What's new

Pakistan-China Joint Air Force Exercise "Shaheen-IX 2020"

J-10C is very capable aircraft carrying 4 PL-15 along with 2 short-range missiles. It has 15% less cross section comparative to J10A. Further more It carries AESA radar with an enhanced range capable of locking more targets. And improved data link to fire a missile from one while guiding it from the second fighter. So no need to switching on all radars of the attack package. Accompanying with Missile truck type plane It can wrought Havoc on the enemy.

Hi,

The issue is NO FLAG markings---.

Pardon, but what do you mean with NO FLAG marking? ... there is clearly a PLAAF symbol visible and no Chinese J-10 has ever carried a flag.

As such there's nothing more to debate on if this might be a Pakistani one or f it lacks PLAAF markings.
Hi,

That is not the issue---. The aircraft must have large / clear national identification marking unless it is an evaluation aircraft sent by the manufacturer---.

No it must not! Since when is there a rule that an aircraft flying in foreign airspace must have clear colourful markings?
Please explain why when there are already several PLAAF fighters out with low - and in fact very-low visibility - markings.
It is the PLAAF's 131 Air Brigade's aircraft.

No it si not ... it's from the 177th Air Brigade and that's clearly confirmed by its serial.

Last edited:
J-10C just does what it used to do in Pakistan in 2018.

What is the J-10C used to do generally compared to the J-11 series, and what is it specially used to do in Pakistan? And what it can do to Dassault Rafale?
Happy to see such advanced level exercise to be conducted in our area.
A bit sad that we have not that kind of advanced war planes yet.

It's strange that Pakistan and China had not such exercise in the past (the period from 1965-2010).

Last edited:
no Chinese J-10 has ever carried a flag.
:D
img-e9c25f9107618e407220fabdd8815bcd.jpg

@ LKJ86
The pic is of J10A an old version aircraft while the under discussion is J-10C carrying only an invisible No. only, altogether a different color scheme. All that is triggering curiosity about the plane, there is a constant ongoing rumours since a long time now of induction of J-10C in Pakistan.

Pardon, but what do you mean with NO FLAG marking? ... there is clearly a PLAAF symbol visible and no Chinese J-10 has ever carried a flag.

As such there's nothing more to debate on if this might be a Pakistani one or f it lacks PLAAF markings.

No it must not! Since when is there a rule that an aircraft flying in foreign airspace must have clear colourful markings?
Please explain why when there are already several PLAAF fighters out with low - and in fact very-low visibility - markings.

No it si not ... it's from the 177th Air Brigade and that's clearly confirmed by its serial.
a6efce1b9d16fdfa28616dac8df8bd5395ee7be5.jpeg

The quality of this photo is worse, but the logo is still visible.And the other one is completely invisible

View attachment 695321

The quality of this photo is worse, but the logo is still visible.And the other one is completely invisible
Boss. Maybe, just maybe the decals are partially covered by the wing in the image?

pl.png

@MastanKhan You should go over to Specsavers. They are running a great deal this month. Buy one pair of specs and get one free.

Alright everyone.... please don't try to undermine each other for this marking thing alone....

Oh by the way.....let me speculate further......................... that simple painted beast is playing aggressor and then will be the defender ........ all the exercise is about learning and hone the skills. No doubt, the capability is there but it just needs to be tested in different and more rigorous scenarios.
As for your answer, can I understand that the main role of the J10C is to simulate Rafale? If I understand it correctly, this is primarily a simulation of an opponent. Rather than testing new weapons and technologies.

I will rather say, it is both. By simulating in aggressor mode; the bird actually prove the mettle viz a viz any other airframe i.e. Rafale for the sake of argument. Then in defender (Blue) mode, it will be showing skills to counter given the level of its teeth & claws. Such an exercise has so many aspects to learn & sharpen the hidden talent or push it to the limits.

@ LKJ86
The pic is of J10A an old version aircraft while the under discussion is J-10C carrying only an invisible No. only, altogether a different color scheme. All that is triggering curiosity about the plane, there is a constant ongoing rumours since a long time now of induction of J-10C in Pakistan.
I knew that, and just for fun. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom