What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

AESA radar
Thanks Sir, for your valuable take,
Radar is radar. No more no less. All it does, detect and range. I am talking from an engineering perspective. What is so special in AESA, it does not need a mechanical system to scan a wide area to detect and range. Secondly, it has better immunity against jamming. For It can quickly switch over its frequency. Being fully electronic control it also offers better options for missiles guidance.
All these things are managed and displayed on screens for pilot like iPad. Computer and other systems are there to help and assist the pilot, to make his tasks easy and automated and less tolling.
PAF has been operating AESA radar since long in the shape of aireye AWACS. so it has already tasted blood. Let JF-17B3 come PAF is ready to rock-and-roll in the subcontinent arena.

PAF & J-10 or JF-17 Block 3 is unrelated to the Shaheen IX exercise.
What is so special in this exercise, only 2 Planes J11 and J10, What we have been doing? Discussing these. their ins and outs sir, their capabilities regarding our SOCALLED OWN JF-17 and it upcoming iteration.
No activity of this exercise is available in public domain right now, except one video showing landing of the planes. Please do share your valuable knowledge and details about it. We all are desperately looking for, almost dying in anticipation for these.
Please do tell us what is more related to this exercise, if PAF, J10, and JF17 are not related to this exercise. Sorry, I missed state-of-the art, most modern F-7 and mirage.

What is so special in this exercise, only 2 Planes J11 and J10, What we have been doing? Discussing these. their ins and outs sir, their capabilities regarding our SOCALLED OWN JF-17 and it upcoming iteration.
No activity of this exercise is available in public domain right now, except one video showing landing of the planes. Please do share your valuable knowledge and details about it. We all are desperately looking for, almost dying in anticipation for these.
Please do tell us what is more related to this exercise, if PAF, J10, and JF17 are not related to this exercise. Sorry, I missed state-of-the art, most modern F-7 and mirage.

Sorry, but I'm also most interested in this exercise but having NO information is at least IMO not a reason to once again discuss if the PAF should get Flankers, if these PLAAF J-10Cs are in fact already for the PAF or the JF-17 Block 3's AESA... it is irrelevant to this exercise.

This is even more annoying since we have dedicated threads or any of these off-topic discussions.

But If you want again to recycle the same arguments which were discussed already so often in the appropriate threads here too, please go ahead, but at least let others add their own opinion.

You are absolutely wrong, it is related, that’s the nature of a discussion.

Of A discussion indeed, but since Pakistan operates no J-10C and also the Block 3 is not in service yet any discussion is moot and off-topic related to this shaheen IX exercise.

If you want to discuss a potential future PAF use of J-10C and the Block 3 in a future Shaheen, then ok, but please do that in a separate thread.

I know its in the middle of no-f**king-where, but has anyone gotten any images of the Exercise so far?

What, how come we don't have any of those Plane Spotters like they have in Nevada :unsure: .

I know its in the middle of no-f**king-where, but has anyone gotten any images of the Exercise so far?

What, how come we don't have any of those Plane Spotters like they have in Nevada :unsure: .
No spotter, and no fly on the wall in Bholari air base to tell us what is really going on in this exercise
I read somewhere about this air base that it was specifically made for Chinese fighter planes like J-10 which will station here for CPEC and Gwadar.. That may be the reason of conducting this exercise particularly in this base. It may be rumor as usual.
Any how No pics yet, nothing of this exercise in the media. The Chinese planes came and lost in the air base.
Maybe Mr.Bilawal will order an inquiry commission to know the whereabouts of the planes.

Maybe Mr.Bilawal will order an inquiry commission to know the whereabouts of the planes.
That mutant wouldn't know the difference between a Fighter Jet & a Cessna.

I'd love to see him strapped into a F-16 for one of those incentive rides. A GoPro would probably catch him pass out during takeoff at ½ G.

Does anyone know the numbers that have shown up from China?

I don't think the Y-20 is going to be involved in the exercise, as they probably flew in the support. I'd be nice if the much awaited Y-20 (Tanker variant) could've made the trip.

Briefing room

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 7.56.35 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom