What's new

Pakistan demands apology over drone strike

Reading first 30 posts, i must say. There is sooooo much divergence in people's opinion regarding Army, Zardari, religion and politics.

Some say kill zardari get 10 thumbs up, other says No Zardari has nothing to do get rid of GHQ gets 12 thumbs up.

:undecided: what is this mess in opinions on MOST common matter. First all(Majority atleast ) pakistani people need to think ALIKE, so that something could BE done.

People don't hate army but they are angry at army right now for their inaction and rightly so.

....but their anger is turning into blind rage...

it appears if a handful of the these "Agitated" chaps were to catch hold of a army chap , they are literally gonna lynch him.

As i had said before, it wasnt just kayani himself....im sure the cream of your country`s political wing gave their nod.

People don't hate army but they are angry at army right now for their inaction and rightly so.

It is media war of anti Pakistan elements.

Ever wonder why there are no posts against Rehaman Malik who have released many terrorists and even tried to cover up there links with India.

Pakistan is in grip of foreign agents, this is why i say Pakistan has more threat from the traitors and corrupt elements within the govt. rather than any thing else.

In last few years more foreign spies and operatives have entered in Pakistan than all of its history.

The devaluation of Pakistan currency from 50/USD to 100/USD by Zardari regime was a help to anti Pakistan states, in reducing their costs of operations in Pakistan.

Reading first 30 posts, i must say. There is sooooo much divergence in people's opinion regarding Army, Zardari, religion and politics.

Some say kill zardari get 10 thumbs up, other says No Zardari has nothing to do get rid of GHQ gets 12 thumbs up.

:undecided: what is this mess in opinions on MOST common matter. First all(Majority atleast ) pakistani people need to think ALIKE, so that something could BE done.

We are one emotional nation. It is difficult to concentrate when you are angry. Same is the case here. Some are angry at Govt, some at army, some at judiciary and so on. When tempers will cool down perhaps then we will be able to think cohesively.

....but their anger is turning into blind rage...

it appears if a handful of the these "Agitated" chaps were to catch hold of a army chap , they are literally gonna lynch him.

As i had said before, it wasnt just kayani himself....im sure the cream of your country`s political wing gave their nod.

Everyone was involved.

As for the blind rage, i don't think it will last long. Yes people are angry at Kiyani. I have seen the same situation on media.In various talk shows today,people didn't spare army in criticism as well. I only wish that army could take notice that their popularity is reaching to the level of our Govt.

Media got freedom during Musharraf era and since then army is under fire. So you are wrong noone questions army.

What kind of fire? You won't believe how surprised (almost shocked) I was to see people questioning the role of Army in this forum itself, after the Raymond Davis incident. I have never seen anyone, be it in this forum, or anywhere else, questioning the Army, leave alone it being under fire. Could you please cite examples of the media putting the Army or the COAS under question?

We have dedicated set of writers who only write against army. That's why army is very sensitive about PR right now.

That is very much possible (although I would like to see who has written against the army). I know of only one man who continuously writes against the army, his name is Pervez Hoodbhoy, and for long he has been branded a traitor/Indian here and there.

Before that they never cared. You have no idea that how much vindictive our media is. Both army and civilian Govt fear media.

I know no one cared earlier because there were not as many modes of the media either. However, I find it very hard to believe the Army fears the media. Rather, possibly media fears the Army. I would be thankful to you if you could show me the frequent instances where the media has talked against the Army.

Everyone was involved.

As for the blind rage, i don't think it will last long. Yes people are angry at Kiyani. I have seen the same situation on media.In various talk shows today,people didn't spare army in criticism as well. I only wish that army could take notice that their popularity is reaching to the level of our Govt.

but why dont ppl realise that is not something that has been created now?? the previous "rulers" have paved way for the americans to act audaciously.This is worrying, its like ignorance is bliss. Why aint ppl raising their voices against earlier figures???
This monument of a problem wasnt built by kayani nor zardari..

This monument was always in the making. This time tho, the Americans literally "lit it up"

againt my question wrt talk shows would be are they raining fingers to teh actions of teh past...coz ehen you have a common scapegoat its always easier to dump mud and get away with it

This is a very interesting article about revolution all over the world and America as well as America is the head of the snake. That is where the ultimate revolution would happen in a few years time.

The Qadri Affect

Guys of all the Nations, India is one Stupid Nation ? Pakistan is so receptive and accommodative look how they are helping to curb extremism & extremists?

US Govt clinched deal with erstwhile ruler musharaff to strike drones at extremists, while providing aid to the nation? Why not india also negotiate similar deal with present army & government of pakistan which would allow it send some drones to wipe out extremists in pakistan eastern border the likes of hafeez, illyas kashmiri etc. India can offer more aid, and the best thing is it offered MFN status to pakistan, we can provide some arms, liberal import policy, create more people-people contacts, which would help the hands of government to establish better democracy?

Why not the neighbours shouldn't be given an opportunity, it deserves it.

Media got freedom during Musharraf era and since then army is under fire. So you are wrong that noone questions army. We have dedicated set of writers who only write against army. That's why army is very sensitive about PR right now. Before that they never cared. You have no idea that how much vindictive our media is. Both army and civilian Govt fear media.

yes every thing is evil except zardari and army, its musharraf era that those army killings were initiated, pakistanis hadnt seen the army mass killings since 1971

What kind of fire? You won't believe how surprised (almost shocked) I was to see people questioning the role of Army in this forum itself, after the Raymond Davis incident. I have never seen anyone, be it in this forum, or anywhere else, questioning the Army, leave alone it being under fire. Could you please cite examples of the media putting the Army or the COAS under question?

That is very much possible (although I would like to see who has written against the army). I know of only one man who continuously writes against the army, his name is Pervez Hoodbhoy, and for long he has been branded a traitor/Indian here and there.

I know no one cared earlier because there were not as many modes of the media either. However, I find it very hard to believe the Army fears the media. Rather, possibly media fears the Army. I would be thankful to you if you could show me the frequent instances where the media has talked against the Army.

No it is no surprise that people have written things against army. They are in shock.

It is very common practice in media to talk against army. Criticism reached its peak during Musharraf era. Perhaps you have no idea that how much our media played a role in out-setting Musharraf.

Our all English newspapers never forget to remind army of their blunders. Read them everyday, you will find many writers. One that is on my mind is dawn writer Cyril Almeida. Besides who doesn't know Ayesha Jalal, sethi writers, Nadeem Paracha etc.

COAS was first questioned after wikileaks if i rightly remember in Hamid Mir programme where he commented on Kiyani that he is quite a politician. Though among all generals to date, he faced least defamation. For the first time i saw his parody in a comedy programme after that. Today the mood of media was certainly against him. I am sure that in the coming days army is going to face stiff opposition.

Our media is bit of a whistle blower. It is a sort of investigative journalism. It looks for stories and that's what everyone fears. Kiyani condemnation was a PR move. It didn't work. Then Pak announced that they have canceled scheduled strategic dialogue with US. I am not sure if this will work either.

yes every thing is evil except zardari and army, its musharraf era that those army killings were initiated, pakistanis hadnt seen the army mass killings since 1971

Oh dear i know about that. Noone is pious here. Be it army or Govt. However you are going to far in criticism. I am no less angry than you are but if you want to criticize do it fairly.

Its time for a revolution in the US, the head of the snake. The main reason for revolutions all over the world. The supporter of tyrants all over the world. The usurper, the leader of the new world disorder, the linchpin of the American Industrial-military complex, the breeding ground for the neo-cons, the mother of all evils. America had a virgin birth just like Jesus. Its the only child of Satan.

Basically the drone attack was to divert the media attention from DAvis to drone,,, it was all media tactics made by kiyani to improve its position but i dont think so because the army used the media personnels to gain or increasing the rate of pakistan when they came to negotiate with CIA for davis case, now those media guys aware of the fact and they are seems to be angry and taking kiyani hard.
Brussels meeting cancellation news was not highlighted by the media just to give ISI an indication that no more USE...

Basically the drone attack was to divert the media attention from DAvis to drone,,, it was all media tactics made by kiyani to improve its position but i dont think so because the army used the media personnels to gain or increasing the rate of pakistan when they came to negotiate with CIA for davis case, now those media guys aware of the fact and they are seems to be angry and taking kiyani hard.
Brussels meeting cancellation news was not highlighted by the media just to give ISI an indication that no more USE...

I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom