What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

I have been looking at it frame by frame I cannot come to a decision but I am certain that what ever it is it isnt a J-10 and the cockpit and the wing placement is not really close to a flanker!

Analyzing the Vertical stabilizer, high wing position and front fuselage symmetry is making me lean towards the JH-7 BUT! the 4th covered aircraft to me appears to have two Vstabs.

There is a very high possibility that these videos will be scrutinized by the IAF intelligence it might very well be a calculated move on behalf of the PAF.
New JH-7A2 are new version of old Jh7A equip with AESA could be good for Maritime tole

I would add ... "if these images are indeed from this year's exercise!"
Yes these are beacuse Mirage 5 in pic belongs to Haiders karachi based last exercise were based at shorkot punjab I remember those Shorkot is home of Mirage. So these are definitely Bolhari pics latest

Yes these are beacuse Mirage 5 in pic belongs to Haiders karachi based last exercise were based at shorkot punjab I remember those Shorkot is home of Mirage. So these are definitely Bolhari pics latest

Thanks a lot.

I have been looking at it frame by frame I cannot come to a decision but I am certain that what ever it is it isnt a J-10 and the cockpit and the wing placement is not really close to a flanker!

Analyzing the Vertical stabilizer, high wing position and front fuselage symmetry is making me lean towards the JH-7 BUT! the 4th covered aircraft to me appears to have two Vstabs.

There is a very high possibility that these videos will be scrutinized by the IAF intelligence it might very well be a calculated move on behalf of the PAF.

You are right. Those are twin vstabs. You need to understand the distortion that low quality imagery can cause. If you do not have a good understanding of it, it is better not to analyze bad quality images because you are going to come to the wrong conclusion. It is a busy airfield, there is fumes from engine exhaust, cloudy weather (seemingly) and a low quality camera. I refuse to reach any conclusions.

Last edited:
I was wondering that too.....and yes i captured the image from todays video of CJCSC visit to the exercise.

From sina.com news, there are 4 J-11BS, 4 J-10C, 2 Y-20a, KJ-500 from PLAAF and some J-11BH from PLAN.
Just wondering are these J-10s or something else.

View attachment 697918
From sina.com news, there are 4 J-10c, 4 J-11bs, 2 Y-20a, KJ-500 from PLAAF and some J-11bh from PLAN.

...I refuse to reach any conclusions.

Why? Even if blurred, these images are in any way clear enough to 100% identify the aircraft shown.
As such there is nothing mysterious ... and by the way, there is no JH-7A with an AESA in service.

1608454009336.png

Why? Even if blurred, these images are in any way clear enough to 100% identify the aircraft shown.
As such there is nothing mysterious ... and by the way, there is no JH-7A with an AESA in service.

View attachment 698098

Because due to the angle of the image and the blur, it is impossible to tell whether one of the twin tails is hidden from view, or the aircraft genuinely has a single tail. Don't waste my time insisting on one or the other. The image is simply too blurry and this is my final analysis.

Because due to the angle of the image and the blur, it is impossible to tell whether one of the twin tails is hidden from view, or the aircraft genuinely has a single tail. Don't waste my time insisting on one or the other. The image is simply too blurry and this is my final analysis.

Sorry to say so, then it's only a "final analysis" based on the unwillingness to finish a decent analysis.
At least I feel pretty well able to do a true "final analysis" based on what we know, what could be and what not.

So even if you are eventually not interested and rate this analysis as a waste of time, others may be interested ... Just look at the tails, the angles and the composition of other details like fuselage, humps, the wings visible and radomes. There is only one J-11B and four JH-7As, that's all even after a third @CriticalThought !

Or do you expect the far right one to be mystical twin-tailed aircraft, that has never been seen before? 😉

Best and take care.

Exercise Shaheen-IX strengthens cooperation between Pak-China: CJCSC

Exercise Shaheen-IX strengthens cooperation between Pak-China: CJCSC

https://nation.com.pk/NewsSource/web-desk
December 20, 2020

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, General Nadeem Raza has said that the exercise "Shaheen-IX" would further enhance the friendship and cooperation between the two great nations, Pakistan and China as well as their Armed Forces.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom