What's new

Pakistan, China building JF-17B prototype

If will refit AESA in the future cause it can serve as mini AWACS for Jf17 block 1/2.

This is gonna be a testbed for BLK3z

Not a testbed but rather a predecessor. I would expect the JF-17B to incorporate additional refinements such as CFRP composites (green material on the unpainted prototype), EW/ECM suite enhancements, and such, that would be found on the Block III.

>Sorry, but this does not even have a true radar !

Keyword is "will". Two of the initial three JF-17B airframes are set to enter service with the PAF, so it must have a radar sooner or later.

Ok ... since some here - including some quotes of Mr. Warnes - say it already HAS.

Fighter Jet Variant Jointly Built By China, Pak Makes Debut Flight
World | Press Trust of India | Updated: April 28, 2017 11:45 IST

jf-17b_650x400_81493360056.jpg

The JF-17B climbed up and stayed in the air for about 26 minutes during its maiden flight.

oh...no.............deino is gonna get mad again....lol

Indeed !?? I really don't if You guys are either simply over-enthusiastic, lazy bad since You make it intentionally or plain stupid ! :hitwall::crazy:

New variants of RD93?
i would say thats more likley than ws 13, as PAF would stick to the same engine. I think PAF has enough engines for the life cycle and has local over hauling capabilities any way.
WS 13 is a good stand by option for countries who dont want russian stuff

i would say thats more likley than ws 13, as PAF would stick to the same engine. I think PAF has enough engines for the life cycle and has local over hauling capabilities any way.
WS 13 is a good stand by option for countries who dont want russian stuff
WS13 is the main system designed for Fc31. We won't fit a foreign power plant on our stealthy fighter in the long term. It's bout national security and string attached.for example, If JF17 compete with Mig29 in certain market, Russia will not provide RD93 to its competitor.

it had begun to fly with FC31 V2.

We will do whatever it takes to develop a powerful domestic engine for the FC31. As a member of Permanent five, we can't rely others for engine supply. We have to cozy up to no one.

Since Russia knows China will produce J11 and J16, they stopped selling us Al31F. We don't care cause we have WS10 in hands. Now at least 300 plus Chinese J11/J16/J15 had installed different variants of WS10 engine. Chinese is a great nation, we won't be led by the nose. All imported engine is for stop gap, that's how it works. Recently I have seen WS15 testing video. When it's 3D vectoring nozzle makes Max throttle, I tell you it's like in the heaven.

I think LiYang is now developing WS12 Tang gu la with Max 9500KG thrust. It takes sometime but worth of waiting, just like Ws15. It just got project approval in year 2014, let us wait.

Back
Top Bottom