What's new

Pakistan developing two new cruise missiles, nuclear submarine: US Think Tank

No!! Nuclear powered submarine with MIRV nuclear missile on board would be a better achievement...
Will consume all budget of Navy ,this is what India wants we need cheap options which can do the trick

Its perfect logic reducing doesn't mean they are all gone they still have thousands of them in their hands go talk to them first and then use realistic logic.
he doesn't know what he is talking about... US has thousands of warheads.... USA has 450 Minuteman III missiles and 336 Trident D5 missiles each equipped with numerous warheads.

Will consume all budget of Navy ,this is what India wants we need cheap options which can do the trick
Bro USA threatened to nuke us to stone age, back in 2001... do you think they have considered and said this if we had 7 or 8 Nuclear powered Submarines each with Sub with 20 missile and 10 warheads on?

Kashmir is part of Pakistan same as hydra bad ducked one day as it promise

Bro USA threatened to nuke us to stone age, back in 2001... do you think they have considered and said this if we had 7 or 8 Nuclear powered Submarines each with Sub with 20 missile and 10 warheads on?
our fight is not with US and yes SLCM can easily take care of US if required as Diesel subs are more quiter with AIP

A nuclear powered submarine might make sense if you were planning on developing a global range for the navy, but PN's only conceivable naval enemy would be India, and one hardly needs "nuclear range" to patrol Indian waters. AIP boats capable of launching cruise missiles, is the way to go in my opinion.

A nuclear powered submarine might make sense if you were planning on developing a global range for the navy, but PN's only conceivable naval enemy would be India, and one hardly needs "nuclear range" to patrol Indian waters. AIP boats capable of launching cruise missiles, is the way to go in my opinion.

A second benefit of nuclear submarine is its ability to go fuel independent and live in waters for extended periods of time. Pakistan would want to place few submarines against Indian costs and launch attack when they expect not.

Oh Yh then why all nuclear states apart from Pak have ICBMS and SSBN and SLBM? Pak is in need of all 3.....

A second benefit of nuclear submarine is its ability to go fuel independent and live in waters for extended periods of time. Pakistan would want to place few submarines against Indian costs and launch attack when they expect not.

Absolutely, but I think that can be done with AIP subs. You aren't using any real power while sitting on or near the bottom. They can stay down for up to a month at a time (Type 214) when operating in that manner and surface only when absolutely necessary. AIP's are not only far cheaper, they are quieter than most nuclear powered boats.

216_cutaway2.png

Oh Yh then why all nuclear states apart from Pak have ICBMS and SSBN and SLBM? Pak is in need of all 3.....

Nothing in my post suggest otherwise. My post only had one topic; AIP vs. nuclear powered submarines.

One of the most basics things a country needs to do is know who the enemy is, who the friend is and who is neither. In case of Pakistan it would do it great if it was understood there is only one enemy, couple of friends and rest fall in the other category.

USA is not the enemy. Can you guess who the enemy is?

One of the most basics things a country needs to do is know who the enemy is, who the friend is and who is neither. In case of Pakistan it would do it great if it was understood there is only one enemy, couple of friends and rest fall in the other category.

USA is not the enemy. Can you guess who the enemy is?
India? But USA not a nice friend?

Absolutely, but I think that can be done with AIP subs. You aren't using any real power while sitting on or near the bottom. They can stay down for up to a month at a time (Type 214) when operating in that manner and surface only when absolutely necessary. AIP's are not only far cheaper, they are quieter than most nuclear powered boats.

216_cutaway2.png

Nothing in my post suggest otherwise. My post only had one topic; AIP vs. nuclear powered submarines.

Procurement of U2014 is less likely. There was a deal for the purchase of 3 which eventually died. Under current scenario, if Pakistan has ability to produce a nuclear boat (with the help of friends), it is logical for it to follow that path.

Last edited:
India? But USA not a nice friend?
I said three categories -

1. Enemy
2. Friend
3. Other

USA falls in the 'other category. It pays to have a very clear,cogent and clearly defined understanding or else national energy will be diffused and wasted on fractious thinking. Strong nations have their populations in lockstep. Look at the Turks for referance.

For a nuclear submarine for Pakistan a good example will be the French Rubis class, the smallest nuclear sub in existence.. there is a thread about it here on PDF if anyone is interested to know more about it..
I'd like to see some other ideas from the participants..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom