What's new

Wasim Akram to marry aussie girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

My-Analogous

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
If Australian news websites are to be believed, Pakistan cricket great Wasim Akram is set to wed Melbourne fiancé Shaniera Thompson.

The famous left-arm fast bowler, who is 47, proposed to Thomson, 30, in their lounge room, the Herald Sun, along with other Australian news sites reported.

“It was a romantic moment of my life because it was so genuine,” said Thompson.

A former public relations consultant from Brighton, Thompson is a convert to Islam, and will call Pakistan home. She said Akram was nervous about proposing in the traditional way.

“He was really sweet about it. He asked me what my dream proposal would be, and I said that I wasn’t the type of woman to like big scenes. I said I would want it to be at home or somewhere private. He then came into the lounge, on his knee and asked me if I would marry him,” she said

Thompson’s father gave his blessing to the couple.

The pair met in Melbourne in 2011 — something that Akram said he was happy about.

“I never thought that I would marry again, but I am lucky and very happy to find love once again,” he said.

“It just goes to show that life can give you a second chance.”

Akram’s first wife, Huma, died in 2009. They had two boys, now aged 15 and 12.

Wasim Akram to marry Melbourne fiance? – The Express Tribune

592324-wasim-akram.jpg

Good couple.

Good luck to him! And the girl.

Congratulation, Wasim Akram for his choice. We are happy for you! :tup:

592324-wasim-akram.jpg

PAKISTAN cricket great Wasim Akram is engaged to marry Melbourne woman Shaniera Thompson.

The famed left-arm bowler, 47, proposed on bended knee in their lounge room to Ms Thompson, 30.

"It was the romantic moment of my life because it was so genuine," she said.

A former public relations consultant from Brighton, Ms Thompson has converted to Islam, and will call Pakistan home. She said Akram was nervous about proposing in the traditional way.

"He was really sweet about it.

He asked me what my dream proposal would be and I said I'm not the type of woman that likes a big scene. I would want it to be at home or somewhere private.

"Then I came into the lounge room and he was on his knee and asked me if I'd marry him."

But the joyful mood was soon broken by a worried look on Thompson's face.

She told Akram: "If we are doing this the traditional way, then you have to ask my father."

He called Ms Thompson's father, who gave his blessing.

The pair met in Melbourne in 2011 and Akram said he was happy he had found love.

"I never thought I would get married again, but I am lucky and very happy to find love again," he said.

"It just goes to show that life can give you a second chance."

Akram's first wife, Huma, died in 2009. They had two boys, now aged 15 and 12.

SOURCE:

Pakistan cricket great Wasim Akram to marry Melbourne woman | News.com.au

did he easily forget his dead wife?

No, he didn't forget. Would you be stuck with dead wife ? Would you accept his loneliness without wife? It is been 4 years, it is not easy for him.

Life is moving, get second chance. Nothing wrong with it.

---------------
Full life speaking English with this Western girl. Speak English only, lol?

Ḥashshāshīn;4498748 said:
His privacy should not be invaded like this.

Wait for the MMS to get leaked, in the mean time, contact Shane Warne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom