What's new

Pakistan carries out airstrikes along AfPak border

Like I said Taliban isn’t ONE force. It’s pretty obvious Paktia Taliban is giving them safety and security. Why are the attacks form Paktia? Why isn’t Taliban handing them over to us?

So yea stop SIMPING
It is possible that some local Taliban commander is helping them in Patika, we must engage with Taliban leadership and ask them to fulfill their promises and take action against TTP and anyone who is helping them, also they should investigate how TTP is getting advanced weapons, give them proof. But problem is we don't seem to be visibly engaged with Afghanistan leadership.

confederation of Afghanistan & Pakistan is a pipe dream that I used to have too. This still might be possible, but perhaps not in my lifetime because it would require at least 2 generations worth of work. We just need to develop long term policy to deal with Afghanistan as it exists. Nothing will change in Afghanistan without a war & therefore we'll be stuck with a proud but poor neighbor for foreseeable future. If we try to educate their youth, the young people will question the power-structure & we'll be blamed for interference. Its too complicated & we can only slowly influence Afghans.
Confederation is the only solution since both regions are so co-dependant socioeconomically and politically.No fence can change these centuries old realities. Pakistan and Afghanistan must fit like a glove, there is no other alternative.

Maulvi Faqir was in Kabul Jail before Taliban took the city, he and hundreds of TTP fighters were freed, while ISKP (Islamic state) fighters were methodically re-arrested or executed.

Mate there has been constant requests and negotiations since they came into power, what are you on about?
More negotiation, they are not visibly happening for the past few months.

This should have been done immediately after NATO withdrawal, Fishy, why they chose this moment

More negotiation, they are not visibly happening for the past few months.
That is because they have stalled, that is what happens when one side refuses to negotiate which is the Taliban. But why do you think its okay to instead of giving support to our soldiers who are under fire, simply let them die and 'negotiate' later.

Not doing cross border attacks and suicide bombings isn’t a “crisis”. When Afg was stable even then they still tried to attack.
What I meant by "crisis" was the decades old war torn economy and the fractured Afghan society.Solving this does not mean we take the Talib shit continuously or tolerate cross-border attacks, but solve these issues and integrate the Afghan state like sort of a confederation.We will be alone in this but it is our problem and we alone would have to solve it.

Let me be clear, to the older posters here. I am HammerHead081's brother. We both used to use the same account as it was a thing between us. I was mainly contributing through that account but it was under my sibling's ownership. However, we had political differences over PTI and PMLN after which i started using this account.
Why are you quoting me? did I ask for your history or background?

That is because they have stalled, that is what happens when one side refuses to negotiate which is the Taliban. But why do you think its okay to instead of giving support to our soldiers who are under fire, simply let them die and 'negotiate' later.
I don't think that. We must respond and kill all those who come to attack by deploying drones. I was just saying that the goal of TTP is to create conflict between Afghanistan and Pakistan, we must not let that happen.

What I meant by "crisis" was the decades old war torn economy and the fractured Afghan society.Solving this does not mean we take the Talib shit continuously or tolerate cross-border attacks, but solve these issues and integrate the Afghan state like sort of a confederation.We will be alone in this but it is our problem and we alone would have to solve it.

You can’t have a confederation with people that think of you as their Israel

This is extreme ignorance.

Attacks need to be stopped by diplomatic means, military option should be a last resort.
How many deaths do you think are necessary for attacking on the culprits who are killing continuely our soldiers.
They didn't understand diplomacy in swat and they will understand in Afghanistan.
Taliban have to stop them otherwise Afghani will die also in these attacks.

Quite a petty comment when i am being honest about it. Not surprised because a youthiya brings the IQ of the whole room down anyway. Clearly you have no idea who i am.
Itna jazbaati hona ki zaroorat nahi i can also respond to you in the language the likes of you understand but meri terbiyat aisi nahi ha. Abb nikal lo aram sa.

No
And RPG are inaccurate
USA lost less then 3000 men and less then 1000 after MRAPs

We are losing a 1000 men a year because we refuse to buy them
Zia more than procurement, there is an issue of no accountability. We might blame top brass (and maybe rightly to some extent) but local commanders are getting away with their complacency.

PMLN governments are terrible for economy, are way to pro-india, do not carry nationalism on Thier chest and overall a massive net negative historically

but one things for sure- they are absolutely brutal when it comes to security issues and maintaining law and order , they push security agencies towards aggressively dealing with these issues

Karachi operations of 90s, 2010s, 2014 TTP operations, forget that even Punjab police I clearly remember going on a killing spree in cities when voilance started increasing way too much - mostly extra judicial though as even petty criminals were killed of to send a message

Now this brutality resulted in model Town massacre too
So double edged sword I guess

Just hope to God they focus Thier energy on Afghanistan and not own people...

I regret engaging you. You clearly have no valuable input to give after the likes of you have seen your taliban sympathizer egomaniac lose his power. You guys would put him above Pakistan.
At least we dont support an "imported PM" which says a lot of the likes of you supporting him.

Back
Top Bottom