What's new

Pakistan buys Chinese subs to counter India 'threats'

That's a huge contract :woot: the PN should have gone to the T-214 sub, but China too makes a high-tech stuff.

No differences, AIP submarines easily detect noisy nuclear submarines, which is more advantages. Go fix your INS's poor maintenance records by fire accidents. ;)

Welcome back :) it is nice to see you again.

6Billion figure was just given by media to make the indian nav to do a knee jerk response to buy more subs.
india already in proccess of getting 10 AIP subs from france(6) and russia(4 similar to luda class).
this is in addition to the nuke subs they will be getting

6 Billion $ for sub ?? LOLZ BIG LOL since when Pakistan Navy spare 6 BN$ for sub????????? this kind of journalism *********

Think why India went for Russian consultation on Arihant project.Arihant project has been initiated in 1970s.India is not on first try to develop an SSN.We already have first of Arihant class SSBN in trials,second Arihant class & subsequent SSNs would be more refined.

And did you forget the Akula?IN would be looking for same specifications when going for indigenous SSNs

I already talked about the Russian consultation and even then the vessel will not be comparable to the equivalents I mentioned above. The ATV project wasn't initiated in the 70's rather a feasibility study was, after the 71 war. The project has taken shape since the 90's. Yes you leased the Akula, and it certainly does give experience of operating such a system. Build quality, operational ability etc will only be seen once extensive sea trials begin this year I believe? Also when the vessel is commissioned in 2015.

Is it confirmed that we r going for Yuan-class aand not the S20 ???

Nothing is confirmed so far.

This is the latest Yuan.

2qu4wvo.jpg

Think why India went for Russian consultation on Arihant project.Arihant project has been initiated in 1970s.India is not on first try to develop an SSN.We already have first of Arihant class SSBN in trials,second Arihant class & subsequent SSNs would be more refined.

And did you forget the Akula?IN would be looking for same specifications when going for indigenous SSNs

Do you atleast know what a CO2 cylinder is?

Arihant is quite noisy, that's just a fact, most of the technology needed to make it silent are not present in India, so unless you are saying that India can make things out of thin air then yea, it is noisy.

But it doesn't matter, Arihant is a missile sub, it's mission isn't sub haunting or ship attacking. It's defense sucks, a ballistic missile sub's defense is staying quiet for long period of time deep under the sea. It's suppose to just launch nukes.

The Akula is an attack sub is pretty good, but the thing is you only got one, maybe two. These subs need to stay with the carriers if you want your carrier to stay afloat when the war finishes, it can't go on sub hunting missions, for that you more than 1 or 2.

India at least don't have an advantage over Pakistan in the subs department even if all your subs work and operational. Which we all know is not true.

Arihant is quite noisy, that's just a fact, most of the technology needed to make it silent are not present in India, so unless you are saying that India can make things out of thin air then yea, it is noisy.

But it doesn't matter, Arihant is a missile sub, it's mission isn't sub haunting or ship attacking. It's defense sucks, a ballistic missile sub's defense is staying quiet for long period of time deep under the sea. It's suppose to just launch nukes.

'Arihant is quite noisy, that's just a fact' Come on dude...:omghaha:
'most of the technology needed to make it silent are not present in India, so unless you are saying that India can make things out of thin air' can you explain the technologies needed?

I know that Arihant is an SSBN.I am talking about the under development SSN project.And when the Carriers (Vikramaditya,Vikrant) are fully operational,we will have AIP Scorpenes too.

I already talked about the Russian consultation and even then the vessel will not be comparable to the equivalents I mentioned above. The ATV project wasn't initiated in the 70's rather a feasibility study was, after the 71 war. The project has taken shape since the 90's. Yes you leased the Akula, and it certainly does give experience of operating such a system. Build quality, operational ability etc will only be seen once extensive sea trials begin this year I believe? Also when the vessel is commissioned in 2015.

The project to develop the miniaturized reactor started back then.There is an option to buy the leased Akula after lease period is over. I am not talking about Arihant SSBN,but the SSN reportedly under development.From my view point,India has already built a SSBN,and has most of neccessary technologies to build an advanced attack submarine-Our own sonars,torpedos,communications systems etc.

What's an AIP?
no india doesnt operate any AIP
AIP= air independent propulsion which means it has a system that enables it to work even when the "air " for diseal engines run out of oxygen. so range to stay deep increases from less than week to a few weeks.
it may increase speed and stealth also.

no india doesnt operate any AIP
AIP= air independent propulsion which means it has a system that enables it to work even when the "air " for diseal engines run out of oxygen. so range to stay deep increases from less than week to a few weeks.
it may increase speed and stealth also.

Oh i know some of those words.

Back
Top Bottom