What's new

Pakistan conducts successful test launch of Shaheen-3 SSM (2750 km)

One thing i have to praise about India. Their missile test videos are way more detailed. Look at this Agni launch. The first stage seperates at 1:33 . On the contrary we do not know when Shaheen-3 First stage separates,but from the videos we can see that after 1 Minute the stage is still burning,so i assume the Shaheen-3 First stage burns more than 1 Minute,same as Agni

Why the extended range? Here's another interesting photo:

2700km brings another of our friends in range.

The truth is Shaheen-II never had range greater than 1500 km. How could it? We are looking at 25 tons of gross weight, all-steel body, inefficient fuel grain design and lofted trajectory. Back in Mush's era, exaggeration and propaganda was used to boost morale of the public against similar Indian missiles (Agni-II, 2000 km). For those referring to Dr. Mand's interviews hinting at 2750km-ranged Shaheen-II, maybe the original plan was to give an upgrade to the existing system and name it as Shaheen-II A (or something similar).

But from the looks of it, it is still an upgrade, not an entirely new system. The possible modifications resulting in substantial increase in range could be:
1. More efficient solid-fuel (evident from the video, the missile pitches more quickly, just like Shaheen-IA).
2. Composite stage(s) to reduce overall mass.
3. Compact ReV / payload to further reduce mass.
4. Increase in length (seems so from the video).

Those considering the stated range as a downplayed one, don't, because it isn't. 2750 km puts dat potential threat in Pakistan's reach very precisely (though not comfortably). As far as India is concerned, finally (almost) all of it is in the reach, further strengthening Pakistan's deterrence.

The real application of this system would be against the proposed Indian BMD, but the press release didn't mention anything like that, so it is highly likely that for now Shaheen-III does not have the capability to counter a BMD.

The truth is Shaheen-II never had range greater than 1500 km.
That's correct. I don't know where people got the info that Shaheen 2 had 2500 km range, maybe they are mixing it with Ghauri, which too had only 2000km range. It was never more than 1500km.

Never knew Shaheen 2 actually had a range of mere 1500kms :eek: I must be living under a rock for all those years. Damn
I wasnt very happy when i saw the news......Just 2750 wtf? but now it makes complete sense. We have added almost 1000 kms to the Shaheen 2 missile.

By the way has Ghauri series completely rolled back? I do remember seeing one on 23rd march back in 98 or 99 dont know the exact year but it was termed as Ghauri 3 with a range of 3000 kms. Now i think that was a propaganda too.

By the way @The Deterrent considering your post # 230, it seems all those tall claims made by Pakistanis that our missile program is more advanced than India was nothing but an attempt to boast moral as clearly Pakistan never really had any thing besides a 1500 km missile whereas India is now in the league of developing intercontinental missiles.:tsk:

I think nukes are stupid! There's my answer. Use them and we'll all be dead. As a deterrence, sure, they work, but as a weapon they are beyond foolish. Besides, the shock-wave and radiation from a Pakistani nuclear detonation in India will cause damage and death in Pakistan too. Radiation lingers and floats on the winds, perhaps it will float back into Pakistan.

So if you guys want to kill each other, fine, I wont stop you. But please, leave us alone.

As for trembling... well, your nukes can't reach us and ours can reach you:lol:.

Here's what it looks like being on the receiving end of a US nuclear strike:

Clap and cheer at your accomplishment, but be mindful of the consequences of your actions.

Dude last we checked it was the US who threatened to bomb us back to stone age and not the other way round. Nuclear weapons do act as a deterrent and Pakistan should had developed this deterrent against US a long time ago.

At 2750 Kms Shaheen 3 just about covers mainland India..Distance from Eastern tip of pakistan to Eastern tip of India is 2500 Kms.

Needless to say, it will take atleast 3-4 more test firing for the missile to be operationalised, which again will take atleast 3-4 yrs more.

At present longest range missile in Pakistan inventory is Shaheen 2 at 1500 Kms, which when fired from South eastern tip of Pakistan, can not even reach Bangalore(more than 1600 kms) away.

At 2750 Kms Shaheen 3 just about covers mainland India..Distance from Eastern tip of pakistan to Eastern tip of India is 2500 Kms.

Needless to say, it will take atleast 3-4 more test firing for the missile to be operationalised, which again will take atleast 3-4 yrs more.

At present longest range missile in Pakistan inventory is Shaheen 2 at 1500 Kms, which when fired from South eastern tip of Pakistan, can not even reach Bangalore(more than 1600 kms) away.

Shaheen IV range 6000km

Good to see that finally it tested.
A big salute to our whole scientists team for thier remarkable job done

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom