What's new

Pakistan conducts successful test launch of Shaheen-3 SSM (2750 km)

That's correct. I don't know where people got the info that Shaheen 2 had 2500 km range, maybe they are mixing it with Ghauri, which too had only 2000km range. It was never more than 1500km.

Samar Mubarikmand Interview march 9,2004

Considering it took 11 yrs to go from Shaheen 2 to Shaheen 3 ..hopefully we will see it tested by 2026.
why so hurry ? it was not need of time the need of time was babur raad and nasr more then long range . even now do we really need 3500km missile ? for what ?

That's correct. I don't know where people got the info that Shaheen 2 had 2500 km range, maybe they are mixing it with Ghauri, which too had only 2000km range. It was never more than 1500km.

Ghauri 1 and 2 were liquid fueled ballistic missile of 1200Km and 1500 Kms range, directly imported from North Korea (Nodong A and B missiles) in a C130 airplane under Benazir Bhutto regime, in exchange for nuclear know how on uranium enrichment and centrifuges.

A desperate measure adopted to bring New Delhi in range on Pakistan ballistic missiles.

These successful missile test news are even though welcome, none of them can actually beat the sensation of the first Ghauri test, as I remember it.

Khalid Hameed on 9 PM khabarnama of PTV announcing 'Pakistan nay pandhra so kilometer tak maar karnay walay Ghauri missile ka kamyab tajruba kiya hay' followed by a smile and a short video clip of the launch.

Few seconds later, the whole village was out in the streets, shouting Pakistan Zindabad and thousands of shots fired in the air. From a distance you could hear it as if it were fireworks.

A celebration that was surpassed only by the one for nuclear explosions.

Considering it took 11 yrs to go from Shaheen 2 to Shaheen 3 ..hopefully we will see it tested by 2026.

Don't worry about the timeline,last 11 years were the worst in our history and the bad time is already over,the future developments will be quick because of the expanding budget

They've never said before that the missile is tested at maximum range and if they've named it as Shaheen 3, then 2750 definitely isn't its max range otherwise what's the purpose of new name for just 250Km increased range? :azn:
One has to understand the difference between at maximum range vs at its maximum range!?
The first meaning the farthest identified target within its range, while the second can be much beyond that...

Here
You are assuming that missile has not been fired at a minimum energy trajectory and its range can be further increased by changing it is trajectory,

do you have any prove that it was fired in minimum energy trajectory ... ?? No ... ?? OK leave it .... you are hell-bent prove two thinks

1- That I posted it is fired in depress trajectory
2- Your claim that it is fired in minimum energy trajectory ....

For the first point you still have to prove that I said or posted that it was fired in depress trajectory its not my problem if you have comprehension issue ....

BTW do you even know what a depress trajectory is ....??

allow me to help you to understand it
depressed trajectory1.JPG

from the above attachment two thing is quit easily understandable

1- S-III was not fired in depressed trajectory as the apogee (692 KM) is greater ten the apogee (350 KM) of comparable class of missile by range i.e. Angi-III

2- Short time of flight is not necessarily dependent on Depressed Trajectory

Now the question is was it fired with minimum energy trajectory ..... answer is no because of the two reasons

First reason
minimum energy trajectory.JPG
on the basis of above attachment S-III should have achieved 550 KM apogee for the distance of 2750 KM (20% of 2750 KM= 550 KM)

but as stated previously in today's test the apogee was 692 KM so it was way above the minimum energy trajectory zone; here at this stage I would ask you to watch the video of the missile test shared in previous pages of this thread; the flight pattern appears like this
S-III 4.0.JPG

which is similar to the flight pattern of this attachment
Rus.jpg

It is infact, you who are trolling and coming up with hypothesis to suit your narrative, as the alternative is hard digest for you that it is infact 2750 Km (maximum range missile).

don't make fun of yourself everyone know who is a troll here ..... now no need of any further troll attempt....

Last edited:
do you have any prove that it was fired in minimum energy trajectory ... ?? No ... ?? OK leave it .... you are hell-bent prove two thinks

1- That I posted it is fired in depress trajectory
2- Your claim that it is fired in minimum energy trajectory ....

For the first point you still have to prove that I said or posted that it was fired in depress trajectory its not my problem if you have comprehension issue ....

BTW do you even know what a depress trajectory is ....??

allow me to help you to understand it
View attachment 200971
from the above attachment two thing is quit easily understandable

1- S-III was not fired in depressed trajectory as the its apogee (692 KM) is greater apogee (350 KM) of then the comparable class of missile by the range Angi-III

2- Short time of flight is not necessarily dependent on Depressed Trajectory

Now the question is was it fired with minimum energy trajectory ..... answer is no because of two reasons

First reason
View attachment 200975 on the basis of above attachment S-III should have achieved 550 KM apogee for the distance of 2750 KM (20% of 2750 KM= 550 KM)

but as stated previously in today's test the apogee was 692 KM so it was way above the minimum energy trajectory zone; here at this stage I would ask you to watch the video of the missile test shared in this previous pages of thread; the flight pattern appears like this
View attachment 200979
which is similar to this flight pattern
View attachment 200980

don't make fun of yourself everyone know who is a troll here ..... now no need of any further troll attempt....

Well I have proof of, that it was fired to its maximum possible range, a statement by ISPR itself..leaves no room for this "trajectory - reduced range" debate of yours.

Well I have proof of, that it was fired to its maximum possible range, a statement by ISPR itself..leaves no room for this "trajectory - reduced range" debate of yours.

it was fired to its maximum possible range with the apogee of 692 KM

I think The range of Shaheen must be more than 3000+ .
Seriously does a country have to wait and develops a new missile for 7 years just with range of 250+km to the former Shaheen 2?

Israel And Most Of India ust be under this missile . India's should build more ABM System.

Good Luck.

Entire Israel and Entire India (including North East and Indian-controlled Islands) are under the strike-range of this missile......even if we believe that the maximum possible range of this weapon is 2750km!!

Go to google distance calculator and see it for yourself :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom