What's new

Pakistan F-16 Discussions 2

PAF has not as yet decided to go for the additional 18 -You don't even know the delivery date, but it's the right choice? You don't even know how they may be configured but it's the right choice?

@ Imran Khan if i could remember, u were also shouting on PAF and on New Birds - 52, when US continued drone attacks after the raid. u people declared these birds as SITTING DUCKS. now these are "REAL TEETH OF PAF" . have u forgotten everything ?.
These teeth are like artificial teeth which can be pull out of the mouth after the usage. now u cannot bite anyone if your teeth are not in your hand.
Although this is senseless, but after knowing the real ownership of Shahbaz air base, reality of drone attack and lack in securing PAF Faisal Base, i would not like to be surprised any day by hearing, in case of any conflict, any PAF personal confirming that "WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE NEW F16 WITHOUT US PRIVILEGE"

yes sir i was i am talking abut indian threat they are real teeth for usa 18 block-52 or 1118 block-52 are useless to counter US threat .

I sense a lot of anger w/regards to the F-16. I'll say it again, the F-16 is a lethal, outstanding platform, and with experienced pilots in the cockpit, they are a match for anything flying right now with perhaps the sole exception of the F-22.

Something to keep in mind... the AIM-120. Pakistan has them. Egypt (among many other nations) does not. That says a lot. It turns the F-16 from an agile day fighter into an accomplished and deadly interceptor.

People should read this if they haven't.....(im sure most have read it by now, it should be required reading for ALL who want to know about the F16s and the type of pilots who operate them). It appears that certain 'restrictions' do exist but it is very clear that they are ''bonus'' aircrafts (new block ones) and do possess technologies which the Americans are worried about others copying.

PAF obviously keeps all implications into consideration. The F16s have served the country VERY well so far, you cannot dispute that.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/103690-interview-pakistan-air-force-viper-pilot.html

Dear all,
Most of you are only looking at the smaller picture of Bk52's induction. Think of something on broader canvas, negating dozens of 'long term' benefits associated with Bk52 is really not a professional way to look at it.

If Bk52 is not for eastern front does that means its a 'paper- weight' ? Don't we get new lessons & training on latest weaponry that comes with them? Don't our pilots & engineers getting training with all those 'goodies' from EW/targeting/Recce pods to LGBs, JDAM A-G to A-A weapons? Don't you people see our AF's expertise & experience of handling latest technology touching skies?

Well i am looking forward to lots and lots of changes in PAF' s doctrine, more topics to be covered in CCS, more role for people at ground & air, new roles during routine training & combat activities and finally more efficient and hard hitting Pakistan Air Force.

The current situation regarding Bk52 is foggy...but i am confident the future is all clear and bright.It may be not in terms of its usage privileges but in terms of the experience & knowledge we will get from this machine.

Long live Pakistan!

I sense a lot of anger w/regards to the F-16. I'll say it again, the F-16 is a lethal, outstanding platform, and with experienced pilots in the cockpit, they are a match for anything flying right now with perhaps the sole exception of the F-22.

Something to keep in mind... the AIM-120. Pakistan has them. Egypt (among many other nations) does not. That says a lot. It turns the F-16 from an agile day fighter into an accomplished and deadly interceptor.

Mr.Chogy, We have never doubted the F-16 capabilities. It's one hell of a fighter. We love to see them in our inventory But

the anger you see here is w.r.t Uncertain behavior of America supplying Spare parts of F-16 in all conditions. Any Ugly turn in Relation Between Pak-America first thing to hit will be F-16 Spare parts chain.

And for me, My Anger is directed towards Not giving DFRM with F-16 block 52, whereas when Indian were offered F-16, DFRM was already in that package. I don't understand this weird logic.

So the Uncertain Spare parts delivery plus not giving certain technologies with F-16 when Next door neighbor was allowed to have them plus Dictating how to Use F-16 is what making Us angry towards new procurement.

Your Right Bro Agree with you and i am also angry:angry:
Mr.Chogy, We have never doubted the F-16 capabilities. It's one hell of a fighter. We love to see them in our inventory But

the anger you see here is w.r.t Uncertain behavior of America supplying Spare parts of F-16 in all conditions. Any Ugly turn in Relation Between Pak-America first thing to hit will be F-16 Spare parts chain.

And for me, My Anger is directed towards Not giving DFRM with F-16 block 52, whereas when Indian were offered F-16, DFRM was already in that package. I don't understand this weird logic.

So the Uncertain Spare parts delivery plus not giving certain technologies with F-16 when Next door neighbor was allowed to have them plus Dictating how to Use F-16 is what making Us angry towards new procurement.

what ever you people say, i know only one thing!
those f-16s gave us long awaited capability! BVR!
and now we have that because of f-16!
and probably the best in class, AIM-120C5!

Whatever PAF takes into consideration now or in near future is altogether seperate issue.

These F-16s and the ones undergoing upgradations will be able to fire the Raytheon AMRAAM (AIM-120) & AAMs (AIM- 9M-8/9 Sidewinder) which narrows the edge indian had over Pakistan when they inducted the Vympels RVV-AE (R-77) active radar AAM missiles.

The arrival of the AMRAAM and an expanded F-16 force into PAF service balances the regional air-power equation, to a degree.

They can easily serve 2 roles....for anti insurgency (day/night) and for aiding in the country's air defence and sovereignty against the threat in the east.....PAF would not pay for CFTs if the aircrafts were only limited to counter-insurgency. That would be stupid of them. And given their tight budgets, they wouldn't undertake expensive propositions if they didn't have a purpose of any kind.

Is there bugs inside F-16 blk 52 to watch their PAF movements by US ?

forget it.

Q: Will the Americans be able to track the locations of the Block 52s through some sort of tracking devices hidden inside the aircraft?

A: If there are tracking devices then they will be inside the sealed systems, like the avionics suites or the sniper pods because we will not have the ability to look inside. If their Predator and Reaper drones are transmitting their GPS locations via satellite so can a Block 52 F-16.

http://www.pakistankakhudahafiz.com...phoons-pilots-beaten-by-paf-f-16viper-pilots/

Yes jf -17 will make a lot of difference when it comes to number game in any ofence situation with other country and we can upgrade it much as we want and also through export we can earn a lot of money so JF-17 is future backbone of PAF...............

And then his user name will automatically change to Who Am I instead of my name is arya.

Arsalan
There was a piece of news in the papers a few months ago quoting the ACM as having said that the J10 B has been shelved for the moment. If you assume this to be truethen you have to look for an interim arrangement . Now with 18 Bl 52 you dont have much to show against hte high end of IAF. Also from the pure embargo point of view, paradoxically PAF has ensured that it has a good mix of local Chinese and US inventory. Even if the US embargoes us in a war scenario, we have a much better chance of at least keeping a fair number of our fighters in air.
If you exclude the US , and think of a third option, what do you end up with which is not an economic suicide for the country? I understand theconcerns that every one has but please understand that we are in a tight situation due to long mismanagement of our many internal and external problems, the economy being at the fore front!! So much asI would like to move on from the f16 era, I am afraid it may not be possible this side of the 2020. We need a credible defence till that time.
Araz

sir all this big money and risk purchase cannot be based on a rumor about the J-10B being shelved.
we all have gone through many reports claiming that the J-10B procurement is well on track.

as danger zone have out it, no one will advise going gambling in these crunch economic times!
well that my point of view. i agree with MUSE and Danger Zone. there is no hurry, we must wait for the J-10B to materialize and keep our fingures crossed that the existing fleet is not grounded due to spares issues in coming time and the MLU and STAR upgrade keep on track.
with the elections approaching, i sense lot is going to change in near future!

Dear all,
Most of you are only looking at the smaller picture of Bk52's induction. Think of something on broader canvas, negating dozens of 'long term' benefits associated with Bk52 is really not a professional way to look at it.

If Bk52 is not for eastern front does that means its a 'paper- weight' ? Don't we get new lessons & training on latest weaponry that comes with them? Don't our pilots & engineers getting training with all those 'goodies' from EW/targeting/Recce pods to LGBs, JDAM A-G to A-A weapons? Don't you people see our AF's expertise & experience of handling latest technology touching skies?

Well i am looking forward to lots and lots of changes in PAF' s doctrine, more topics to be covered in CCS, more role for people at ground & air, new roles during routine training & combat activities and finally more efficient and hard hitting Pakistan Air Force.

The current situation regarding Bk52 is foggy...but i am confident the future is all clear and bright.It may be not in terms of its usage privileges but in terms of the experience & knowledge we will get from this machine.

Long live Pakistan!

sir if we want them to learn new technologies, the 18 we have in our hand are enough.

the only point is that its a HUGE risk buying and getting anything from america coze with along with the hardware, comes a long list of DOs and Donts! that when/if they are eventually delivered, we have cases where the bought hardware was never delivered. i dont need to disucss this again, its well known to all of you!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom