What's new

Pakistan cricket great Wasim Akram to marry Melbourne woman

pkuser2k12

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
592324-wasim-akram.jpg

PAKISTAN cricket great Wasim Akram is engaged to marry Melbourne woman Shaniera Thompson.

The famed left-arm bowler, 47, proposed on bended knee in their lounge room to Ms Thompson, 30.

"It was the romantic moment of my life because it was so genuine," she said.

A former public relations consultant from Brighton, Ms Thompson has converted to Islam, and will call Pakistan home. She said Akram was nervous about proposing in the traditional way.

"He was really sweet about it.

He asked me what my dream proposal would be and I said I'm not the type of woman that likes a big scene. I would want it to be at home or somewhere private.

"Then I came into the lounge room and he was on his knee and asked me if I'd marry him."

But the joyful mood was soon broken by a worried look on Thompson's face.

She told Akram: "If we are doing this the traditional way, then you have to ask my father."

He called Ms Thompson's father, who gave his blessing.

The pair met in Melbourne in 2011 and Akram said he was happy he had found love.

"I never thought I would get married again, but I am lucky and very happy to find love again," he said.

"It just goes to show that life can give you a second chance."

Akram's first wife, Huma, died in 2009. They had two boys, now aged 15 and 12.

SOURCE:

Pakistan cricket great Wasim Akram to marry Melbourne woman | News.com.au

oops I was also creating the same thread... Just checked similar threads and it already existed :(

you cant call a match fixer a great?

sorry but calling great to wasim is not right

he is the reason we lost to aussies in the final 1999 world cup because he fixed the match

he is also the rason why we had to go through spot fixing scandal, he is the one who introduced muhammad amir to pak team

you cant call a match fixer a great?

sorry but calling great to wasim is not right

he is the reason we lost to aussies in the final 1999 world cup because he fixed the match

he is also the rason why we had to go through spot fixing scandal, he is the one who introduced muhammad amir to pak team

their is no proof bring proof before blaming him of fixing

what proof you have that he was a fixer ?

you think wasim is not a match fixer? entire world knows it, he just got away with it, rashid latif had confessed and named many players who were involved in match fixing, wasim was one among who werent caught but others like saleem malik etc were caught

18753_305485441372_2217866_n.jpg

18753_305485926372_2201478_n.jpg

I bet it is akin to this joke:

A group of 40-year-olds discussed where to meet for dinner.Finally, it was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant; because the waiters and waitresses were good looking and had buff bodies.

10 years later, at age 50, the group once again discussed where to meet for dinner.
Finally, it was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant; because the food was really good and there was a great selection of wines.

10 years later, at age 60, the group once again discussed where to meet for dinner.
Finally, it was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant; because they could eat in peace and quiet and the restaurant had a beautiful view of the ocean.

10 years later, at age 70, the group once again discussed where to meet for dinner.
Finally, it was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant; because the restaurant was wheel chair accessible and it even had an elevator.

10 years later, at age 80, the group once again discussed where to meet for dinner.
Finally, it was agreed they should meet at the Ocean View Restaurant; because they had never been there before.

Back
Top Bottom