What's new

Pakistan carries out airstrikes along AfPak border

I agree a strong diplomatic push needs to be made if the Taliban dont want to cooperate and Pakistan is offering clear evidence of attacks then conducting targeted attacks which have been confirmed through intelligence is the only option left. I worry about indiscriminate attacks which will kill innocent civilians this will lead to a never ending cycle of violence.

The border needs ceiling somehow and more monitoring assets need to shift west. That should be the strategy all along the western border.

Also to inform and remind people here that before Taliban came into Power in Afghanistan, US and Afghan government was actively pushing for breakdown of Pakistan, they were pursuing Pashtun Nationalism with the help of PTM, the goal was to create a civil war between Pashtuns and Pakistan and break away Pashtun areas of Pakistan into Afghanistan. This plot failed due to the defeat and withdrawal of US from Afghanistan. Otherwise you all remember how much problem PTM had become. Now that same PTM is in government.

Make no mistake there will be war if such attacks continue to take place.

One reason I like Shahbaz Sharif is due to his strange liking for creating anti-terrorist forces/squads. He was the brains behind Dolphin Force and its setup in Pakistan.

Give credit where it's due. Also, the military needs to get its shit together. We have discussed the Mrap/Apc aspect to death these are lifesavers military needs to realise the concept of living FFS.
One reason may be is after all the Punjabi factor.The presence of Punjabi PM may be helpful while Imran might have been skeptical about going commando inside Pashtun Afghanistan.This factor was also used to good effect to steamroll MQM terror.Either way , if it helps Pakistan take out those terries, nothing else to give a shit about

MRAPs are good for troop protection against IEDs. But I doubt they'd be much of a protection against RPGs.

People asking that we own Afghan refugees as our citizens are crazy. These people are tribals & have strong links with Afghans. They view our country as their property. These are the same people who supported an independent Pashtunistan for decades. They openly claim that their country extends to Indus.

Until & unless these savages learn to accept rule of law, understand constitutional government, & look beyond what their backward mullahs tell them, we can not even talk to them. Accepting them as brother countrymen is out of the question. The day these troglodytes (yes, cave men) understand that polio vaccine is not a Jewish conspiracy against their children's manhood, we can begin to have some hope for them.

Those talking about economic benefits of Afghan refugees being given citizenship are living on some other planet perhaps, not Earth. Their is no economic benefit to rearing snakes who wish to harm you & push you out of your own home.

MRAPs are good for troop protection against IEDs. But I doubt they'd be much of a protection against RPGs.

People asking that we own Afghan refugees as our citizens are crazy. These people are tribals & have strong links with Afghans. They view our country as their property. These are the same people who supported an independent Pashtunistan for decades. They openly claim that their country extends to Indus.

Until & unless these savages learn to accept rule of law, understand constitutional government, & look beyond what their backward mullahs tell them, we can not even talk to them. Accepting them as brother countrymen is out of the question. The day these troglodytes (yes, cave men) understand that polio vaccine is not a Jewish conspiracy against their children's manhood, we can begin to have some hope for them.

Those talking about economic benefits of Afghan refugees being given citizenship are living on some other planet perhaps, not Earth. Their is no economic benefit to rearing snakes who wish to harm you & push you out of your own home.
Cages work well against RPG attacks. Simple welding and job done

Those who instigated Pashtun Nationalism in Pashtun population and wanted to create pashtunsitan was PTM with the backing of Afghan government and US, now they are in government.

News is primarily based upon some twitter accounts. Is it credible?

Cages work well against RPG attacks. Simple welding and job done
Tandem warhead would take care of that. I dunno whether TTP have those. We need to study if MRAPs are equally valuable in mountainous terrain. This area mountainous & all travel is in valleys. The elevation is up to 7-8 K feet.

Problem is military lack of providing drone coverage and MRAP

Our generals need to go on an internship to turkey, britain and even america to learn how to protect your men

Turkey develoed its MRAPs and drones..
The whole program will cost less a billion $, each Mrap will cost less brass BMWs
Exactly we need to mraps even if "we have to eat grass"

Those who instigated Pashtun Nationalism in Pashtun population and wanted to create pashtunsitan was PTM with the backing of Afghan government and US, now they are in government.
Stop talking when you know nothing.

Pashtunistan bogey is as old as Pakistan. PTM is about Pashtun nationalism, but not about Pashtunistan as supported by Sardar Daud. They accept Pakistan's constitution & wanted good relations with the late Afghan government. They are anti-Taliban & that is why you hate them.

Tandem warhead would take care of that. I dunno whether TTP have those. We need to study if MRAPs are equally valuable in mountainous terrain. This area mountainous & all travel is in valleys. The elevation is up to 7-8 K feet.
Mraps are well suited to such terrain just look at the American offensive in Afghanistan and how they used MRAPs key is never stop in an ambush race through.

Stop talking when you know nothing.

Pashtunistan bogey is as old as Pakistan. PTM is about Pashtun nationalism, but not about Pashtunistan as supported by Sardar Daud. They accept Pakistan's constitution & wanted good relations with the late Afghan government. They are anti-Taliban & that is why you hate them.
PTM is as national as TTP enough said.

We must be imaginative with MRAPs and other armor.Instead of using them to guard the posts endlessly, use them in offensive role to deploy commandos right on top of the terries.I don't mind the armor taking a beating if it keeps our boys safe and crushes the enemy literally.

All the shit storm on our western front is due to our refusal to think and move beyond our borders to safeguard our interests and pursue a ruthless Afghan policy.The ultimate culmination of this would be Pakistan and Afghanistan becoming some sort of a confederation with free passage both ways for people and trade, and Afghanistan becoming our strong hand not a lousy neighbour, but of course for that , a lot of boxes need to be checked.

Also to inform and remind people here that before Taliban came into Power in Afghanistan, US and Afghan government was actively pushing for breakdown of Pakistan, they were pursuing Pashtun Nationalism with the help of PTM, the goal was to create a civil war between Pashtuns and Pakistan and break away Pashtun areas of Pakistan into Afghanistan. This plot failed due to the defeat and withdrawal of US from Afghanistan. Otherwise you all remember how much problem PTM had become. Now that same PTM is in government.
not just that, they were in afghanistan for a multitude of reasons. The ones I can list is supporting pashtun nationalism within Pakistan with people like Pashteen and PTM, sponsoring TTP, funding BLA and other "baloch" groups to slow the rise of CPEC and to deter investors, and also supporting Xingjian/Uyghur separatists. India was also heavily involved in these operations, there was a reason they had multiple embassies and consulates along the pak-afghan border. They were being used to fund and provide support to ttp/bla/etc.

Most of those have never been to afgahisntan and some children fathers have been to afgahnistan either
Many of them dont even speak afghani or know the language

Not saying give them nationality but keep this fact in the mind..
You cant kick them out..
They are just a security risk and economic burden because you refuse to accept them

IMO,
if they are ready to give up any claim on afghani nationality they should be given nationality(only those who were born here i.e are less then 40 years old)

This will makw your econony grow and solve a big secuirity risk
so you agree with IK? at first I agreed with him but when I read in depth and realized how PTM is made up of refugees, they still have anti-Pak sentiments , how recently famous actress of PTV who was Afghan refugee ended up retweeting sanction Pakistan(abiet from 80s when we were much much more accepting as a country due to concentrated GOP messaging- My older brothers talked about how on command of imam masjid they were supposed to bike all around Lahore city collecting chanda for Afghan refugees, still to this day don't know where that chanda went though :lol: - all that summer heat biking probably went to some fat maulanas tid )
Wish we could have built up a brotherly relationship from that goodwill, maybe civil wars of 90s destroyed our relationship

I am not opposed to IK's plans but I would need concrete reasons for it- if we can have 2 million illegal Bangladeshis than Afghans are atleast neighbors

So not fundamentaly opposed to it- but after reading up I am more concerned and would want solid arguments from IK to make this happen

Back
Top Bottom