What's new

Pakistan demands apology over drone strike

Regardless of historical influence, in this case, as you said, the Army did what the Gop wanted to do, which is how the Army should act constitutionally. Pakistanis are mad because they expected the Army to act unconstitutionally and force the Gop to take a different position. Imo, the Army should be criticized if it had forced the Gop to release Davis, not because it agreed with the Gop, which is how things should be run in a democracy.

Well sir, if the Army is so concerned about democratic process, then I hope that they don't comment on policy level matters from now on, because they have lost the right to do so.

Keep whining - the situation is not getting any better as these are the bastard-children of Holy-ISI and a bastard always remain a bastard - to kill his father one day and his real children. Come to Peshawar Central Jail where Sufi Muhammad has been kept with life luxury available to him. Why he has been kept there and why has he not been hanged yet - proves the father's love for his bastard children. It is to show it to the world Taliban exists and unleash them onto your own people and in return cash bundles of Dollars. That's pathetic man.

Pak Army is like the guard of the house.. while on duty, he sees someone coming in and destroying parts of the house yet he sits & watches and simply says.. this is not good and the attackers should apologise. It's such a shame
The facts are that the Talisman have been decimated in Swat and most of their commanders killed. Sufi is in jail and Allah Fazlullah hiding in Afghanistan. Sufi sons were killed and Sufi himself is not going to live much longer given his age.

I am not the one whining - I made factual arguments that you chose not to refute and instead responded with a rant.

Are Army operations and policies flawless? No. And I have not claimed that, but Army operations have saved countless lives and freedoms of Pakistanis given the threats that existed in Swat and Fata.

Hey, I am just pointing out that were the Army not as influential as it is, we would not have gotten even these concessions, and the Ppp would have released Davis with full immunity and probably not even obtained any compensation for the families of the victims since the us tone in the beginning was aggressive, insulting and arrogant, and they were strongly pushing the line that Davis acted in self defence.

Hence my argument that why blame the Army when all it did was follow the Gop position.

We don't see any concessions, had there been any, the army wouldn't been cursed in the streets of Pakistan (can anybody deny that the public opinion has turned against Kiyani-Pasha).

Adding insult to the injury is the stupid behavior of GOP/PA by making mockery of Diyat law in order to get the CIA man out. This was not the case of diyat (so it makes no difference if the victim family has accepted diyat) and our shameless ruling elite used Islam to justify their shameful act.

i didn't get the answer, would you still complain if one of the relative of victims of drone does suicide bombing???

Well sir, if the Army is so concerned about democratic process, then I hope that they don't comment on policy level matters from now on, because they have lost the right to do so.
That is another discussion, I am merely pointing out that in the Davis case at least the Army acted constitutionally and followed the Gop stance on the issue, and therefore should not be blamed in this particular case.

for all the ppl who are blaming pak army, what do u want the Pak army to do? shall they let all the terrorists run around freely in pakistan?

lol~ they have already allowed cia terrorists in Pakistan and let go a big fish.

and we were told that terrorist Davis had contacts with terrorists in waziristan~ funny!

That is another discussion, I am merely pointing out that in the Davis case at least the Army acted constitutionally and followed the Gop stance on the issue, and therefore should not be blamed in this particular case.

They will be blamed if they pick and choose issues to interfere in. Because otherwise their silence can be construed as approval approval.

We don't see any concessions, had there been any, the army wouldn't been cursed in the streets of Pakistan (can anybody deny that the public opinion has turned against Kiyani-Pasha).

Adding insult to the injury is the stupid behavior of GOP/PA by making mockery of Diyat law in order to get the CIA man out. This was not the case of diyat (so it makes no difference if the victim family has accepted diyat) and our shameless ruling elite used Islam to justify their shameful act.

i didn't get the answer, would you still complain if one of the relative of victims of drone does suicide bombing???
Fine, there was no concession made. But the facts remain that the Army acted constitutionally by following the Ggovernment position on the Davis issue, so why blame the Army for acting constitutionally?

As for suicide bombings by the family of the victim, unless the attack was on Davis himself, there is nothing to support. Their loss does jot justify the killing of innocents on a bus, in a market or in a mosque, as Palestinian, al qaeda and Taliban terrorists like to do.

lol~ they have already allowed cia terrorists in Pakistan and let go a big fish.

and we were told that terrorist Davis had contacts with terrorists in waziristan~ funny!

its not funny.

If the PA didnt take action against Taliban,we would have ppl like u ranting "The ISI is supporting Taliban against Innocent People". Now that they have tooken action against taliban you still find a way to complain.

You should appreciate the hard work of Pakistani soldiers (not perfect work, but hard work). look at yourself sitting comfortable in your home,having the nerve to criticise those brave soldiers, who have left behind their family for our country.

They will be blamed if they pick and choose issues to interfere in. Because otherwise their silence can be construed as approval approval.
Under Kiyani the Army has steadily withdrawn from influencing policy. Domestic policies were the first to be of limits, and we have also seen a limiting of the Army role in other areas such as weapons purchases and some areas of foreign policy. Wherever the Army chooses to act constitutionally, Pakistanis should be glad.

@ Imran Khan----> i miss your post on this topic today ... comeback...

Fine, there was no concession made. But the facts remain that the Army acted constitutionally by following the Ggovernment position on the Davis issue, so why blame the Army for acting constitutionally?

As for suicide bombings by the family of the victim, unless the attack was on Davis himself, there is nothing to support. Their loss does jot justify the killing of innocents on a bus, in a market or in a mosque, as Palestinian, al qaeda and Taliban terrorists like to do.

try to convince the public that army acted constitutionally by following GOP. and btw this government is installed by cia thu NRO (once again thankx to army) and now we come to know that around 50-60 million were bogus votes, which elected gov u talking abt??

and what if they come after Pakistan army, after all , most of the suicide bombings are in reaction to drone attacks.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

So has USA apologized yet?

are you kidding man?

Under Kiyani the Army has steadily withdrawn from influencing policy. Domestic policies were the first to be of limits, and we have also seen a limiting of the Army role in other areas such as weapons purchases and some areas of foreign policy. Wherever the Army chooses to act constitutionally, Pakistanis should be glad.

SHOULD I TELL YOU HOW MANY DEFENDERS WENT TO PM HOUSE TO GET KIYANI EXTENSTION ?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

So has USA apologized yet?

they will...

its not funny.

If the PA didnt take action against Taliban,we would have ppl like u ranting "The ISI is supporting Taliban against Innocent People". Now that they have tooken action against taliban you still find a way to complain.

You should appreciate the hard work of Pakistani soldiers (not perfect work, but hard work). look at yourself sitting comfortable in your home,having the nerve to criticise those brave soldiers, who have left behind their family for our country.

for me and majority of Pakistanis, it's funny.

they are themselves responsible to make things hard, we praise the good work done by them but don't expect us like uncle lal topi zaid hamid to praise PA like parrots.

yeah i have just looked at myself, i have all the right in the world to criticize the army who get the benefits/salaries from our money, i give them the money which i could have used to feed my child or get him/her educated. The army is answerable to the people of Pakistan.

Hence my argument that why blame the Army when all it did was follow the Gop position.

why blame Army?
ok, this army was a party to impose on us cia installed NRO govenment.

this is the same army when it comes to power, it join hands with the same corrupt politician and become bhai bahi.

Back
Top Bottom