What's new

Pakistan conducts a successful test flight of indigenously developed Fatah-1, Guided Multi Launch Rocket System

Whatever the system is, it is a huge capability enhancement! 140 km with high accuracy will give nightmares to the enemy. Great achievement indeed! Not only can their future S-400 batteries (even if they get one) would have to be placed outside its range, such an MLRS could quickly overwhelm the AD systems while revealing the positions of the radars! And all this at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:
Major threat for indian S400 batteries

If the distance between S400 & MLRS < 140 km , which I doubt will be the case as S400 batteries probably be placed a bit deep in land from the border.

@PanzerKiel
Firstly Congrats & secondly your input is appreciated brother (of course while remaining in unclassified domain ) :-)

Is it so? I believe S400 can intercept significant number of missiles fired.
If these rockets are intercepted by S400...that's still a loss(for India)...bcuz these rockets are way cheaper compared to each S400 missile...
...moreover it will be a volley of rockets...

If they are not intercepted by S400...the S400 battery would be toast. Either way a win-win for Pak.

Of course that's if S400 comes within range of this MLRS and is located first so it can be targeted.

Last edited:
If the distance between S400 & MLRS < 140 km , which I doubt will be the case as S400 batteries probably be

That's the purpose of this development. Keeping S400 batteries as far as possible from the border thus making them less effective for our fighter planes / attack helicopters. Greater the distance more time for our planes to detect and dodge any incoming enemy missile.

This MLRS will be used for specific tasks considering its guided nature.

Targets include other immovable air force assets as well (apart from SAM sites).

One of the axes for next round of tail chopping.

I remember A100 MRLS max range to be 100Km. Is it 120Km instead...as u r stating here?

From official catalogue

Untitled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom