty void if you tore the sticker?? tried to open your laptop yourself??
its not that difficult to see how this is similar.
If they really had to shut you down , they would have done that on may 2.
Those Block 52's can without an IOTA of a doubt, fly all the way to Calcutta if need be, Fire Aim-120's at enemy jets , use the sniper pod to identify and designate a target .. then drop a GBU on it.

The DTC issue was there even with our existing F-16's.. guess what, we found a workaround a few months after the US delivered them. How long do we need for this one?? 5 .. 6 months perhaps??
Why do you think we like the F-16 so much, because we know exactly which screw , what material , what dia can be obtained from so and so alternate supplier.

Santro: With all due respect, your explanatory points are way too simplistic, and since I know you know better, this must be intentional. I won't say anymore here in deference to you.

all that matters in the end, my friend....

Abu: I will defer to you, but just to respect your wish to end this matter here.

However, please note that I have robust reasons to disagree with you both, respectfully.

Back
Top Bottom